Forum

Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . .

11 years 9 months ago #47466 by Buc
Looking over the link below, first thought was this explains why we have a lot of chatter on all boards about our offense. The players selected were chosen by SEC Coaches. Does not say a lot about our offensive unit from top to bottom. Thinking that there had better be some serious offensive happenings in Athens and on the road this season.

Not totally convinced with the defensive selections, however . . . . somebody had better wake up and start keeping some of these top athletes in state.

Seems to me that the defense is being constructed to be an SEC defense again. I can see the change in the last three years, apparently many see the same.

Wish I could say the same about the offense. While the play calls have been questioned for some time, my problem with the offense is the recruitment of offensive linemen. Personal opinion, too much effort has been used to get the backs and not the folks that do the work and don't get the proper recognition.

Link below disturbs me.

www.macon.com/2012/07/12/2092437/coaches...m.html#storylink=rss
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47467 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . .
My problem with the Offense is the coaching there of......end of story

(oops negativity rears its ugly head):whistle:

:evil:

thecountrynation.com

More
11 years 9 months ago #47468 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . .

ogredawg wrote: My problem with the Offense is the coaching there of......end of story

I would change this to---coaching, or lack there of.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, ogredawg, Dawg With Style

More
11 years 9 months ago #47473 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . .

Buc wrote: Looking over the link below, first thought was this explains why we have a lot of chatter on all boards about our offense. The players selected were chosen by SEC Coaches. Does not say a lot about our offensive unit from top to bottom. Thinking that there had better be some serious offensive happenings in Athens and on the road this season.

Not totally convinced with the defensive selections, however . . . . somebody had better wake up and start keeping some of these top athletes in state.

Seems to me that the defense is being constructed to be an SEC defense again. I can see the change in the last three years, apparently many see the same.

Wish I could say the same about the offense. While the play calls have been questioned for some time, my problem with the offense is the recruitment of offensive linemen. Personal opinion, too much effort has been used to get the backs and not the folks that do the work and don't get the proper recognition.

Link below disturbs me.

Yep Buc.......won't beat a dead horse but as you know, I have been concerned about the OL as well as yourself. Don't think the OL will be any better than last year the first 5-6 games (maybe worse)....hopefully will get much better the second half of the season. There are zero UGA OL on the first three SEC teams.....not good.

PVBDAWG

More
11 years 9 months ago #47482 by Buc

wlayton wrote:

Buc wrote: Looking over the link below, first thought was this explains why we have a lot of chatter on all boards about our offense. The players selected were chosen by SEC Coaches. Does not say a lot about our offensive unit from top to bottom. Thinking that there had better be some serious offensive happenings in Athens and on the road this season.

Link below disturbs me.

Yep Buc.......won't beat a dead horse but as you know, I have been concerned about the OL as well as yourself. Don't think the OL will be any better than last year the first 5-6 games (maybe worse)....hopefully will get much better the second half of the season. There are zero UGA OL on the first three SEC teams.....not good.

wlayton, seems to be a recurring pattern. Both of us love the flash and dash, but we also know what it takes for that to happen both offensively and defensively.

Can't tell you how hard I am pulling for Friend to be the "real deal". Stability in football works the same way in the business world, of which I know you understand.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47486 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic Re: Questions, Many . . . Answers, Few . . .
Looks like there aren't many UGA players on either side of the ball. Either we are lying in the weeds, waiting to ambush a lot of teams that are obviously overlooking us, or we really aren't very good.

It sure would have been nice to have had Bacarri Rambo for more than just the last 8 games of the season, and Alec Ogletree for the last 10. Weed must be AWFULLY good stuff!

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds