Forum

Well Predicted Insight!!!

8 years 10 months ago #68016 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic If It Ain't Broke?!?!?!?
BREAKING: Atlanta QB becomes UGA’s first 2017 commitment

McEachern QB Bailey Hockman announced on Twitter Friday morning he has committed to UGA.

Hockman, the son of McEachern High School coach Kyle Hockman, becomes the first member of UGA’s 2017 recruiting class. 247sports rates him as a 4-star prospect and the No. 2 pro-style prospect in the country among rising juniors.

For more rose colored vision: Someone's Gotta Hold the Clipboard!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• NC_Dawg
  • NC_Dawg's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 10 months ago #68018 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic If It Ain't Broke?!?!?!?
Watching the film on Hockman, the film on Eason. Considering the difference in competition levels, Hockman is a better quarterback if graded on the difference in team competitions. My opinion.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2588491/highlights/85682476/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 10 months ago - 8 years 10 months ago #68019 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic If It Ain't Broke?!?!?!?
Allow me this . . . .

Check the video below, the same video that is shown in Post #38.

If you have the time, count the number of times the football is "thrown in the air" 40 or more yards.

Count the number of times that Bailey Hockman "scrambles" to complete a pass. Why? He scrambles because todays defenses don't allow the "time" it takes to wait for a receiver that is 60 or 70 yards downfield and open. If not open, then "strong armed quarterbacks" that tend to throw it any way, many times, interceptions, especially in a Cover Two.

I have gone through every SEC team that we will face in 2015, regardless or how good or not so good they are overall, all have pass rushers. All anyone has to do is check rosters, especially if keeping up with recruiting.

College football that is played at a serious D1 level does not allow the long pass as much (near as much) as it did 14 or 15 years ago.

Players like several we have that will be on the field in 2015, ain't no way the 70/80 yard "bomb" will happen more than x number of times in an entire season, especially in a game. Touchdown goes for 70/80 yeards, more than likely it was a toss of less than 20/25 yards in the air.

Media all over "arm strength" some "blogs" same thing. Videos don't support the BS.

www.hudl.com/athlete/2588491/highlights/85682476/v2

Edit . . . . Some remember Joe Montana. West Coast Offense. Check some of his videos and see how far he threw the football for touchdowns in the air. Did not take long for the "copycat league" to jump on board and employ the same offense. Won "rings" without an "arm". Same can be said for Tarkenton, except, he never got the "ring". He however brought "scrambling" to the NFL and it worked.

Faton Bauta, you are surrounded by coaches that were never more than "second string quarterbacks, if that". AM left UGA with more football knowledge than his offensive coaches had, as I have posted before. Had to leave campus to learn the game in its entirety. Fact. Noodle arm and all, AM was picked late in the NFL, but the coach that selected him . . . . that is right a coach that teaches the West Coast Offense. Brains count.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
7 years 9 months ago #73839 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic If It Ain't Broke?!?!?!?
Just checking out this time last years topics.

www.dawgnation.com/football/former-georgia-qb-lands-in-big-12

Wonder who the 2016 uga qb will be and when the coaches announce. Would jp or fb see any playing time under the new coaches? I wonder why jp got those tats. Usually means not the smartest fellow from my experience.

More
7 years 9 months ago #73840 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic If It Ain't Broke?!?!?!?
Just reading about this kid in the thread. Looks like a good kid but not sure how he will be able to keep up in college while playing a varsity sport.

www.seccountry.com/alabama/the-latest-on...mons-academic-status

More
Time to create page: 0.097 seconds