Forum

Page Two . . . "Party Line"

11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #49757 by Buc
Page Two . . . "Party Line" was created by Buc
Here we are going to play Kentucky, and what is it we hear from our offensive coordinator?

Mike Bobo says that he made a mistake in the South Carolina game, gave up on the run too soon. OK folks, been around UGA football for a while, here comes the sales package for those of us that don't understand playing in the "arena".

Supposedly we have one game facing us that could totally ruin what these coaches said could be a really good season. Does anyone doubt that our Freshmen running backs are going to have huge numbers against Kentucky. So the game is over and what . . . . we say that we made a mistake and we are back to where we should be.

This UGA team can beat Florida. The only problem that I see is a confused coaching staff. If anyone, anyone on this board believes that UGA is close to competing with the two teams in the West and the two teams in the East, please explain that scenario to me.

Listen my Brothers, I live in the State of Florida and if the Gators win in JAX, there will be no end to the athletes that will reside in Gainesville, Florida for a long time to come if our Dawgs come up short.

I along with the rest of you know that too many Georgia D1 athletes are not on board with the Red and Black. Don't jump me, look at the young players that are leaving the State of Georgia to play elsewhere. Soon we will see just how much recruiting power we have. There are three or four athletes that we have to have . . . . if we don't get them, someone again please explain to me how we are going to face off with the likes of South Carolina and Florida in the East. Not going to say much about the two or three teams in the West.

If anyone on here buys the "Party Line" this time, I understand. At the beginning of this season, Buc felt that we had "commited", "talented" athletes that were ready to turn the NFL down and wear our colors and move on to bigger and better things. THEN SOUTH CAROLINA RAISED IT'S UGLY HEAD, and I watched the current coaching staff do this . . . . . NOTHING. Cannot blame the players, I still think that our young men are not playing at full speed. That also is coaching.

This thread started with this . . . . Mike Bobo said we are going to run the football at who . . . Kentucky.

Someday, probably after I have bit the dust, we will get a coach that understands the football game starts in the trenches. Offensive line and Defensive line. Check the running back numbers against South Carolina, also if you have the time, read in between the lines . . . . this group of offensive coaches do not have a clue, they do however carry the "party line".

Greg McGarity, you served ten (10) years under Jeremy Foley, focus on what he did. Spurrier wanted to return to Florida after his miscue with the Washington Redskins. Foley hired Urban Meyer. Two Crystals. Foley stepped out again pulling Muschamp from Texas, where are they now? I do not want to believe that UGA cannot compete with others in the SEC. One thing that cannot be disputed, THE RECORD. Why is it that this group of coaches cannot beat a top 25 team? Is it the players fault? Top ten or top 20 recruiting classes year after year and our best efforts land us where?

Tired of the "Party Line". Gave up my true feelings and aligned with the players on the defense side of the ball. One thing I do know, and this is for Dawgs With Style, JJ has played hurt all season. The one thing about JJ is this, says nothing, plays. If the coaches at UGA allow him to play against Kentucky . . . . think I have been loud, hang on Brothers. This young man needs to heal, not improve some coaches chances of making a better position for himself.

Brothers, I am not through, but I will stop here. My promise is that I will be back, and soon.

Mark Richt, you need to be a Stand-up Man. Turn out the lights, the party is over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TampaDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago - 11 years 5 months ago #49759 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
More on the "Party Line" comments. Mark Richt has skated for far too long, address Mark Richt any way that you want, truth is that he wants to keep his job. Smells of dollars to me. Will anyone on this board say that the 2013 Football Season will be any better than previous seasons? Ten wins some will say, OK . . . . just how far does anyone that mentions the ten win seasons think we will improve on in 2013. Soft schedules are over, losing the major portion of the defense that was counted on this season, gone.

More than likely AM will be back, if not, just how deep are we at quarterback? Have we improved our offensive line from 2012 to 2013? Is every other team in the SEC just standing and watching UGA improve while not doing anything to improve their lot?

Richt said on his radio show on Monday night that Georgia’s 2013 signing class could have “10, 11, 12” midyear enrollees or “maybe more than that.” Quesion Mark Richt . . . . What is different about the "possibilities" or "could have" as you say will improve our record in 2013?

Never again short of a SEC Championship, and being in contention for a shot at the National Championship, being on the same level with Alabama, and not backing into any of the above mentioned situations without "backing in" can I accept what I see coming from the leadership at UGA. Say it again, probably again and again . . . . what is going on at UGA is on the dinner plate of Greg McGarity. If Greg McGarity is satisfied with the "accomplishments(?)" of Mark Richt, ten win seasons, an overall winning record since Richt was hired by VD, then the game of smoke and mirrors is being played (again) and accepted not only by the administration, sadly to say, the folks that can accept being mediocre.

Don't like Florida kicking our butts in JAX, go back to the beginning of the Richt regime and count the +'s and -'s. Not a pretty picture. Of course, that is to be expected, Florida is usually a top 25 team or better. Urban Meyer taught Mark Richt a lesson, Steve Spurrier is in the process of teaching Mark Richt the same lesson . . . . . again.

Actually this is pretty simple . . . . anyone that thinks that Mark Richt should stay at UGA for four (4) more years, say it here. I won't be ugly, would like to know who on this board feels that Mark Richt should stay with his record over the past 11 years.

One thing that I have noticed on this board over a long period of time is that when there is a chance of disagreement on touchy subjects, there are a handful of standup guys that put it on the line, whether pro or con.

