Forum

Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

11 years 8 months ago #47925 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
I love it when those big guys fly around and HIT people! I saw an article somewhere recently that said James Franklin likes to lower his shoulder when he's running and put something behind his pads -

"Hey, James Franklin - I'm CALLIN' YOU OUT!! Try lowering that shoulder into one of our linebackers!"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
11 years 8 months ago #47926 by DAWGtm
Replied by DAWGtm on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

thriller wrote: I love it when those big guys fly around and HIT people! I saw an article somewhere recently that said James Franklin likes to lower his shoulder when he's running and put something behind his pads -

"Hey, James Franklin - I'm CALLIN' YOU OUT!! Try lowering that shoulder into one of our linebackers!"

Read the same thing Thriller. I could see a concussion in his near future. Wonder how their depth chart looks like at the QB spot would like to see us go trough a couple of them.

GO DAWGS

More
11 years 8 months ago #47938 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time

thriller wrote: I love it when those big guys fly around and HIT people! I saw an article somewhere recently that said James Franklin likes to lower his shoulder when he's running and put something behind his pads -

thriller, going back through some of the threads and posts, thought this might be a good place to put this link. Know this, we had better be over the way we tackled the last couple of years. Really hope that this group of Dawgs takes pride in every aspect of defensive football. Wrap'em up. :)

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 8 months ago #47942 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Missouri/Georgia . . . Show Time
If Franklin runs like that in the SEC, he'll get more than just a separated shoulder. Another thing I noticed in that video - Arizona State can't cover OR tackle - and they STILL beat Missouri. :lol:

More
11 years 8 months ago #47944 by Buc
thriller, can't imagine Todd Grantham allowing Franklin to get to the edge as much as he does in the video. If he cannot make it to the edge, you are probably right about looking harm directly in the eye. Maybe I should say eyes of many, the men up front play nasty.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 8 months ago #47953 by Buc

WoodstockDawg wrote: I love FB and TE...

They can be hard to defend if used correctly...

I think your assessment that Rome will be big is this game is dead on. I also hope that we see QH or a FB become huge in our offense this year.

The "Hobnail Boot" Touchdown in TN was to a FB... We need the FB catching the ball... It adds another dimension, and really keeps a defense on its toes.

Lets play some football!

GO DAWGS...

WoodstockDawg, apparently Lilly is big on the new TE's on campus. Had some very good things to say about them in the media yesterday.

Also understand that we are going to operate much of the time again this year from the no huddle. If that is the case then this new group of players must really have their heads screwed on. Working out of the no huddle, gives the tight ends a greater chance of making receptions.

One more thing that has caught my eye is Greg Pyke. Looks like he is going to play this year, no redshirt. Trying to be careful WoodstockDawg, does appear that Greg Pyke has a bit of the same stuff that John Theus is made of. Could not really make up my mind when he first signed on, did not know the level of competition. Seems to me that Will Friend is building something real special in Athens. Mike Bobo is praising the offensive line also . . . . going to be interesting. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds