Quantcast
Forum
      

Weather in the Classic City

Tuesday Night
Slight Chance Thunderstorms
86 66
Tomorrow
Slight Chance Thunderstorms
85 59
Thursday
Sunny
80 52
Friday
Sunny
76 53
Saturday
Mostly Sunny
80 56
Sunday
Mostly Sunny
82 58
Monday
Mostly Sunny
84 

Volunteer Staff - No Ads
Help with Expenses

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2

TOPIC: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . .

Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . . 4 years 2 months ago #47466

Looking over the link below, first thought was this explains why we have a lot of chatter on all boards about our offense. The players selected were chosen by SEC Coaches. Does not say a lot about our offensive unit from top to bottom. Thinking that there had better be some serious offensive happenings in Athens and on the road this season.

Not totally convinced with the defensive selections, however . . . . somebody had better wake up and start keeping some of these top athletes in state.

Seems to me that the defense is being constructed to be an SEC defense again. I can see the change in the last three years, apparently many see the same.

Wish I could say the same about the offense. While the play calls have been questioned for some time, my problem with the offense is the recruitment of offensive linemen. Personal opinion, too much effort has been used to get the backs and not the folks that do the work and don't get the proper recognition.

Link below disturbs me.

www.macon.com/2012/07/12/2092437/coaches...m.html#storylink=rss
  • Buc
  • Buc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sage Dawg
  • Posts: 12628
  • Thank you received: 5963
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . . 4 years 2 months ago #47467

My problem with the Offense is the coaching there of......end of story

(oops negativity rears its ugly head):whistle:

:evil:
  • ogredawg
  • ogredawg's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Posts: 1622
  • Thank you received: 910
thecountrynation.com
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . . 4 years 2 months ago #47468

ogredawg wrote:
My problem with the Offense is the coaching there of......end of story

I would change this to---coaching, or lack there of.
  • sadlerdawg
  • sadlerdawg's Avatar
  • Online
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Posts: 3014
  • Thank you received: 861
The SMART era begins!!!!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, ogredawg, Dawg With Style

Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . . 4 years 2 months ago #47473

Buc wrote:
Looking over the link below, first thought was this explains why we have a lot of chatter on all boards about our offense. The players selected were chosen by SEC Coaches. Does not say a lot about our offensive unit from top to bottom. Thinking that there had better be some serious offensive happenings in Athens and on the road this season.

Not totally convinced with the defensive selections, however . . . . somebody had better wake up and start keeping some of these top athletes in state.

Seems to me that the defense is being constructed to be an SEC defense again. I can see the change in the last three years, apparently many see the same.

Wish I could say the same about the offense. While the play calls have been questioned for some time, my problem with the offense is the recruitment of offensive linemen. Personal opinion, too much effort has been used to get the backs and not the folks that do the work and don't get the proper recognition.

Link below disturbs me.

www.macon.com/2012/07/12/2092437/coaches...m.html#storylink=rss


Yep Buc.......won't beat a dead horse but as you know, I have been concerned about the OL as well as yourself. Don't think the OL will be any better than last year the first 5-6 games (maybe worse)....hopefully will get much better the second half of the season. There are zero UGA OL on the first three SEC teams.....not good.
  • wlayton
  • wlayton's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sage Dawg
  • Posts: 10054
  • Thank you received: 1252
PVBDAWG
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . . 4 years 2 months ago #47482

wlayton wrote:
Buc wrote:
Looking over the link below, first thought was this explains why we have a lot of chatter on all boards about our offense. The players selected were chosen by SEC Coaches. Does not say a lot about our offensive unit from top to bottom. Thinking that there had better be some serious offensive happenings in Athens and on the road this season.

Not totally convinced with the defensive selections, however . . . . somebody had better wake up and start keeping some of these top athletes in state.

Seems to me that the defense is being constructed to be an SEC defense again. I can see the change in the last three years, apparently many see the same.

Wish I could say the same about the offense. While the play calls have been questioned for some time, my problem with the offense is the recruitment of offensive linemen. Personal opinion, too much effort has been used to get the backs and not the folks that do the work and don't get the proper recognition.

Link below disturbs me.

www.macon.com/2012/07/12/2092437/coaches...m.html#storylink=rss


Yep Buc.......won't beat a dead horse but as you know, I have been concerned about the OL as well as yourself. Don't think the OL will be any better than last year the first 5-6 games (maybe worse)....hopefully will get much better the second half of the season. There are zero UGA OL on the first three SEC teams.....not good.

wlayton, seems to be a recurring pattern. Both of us love the flash and dash, but we also know what it takes for that to happen both offensively and defensively.

Can't tell you how hard I am pulling for Friend to be the "real deal". Stability in football works the same way in the business world, of which I know you understand.
  • Buc
  • Buc's Avatar
  • Offline
  • Sage Dawg
  • Posts: 12628
  • Thank you received: 5963
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . . 4 years 2 months ago #47486

Looks like there aren't many UGA players on either side of the ball. Either we are lying in the weeds, waiting to ambush a lot of teams that are obviously overlooking us, or we really aren't very good.

It sure would have been nice to have had Bacarri Rambo for more than just the last 8 games of the season, and Alec Ogletree for the last 10. Weed must be AWFULLY good stuff!
  • thriller
  • thriller's Avatar
  • Online
  • Junkyard Dawg
  • Posts: 1501
  • Thank you received: 774
The past has passed. Turn the page and MOVE FORWARD.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
  • 1
  • 2
Time to create page: 0.039 seconds

Latest Posts @Dawgs.com

    • Buc's Avatar
    • Depth problems
    • rockdawg, I have no doubts that Kirby will "remove the cobwebs". Will be interesting to see if...
    • 2 hours 58 minutes ago
    • rockdawg's Avatar
    • Depth problems
    • Marinated for a few days on Ole Miss. They were a better team, but once the rock started rolling, it...
    • 3 hours 43 minutes ago
    • Buc's Avatar
    • Depth problems
    • Without being too ugly sflanagan21 . . . . A group of coaches in the SEC came to build their teams....
    • 12 hours 15 minutes ago
    • sflanagan21's Avatar
    • Depth problems
    • Buc, I hate to admit this but I really think the Vols have found "something" and they're starting to...
    • 23 hours 37 minutes ago
    • sflanagan21's Avatar
    • MONDAY MORNING START UP
    • Right on point sadlerdawg! I've been begging for some quick timing routes! Eason is barely getting 2...
    • 23 hours 47 minutes ago
    • Buc's Avatar
    • Depth problems
    • Quote: Thanks for the kind words Buc. And no you are not wrong. What more can be said. Buckle up because...
    • 1 day 1 minute ago
    • sflanagan21's Avatar
    • Depth problems
    • Buc, I'm pretty sure if OG and I were to meet at a bar we'd either end up best buddies by night's...
    • 1 day 13 minutes ago