I care for our team, I want more from those that call themselves leaders. Too much for an old fart to ask? Been around this program a hell of a lot longer than Mark Richt, time for him to look at what HE NEEDS TO DO. Thank you for your service Mark Richt . . . . NEXT.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TampaDawg

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49760 by gillette
Replied by gillette on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
As always Buc, you seem to put it like someone and I won't mention any names (McGarity) should've put it to CMR first thing Sunday morning after the USC shellacking.

It reminds me of a guy, I don't remember who or where, at a UGA Bulldog Club banquet several years ago, tring to give CMR the same lecture in front of God and everyone.

CMR responded in fierce defense of himself stating in "simplified terms", he knew how to coach and didn't need some knee jerk guy from God only knows where telling him that he's failed and needs to change his stradegy and his coaching staff. This lone guy got hammered by the rest of the attendees. Hopefully those people are starting to see the he was right. But I'm guessing they're all "Obama voters" still today.

Where I live, I hear it from countless chicken fans stating they would take CMR anytime. I tell them "please take him if want a good man and mediocrity. If you want SEC championships and national championships on a regular basis, then you better look elsewhere".

I would be so much more on the bus with CMR if only he'd put CMB on the bus to anywhere but Athens years ago. But it's obviously clear that's never going to happen. I don't consider myself an expert in football by ANY stretch of the imagination. But if I can sit there and watch the Dawgs line up and predict nearly 100% of the time what play they're going to call, things are not good in Dawg Nation.

Counting on another team's failure is disgusting. CMR has reached his highest potential in the SEC and even with all of the tremendous talent sadly the UGA football program has reached it's highest peak.

More
11 years 5 months ago #49761 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Page Two . . . "Party Line"
I don't even care about Bobo any longer. Even he is man enough to admit there were some mistakes made in play calling.

I just wanted as well to see MR say that the coaches deserve some significant blame for not getting the team ready for these big games. Instead after this last debacle... it was all about our kids not being up to the physical challenge, and "breaks" that didn't go our way. Oh and wait... I forgot to mention the unpredictable and unsurvivable "perfect storm" for which there is no plan of action ( or responsibility).

Even if our young men (our O & D lines... let's not banter) were physically whipped, MR is the one ultimately responsible for recruiting and our strength and conditioning staff. Man up for once and take responsibility.

That just really rubbed me seriously wrong when my dander was already quite raised.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 5 months ago #49762 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"

I along with the rest of you know that too many Georgia D1 athletes are not on board with the Red and Black. Don't jump me, look at the young players that are leaving the State of Georgia to play elsewhere. Soon we will see just how much recruiting power we have. There are three or four athletes that we have to have . . . . if we don't get them, someone again please explain to me how we are going to face off with the likes of South Carolina and Florida in the East. Not going to say much about the two or three teams in the West.

Truth. We are being out recruited in our own State. The same old line is well CMR is a great recruiter but is being out recruited by Saban, Chizak, Muschamp and now Spurrier. Not saying we can or will get all the big recruits but we should get at the least 3 of the top 5 in the state. Those 4 above and mark my words Smart will be wearing Orange next year, so make it 5 will be hitting this state hard for top caliber players........where does that leave us?

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 5 months ago #49763 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Page Two . . . "Party Line"
Guys, another thing that really sticks in my craw that I don't say too much about on this board.

There is a group here and other places that talk about what Richt and Bobo mean to our recruiting. Seriously, if you are the head coach and offensive coordinator, why should you not be able to recruit the top athletes for your state university. What difference does it make when you do get a certain percentage of the top athletes and can't find your way through schedules like we have had the past two seasons.

There was a lot of talk about certain athletes having reservations on playing for UGA when Mark Richt was on the "supposed hot seat". So, Richt and company win 10 games last season and Richt is awarded a new contract extension for 4 years or so. Looking over the list of those that we beat last season, don't see a lot of games that we were supposed to lose. We only lose when we face COMPETITION.

Takes me to the statement that gillette made in this thread about the UGA supporter being called down by Richt and his supporters. Some folks can't handle the "truth" and it has become apparent that Richt fits into that category. He will ride this out as far as McGarity will allow. Richt was forced to remove WM, did not want to, but it is amazing what can happen when folks get a belly full. In my opinion, Richt fits into the WM category now and the person that needs to step up is McGarity. Sometimes we like folks a lot in the business world, but it comes down to performance as to whether or not one stays in the mix. Never doubt for a moment that UGA Football is a business and sometimes the "stockholders" can make things happen with the right mind set.

From all appearances, to me at least, Richt is setting up the same game plan that he had when on the "hot seat". Talking about the 10 or so players that "might" be heading to Athens. We know the next "party line". If Richt is not going to be the head coach, probably these young players will go elsewhere. I say to that . . . at some point the cord has to be cut. Richt feeds us his message, time for Richt to get some of what he preaches thrown back at him. It is a business and Richt has become a very wealthy man with the dollars that you and I have sent his way through the UGA system. This stockholder has had enough, know what I see, facts are facts. The bottom line at UGA under Richt will not improve.

Said a couple of times, I bent over backwards for this group, this season, stepped out and got it handed to me trying to believe "again" the "Party Line". Never again . . . . why never again . . . . have seen the same plan unfold the same way over and over. Much like the plan that is not a plan coming out of Washington. Lots of smiles, kissing babies and shaking hands. Making the rounds and saying give me another hitch and things will improve.

I am a T. Boone Pickens sort of man. Like Pickens says over and over . . . . roll up our sleeves and go to work. Richt has fed off of the system in Athens long enough. Believe me, Buc ain't done with this.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.045 seconds