Forum

M&M Plan Continues . . . .

7 years 10 months ago #73764 by Buc
M&M Plan Continues . . . . was created by Buc
Tried to stay away from this Satellite Camp chatter.

However . . . .

My opinion, Jim Harbaugh understands that he has to recruit heavily in the South.

Another thing that led Jim Harbaugh to take his current approach . . . . He realizes that urban meyer did his homework and using the system, urban left the Big Ten area and signed on with Florida.

Why?

Back to that talent gathering issue that the Big Ten has had a problem understanding over the years. That was shown in the number of SEC National Championships over the past 10 or so years.

Jim Harbaugh signed on with Michigan, urban now at Ohio State. Which of the two programs at this point has been the better team since urban departed Florida? Easy answer there.

What Jim Harbaugh has done is try to make up ground on urban meyer/Ohio State. Not any different than politics, have to build that ground game. Jim Harbaugh is trying to do just that.

Harbaugh is going at it in his natural way of doing things . . . . He is front and center, and that can be either good or not so good. He has never really reached the top in the coaching profession, whether professional or college. Reminds me a bit of a head coach that UGA had. Could win games but never the grand prize.

What is going on in the press right now is in my mind a very good thing for those that are in the business of promoting college football. More and more college football is making up ground on the NFL. That in my mind is the “Master Plan” being “developed” by none other than . . . . right, M&M. They are very good at what they do and this is another plan that will fall into their basket, much like the SEC did when the SEC Network came into being. SEC was a project that M&M knew would be “ultra successful”. Just another step in the Disney house of cards. They win.

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73765 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic M&M Plan Continues . . . .
Liking Smart and Company more and more. Seems to me that every "issue"? that arises, the group seems to have an answer.

Kirby Smart understands what he needs to do and does it.

Have this great feeling about the "man out front".

Smart, Rocker and Pittman on board.

Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73767 by Buc
Really like photos, particularly photos where I see our coaches together. Photo of Smart and Pittman today on several different media sites, letting the Big Ten know that we are aware of their presence.

Cannot recall seeing our previous head coach ever standing with the offensive line coach, and especially when there was a lot of media, coaches and players present.

Again, so much has and is changing in Athens. Smart and Company understand, and they will not be one year wonders.

I am one who believes we can beat every team on our schedule in 2016. Odds usually work against that happening. Alabama and others for instance winning National Championship(s) have a loss or so when winning either the SEC or a National Championship.

This old dawg believes we have a group in Athens that has a game plan and that will hold true for years to come.

And this . . . . At some point those in charge of "appointing" Athletic Directors in Athens, will have to be "taught" a new "formula".

One thing understood in Tuscaloosa is this . . . . do not get in the fast lane with Nick Saban and the way he runs the football team. Fact.

My opinion, we (UGA) have allowed the "good old boys" to get involved with "selecting" rather than "understanding". The last two AD's have not brought a lot of good to our program. Red panties and the latest "stuff" that belongs to Greg McGarity.

For sure the hiring and firing at UGA is half done.

Bet this, while Kirby Smart is a good guy and wants the best for UGA, he also learned under Nick Saban that standing your ground leads to what the FANS want.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/20...ic-director/2009763/

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #73768 by Buc
Stepping out a little further . . . .

The bold, underlined copy below is one of many paragraphs that has had my attention and other Dawgs.com Board Members attention for "several years". Some Board Members were drawing a hardline on the previous head coach, tougher than myself, and longer. Can't duck the truth.

Since the changeover has occurred, we now hear the media saying that Smart and Company are coming closer to keeping football/student talent closer to home. Damn right members like sadlerdawg, NC_Dawg and others, many others were spot on for more than 5 or 6 years. Just another reason that myself and others "live and support the Dawgs.com" site. Partial, yes. Many read Dawgs.com, and often carry messages back to other sites. That is a good thing. When we fail to communicate, we lose. Nothing says that we have to agree with the . . . . "good old boys". I said that and will continue to do so until the "message" hits home.

Among coaches Georgia is widely viewed as a top-five job in the country because it has an endless supply of the most important natural resource: Players. The talent pool in Georgia is deeper than it’s ever been, and the fact that every one of Georgia’s regional rivals has won a national championship since the Bulldogs’ last one in 1980 proves it can be done in Athens, too.

www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/sec/...ach-search/76537820/

Allow me this . . . . Makes no difference to Smart and Company the number of "Stars" that are awarded by too many that have never worn the pads. Smart and Company know exactly who they want and finally . . . . willing to "Coach Them Up" . . . . eh yankeedawg1. Often when I look at what Pittman is doing, you come to mind. Looking forward to the BLUE PLATE SPECIAL. Truth. ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds