Forum

Pink Out

11 years 5 months ago #49619 by LimeyDawg
Pink Out was created by LimeyDawg
Okay, all ire and pithiness aside, I have an idea I'd like to gain some traction.

Aaron Murray's father has cancer. I'll bet none of us has anything but prayers and good wishes for Murray senior, and for Aaron. As a fan, this hits home as I'm sure it will with many of you. My son, Dylan, was diagnosed with leukemia at age 2, and the American Cancer Society is, therefore, one of my favorite charities. So it struck me that we, the Dawg Nation, have a chance to step up in a big, big way.

So.....

When we play Kentucky on 11/03, how about we call for a pink-out to create a little cancer awareness on the national stage? Maybe the AD can collect money at the gates on that date and donate it to the ACS on behalf of the Murray family. To me, this is what Georgia is about. Yes, we're pity and passionate, unforgiving and slightly off kilter when it comes to our Dawgs. We're also blessed and possessed of giant hearts.

I'm locked down in SW Florida, but some of you know somebody who knows somebody. Put a bug in an ear. Show the nation that Georgia has a heart. If you know somebody who might get this idea to the powers that be, how about it?

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."
The following user(s) said Thank You: fire_dawg, WoodstockDawg, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49622 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Pink Out
LimeyDawg, my first cousin, who by the way is a graduate of UGA lives in the Fort Myers area. Eva Claire for many years was the head of the Cancer Society for the State of Florida. A wonderful person that has meant so much to so many, and she did a magnificient job helping others battling this/these awful disease(s) through the Cancer Society. I will pass your post along to her, and if you have more to say or ask, will pass that along also.

A thought, would try and get Eva Claire and friends together with say a Publix . . . . you think?

LimeyDawg, no promises, willing to try.

Short notice . . . . miracles do happen. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: WoodstockDawg

More
11 years 5 months ago #49631 by LimeyDawg
Replied by LimeyDawg on topic Re: Pink Out
Thanks Buc. And I realize that its Ole Miss, not Kentucky on 11/03.

"The freedom of individuals to verbally to oppose or to challenge police actions without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state."

• LimeyDawg
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 5 months ago #49656 by WoodstockDawg
Replied by WoodstockDawg on topic Re: Pink Out
First Class LimeyDawg!!

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds