Forum

From Athens - Game Day Friday # 3

11 years 6 months ago #48751 by yankeedawg1
From Athens - Game Day Friday # 3 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

With game three this weekend 25% of the season will be in the books.

3-0 sounds much better than 2-1. The swing with the win over Mizzou is not to be understated.

The win over Mizzou for us is a valuable page in building a SECC & NC resume sometime in the not too distant future.

Many times on this board we have spoke that defense wins in the SEC and earns you the opportunity to play for a NC. For the past six years it has also won the NC going away.

The Mizzou game we played all four quarters. As was pointed out by CTG it was something that we did not do in several of our games last season. USC-LSU and MSU come to mind.

Give credit to our S & C program and the coaching staff for the work towards building quality depth. I like it a lot.

IMO some key points that showed up in my game within the game.

Coach them up – just what our coaches did. No player saved anything.

We used the first three quarters to give a heavy dose of the run to wear down their “D” line- Body blows

AM dialed in the second half, Hey we even hit a TE pass to JR and tried another pass to a RB -Lordy

Our “O” line did much better second half. True it is a work in progress-thank you CWF

Nerves and inexperience caused our penalties very correctable with more game experience.

Defense –we saw with Motel “6” and crew made sure that the run was a non-factor for Mizzo we only gave up one long run for the entire game to a RB.

The food of Big John’s table was safe,MIzzou didn’t get a crumb!

“29” will be a nightmare for any team we play. Pay too much attention to him and his posse will get you.

A good game was called on both sides of the ball by our coaches. They made the necessary adjustments as the game was under way and at the half. Our time outs were productive also.

CTG’s “Tude” wearing off on others in the program has been talked about several times here and it showed up again last Saturday night.

CMR was out with the hugs and high fives, much more than any time in recent memory. A very good thing. It shows he is engaged in coaching again. A very good thing for our program.

As Georgia and I watched JJ take over the fourth quarter and willed us a “W”

I made the comment to her about how a high school senior was watching and said I want to play in CTG defense it is the Interstate to play at the next level.

We will see come February how all this plays out. Without question we will have another banner NSD.

FAU will not be a trap game. Take care of business early get more playing time for our next man up on both sides of the ball. Add to this no injuries.

Going to be a special night at Sanford Russ gets his collar.

The passing of the bone is all ways a heartfelt moment. Remembering the DGD that served before and looking forward to the future.

Russ earned his collar and place in history. “Fear the Brown Ear”

Our Team-Our Time-No Regrets – Make these words hold up

Just win baby- works for me

Give a special word to someone you care about, make their day and yours

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 6 months ago #48753 by southernlover
Replied by southernlover on topic Re: From Athens - Game Day Friday # 3
Well said YD.

I will be glad to see Vasser and Commings back in the defensive lineup. Dawgs need to win this one by 40+ to get tuned up for the following week. Am really looking forward to watching our eastern brethren battle it out in Knoxville.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48754 by TN Dawg
Replied by TN Dawg on topic Re: From Athens - Game Day Friday # 3
YD1 - Hope you and Georgia are enjoying the cool mornings and evenings. Very nice here in east TN this past week. Your post is right on mark. One thing I always worry about after a emotional win. Don't look past FAU. Recent events show us that our coaches must have the gang focused on this week. And it will be good to see a few more on D side of the ball.

FAU will not be a trap game. Take care of business early get more playing time for our next man up on both sides of the ball. Add to this no injuries.

That should be our main goal this game. Win big and stay healthy.

Have wonderful weekend everyone.

Go Dawgs! GATA!

More
11 years 6 months ago #48764 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: From Athens - Game Day Friday # 3
I'd like to see us get up by somewhere in the 20's to nothing and then send in the backups. I hope this will be a great live scrimmage for Christian Lemay and some of the other QUALITY athletes who back up the front line to get some serious reps.

More
11 years 6 months ago #48766 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Re: From Athens - Game Day Friday # 3
No significant injuries is huge.

I hate to win battles but have casualties that would end up costing us the war.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
11 years 6 months ago - 11 years 6 months ago #48769 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: From Athens - Game Day Friday # 3
Pound the rock. Get Gurley and Marshall some serious reps. Give Malcome some carries and RSIII some reps at FB. Lemay can hand it off or "toss" it as well as AM can. Keep the first team OL in at least thru 3 1/2 qtrs for some serious work.

Meat of the schedule is just around the corner.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.028 seconds