Forum

Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game

11 years 5 months ago #49804 by UGAChemDawg
Marcus Lattimore will not start for South Carolina in their game with Florida tomorrow.

espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/...h-carolina-gamecocks

This probably means he won't be available at all.

This changes things. Originally, I thought that the Gamecocks were the clear number two team in the SEC behind Bama and that there was no way the Gators would beat them. I now believe Florida is the favorite in this game in Gainesville with Lattimore gone.

It looks like the road to the SEC east title will run through Jacksonville again this year. A game that most people thought would be inconsequential by this point is shaping up to be one of the most important in the history of the rivalry.

Really, we can't lose. If Florida beats us, it will only hasten the current regeme's demise. Richt and company would have been given a second chance and squandered it again on the big stage. If we win, it's a win over Florida and everything that was on the table before the loss to South Carolina is back on the table again.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49805 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game
Everything will be back on the table again because another team lost.... twice.

Not really very inspiring

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 5 months ago #49806 by Buc
UGAChemDawg, a damn good post. I look at your post from a "let's get real" perspective. Most of us know that we have talent, never been an issue. Most of us realize that a change needs to be made. Not in my bloodline to pull for the gators, will pass this piece of information along. Florida is getting several top line players back for the Carolina game. They will get some playing time this week getting ready for JAX.

Don't mean to say that I don't want to beat the gators, just think it would have to be a "perfect storm" as described by our coach(?) to accomplish this feat. UGA football players are on campus, have been year after year . . . . seems there is a missing link.

More
11 years 5 months ago #49813 by UGAChemDawg
Replied by UGAChemDawg on topic Re: Lattimore out for South Carolina-Florida game

Buc wrote: UGAChemDawg, a damn good post. I look at your post from a "let's get real" perspective. Most of us know that we have talent, never been an issue. Most of us realize that a change needs to be made. Not in my bloodline to pull for the gators, will pass this piece of information along. Florida is getting several top line players back for the Carolina game. They will get some playing time this week getting ready for JAX.

Don't mean to say that I don't want to beat the gators, just think it would have to be a "perfect storm" as described by our coach(?) to accomplish this feat. UGA football players are on campus, have been year after year . . . . seems there is a missing link.

After today's events, I no longer believe we can win in Jacksonville. Hopefully the end is near. I would like for the current crew to be gone before the playoff format begins. It's going to be a new era in division one football and we need a new leader to navigate the terrain in this brave new world.

• UGAChemDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49839 by duck
I don't think you have to worry about us backing in to the SEC title game, after we lose to KY, we will be a 2 loss team as well. On top of that, UF will destroy us more that USC. We are not a team, we have not played like a team in years, I said after the Bufflo game, this is a weak team with no desire to win.

More
11 years 5 months ago #49941 by Buc

UGAChemDawg wrote:

Buc wrote: UGAChemDawg, a damn good post. I look at your post from a "let's get real" perspective. Most of us know that we have talent, never been an issue. Most of us realize that a change needs to be made. Not in my bloodline to pull for the gators, will pass this piece of information along. Florida is getting several top line players back for the Carolina game. They will get some playing time this week getting ready for JAX.

After today's events, I no longer believe we can win in Jacksonville. Hopefully the end is near. I would like for the current crew to be gone before the playoff format begins. It's going to be a new era in division one football and we need a new leader to navigate the terrain in this brave new world.

Yep . . . .

More
Time to create page: 0.034 seconds