Forum

Thoughts on SEC Football

11 years 9 months ago #47180 by Buc
Thoughts on SEC Football was created by Buc
This is the time of year that I spend many hours pouring over UGA Football, trying to see where other folks stand on the upcoming season.

Actually some of the better reading comes from folks that blog and are deeply invested in the Red and Black, versus some of the things that we read from certain beat writers.

Many of these bloggers have played the game at a higher level than high school, and have more time in a pair of football cleats than those that are trying to get us to jump on board and read their columns or subscribe to their publications or sites. Not all, some . . . think that most of us know who the "some" are.

Below is a link to some reading that gives one a reason to pause and reflect. Differing opinions many times produce beautiful results.

www.berniesdawgblawg.com/2012/06/around-...te-of-richt-era.html
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47181 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Re: Thoughts on SEC Football
OR Maybe 30 years is to Damn long!

That was honest thanks for posting Buc.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #47183 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Re: Thoughts on SEC Football
From time to time some discuss kicking/punting on this board, maybe more so than most other boards. For Blair there was much back and forth on his success and his problems. Rex Robinson got heavily involved early in Blair's career at UGA. We have a really good kicker signed, hope that all goes well.

This is not a shot at our coaching per say. I happen to believe that too many games are won and lost in the kicking game, which I consider special teams to a point. Interesting what Minnesota Vikings coach thinks about Blair and his professional possibilities.

www.dailynorseman.com/2012/6/23/3113734/...-officially-underway

Looking around, this article caught my eye. Maybe some of the media hype that we read concerning James Franklin being ready for UGA . . . . guess we will see.

www.kansascity.com/2012/06/04/3642048/mi...es-berkstresser.html

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47184 by Buc
Not too often that I post a link from Mark Bradley, maybe never. Found this article to be a read.

Sometimes I suppose that we (UGA FOLKS) have differing opinions, as has been the case as long as I have been around following UGA Football.

Lots of truth in what Mark has to say, history is history.

Like I mentioned earlier, time of the year to reflect, I do that on this board. Have always loved history . . . . tends to point to the truth (Or Close).

Still believe that we are good in some areas, not so good in others. Special Teams as we all know can be worth one or two wins. That statement is history and FACT. At one point not too far back, UGA was being lauded for its Special Teams play.

Changes were made on the Defensive side of the ball and we can see results. Maybe UGA is just a coach or two away from becoming a perennial BCS Team with a couple of adjustments.

blogs.ajc.com/mark-bradley-blog/2012/06/...gs_mark_bradley_blog

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47185 by Buc
One or two more thoughts. Has anyone on this board noticed that most of the "commits" that are now backing away and looking at their full schedule of folks to visit, have serious concerns about playing time?

Have you folks also looked at the "commits" that are on the offensive side of the ball versus the defensive side of the ball? Interesting when we think about that . . . . right?

Would you at this point, any of you on this board rather have a running back or a player from another position?

If any of us believe that a 5 Star running back can and will run through the number 1 linebacker and number 2 5 Star rated player in the country, you and I have a problem. SEC does not allow that, hope that UGA has gotten back to fundamentals. We need that.

Would love to have the #1 running back in the next class come to Athens, I do however know that we have the top two running backs in the nation in the last two years. Not even bringing into consideration what most folks in North Carolina think that there was and is a better running back than Marshall. There are many teams in the nation that would love to have either one of the two. WE GOT BOTH!

There will come a time when the "Offense" has to stand up and claim to be on an even keel with the "Defense". How many more players do we need on the "Offensive" side of the ball to say that both sides are "equal"?

Some point to the "four losses", nothing wrong with that. Now the time has come to this . . . a schedule that is favorable (again).

A Defense that has time in grade. A Quarterback that had better use his brain and understand that there are "better" more "talented" football players on the gridiron than himself. That also is not a shot, it is called "maturing" and I know from folks that I associate with that AM can do that. Time for AM to play "team" football. Expounding on that . . . . AM's coaches need to understand . . . . ready for this . . . game management. There are two halves of football, both the Offensive and Defensive side of the ball need to understand that. The TIME is here and NOW. Do not like seeing premier players leave Georgia because Saban/Smart call. That comes from coaching and winning. Why else would anyone coach a football team at this level and not want to be the best?

Last word from me . . . . winning is the cure, not one side of the ball, both sides. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
11 years 9 months ago #47195 by flyindawg
Replied by flyindawg on topic Re: Thoughts on SEC Football
All great post Buc. Out of all of them, I must say that the thought of CTG taking over brought a smile to my face. He has a fierce competitors drive that I love.

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds