Mike B. was inside the BM and had a good look at

the tea leaves.....his resume was going to get any

Better in Athens....he knew the cluster at QB that loomed

We know now that he wanted FB to be QB and MR

was the veto that kept that from happening....many of us

Felt that from the git go...... CKS. Plays who he feels has

The best chance for us to win....that's the way it is for all

Positions....fact. Go Dawgs

Lot to be discussed in the above and the opening questions and statements in this thread. My opinion.

You said yd1 . . . .

We know now that he wanted FB to be QB and MR

was the veto that kept that from happening....many of us

Felt that from the git go

Why would Mike Bobo offer a scholarship to Faton Bauta? Since becoming head coach at Colorado State.

Why would Mike Bobo and Jeremy Pruitt go together soon after Pruitt's hire and speak to Mark Richt about "certain changes"?

Why was Mark Richt "silent" after Jeremy Pruitt stepped out and voiced his opinion about the Indoor Practice Facility?

Answer . . . . Mark Richt's job as head coach was on the line. When is the last time anyone would pp away 4 million dollars? While the bleeding hearts want mediocrity, some sites such as Dawgs.com had enough of the "Carney". Anyone that believes that Dawgs.com was not read and watched closely by the Group in Athens . . . . Never doubt that.

At this point don't really care about the bleeding hearts, and now it is time for many of us that believe and "know" that we have a group of coaches that understand what the word "depth" means.

Anyone that doubts that our offensive coaches understand that a running game is paramount in the SEC, remain where you are, that is not meant to be ugly, it was said to "try" and bring you up to SEC Football. Winning football.

If anyone doubts what "past" super stars are saying, such as . . . . Players are bigger, faster and stronger than when we played, quit "bobbing for apples", you do not have a clue.

This is where I feel UGA is . . . . About three (3) football years away from competing with "everyone", on a yearly basis. Believe this . . . . not just the SEC . . . . College football is a "business". For a "business" to survive, it takes top notch "Leadership" to move into the elite area. Matters not where you choose to play or what team you/we choose to support. Alabama/Saban and the Group in Tuscaloosa understand. You think . . . . I do.

Truth is this . . . . we (UGA) are playing catch up. Why? My opinion, we put up with too much of the "stuff" that the media and the Group put before us. Dawgs.com said enough is enough.

What say you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #72890 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It now can be said IMO correctly that CMB played his

Poker hand very well.... Good on him....happy for his family and his opportunity...

Good spot for him to learn the ropes of being A HC

Same with Rob Sales....

As time passes I think our row got a wake up call

Starting with empty seats and the incumbent staff

Lacking the ability to reverse the trend....

Gents the Genie is out of the bottle....

The beautiful thing about watching our team this year...

We will learn together...fans and players what we can

capable of doing.... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72905 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Couple of articles that I find interesting. If you haven't read them, worth a few minutes. This board has shown more interest in offensive linemen for a long time.

gridironnow.com/new-georgia-line-coach-s...an-draws-high-marks/

gridironnow.com/are-colleges-to-blame-fo...fensive-tackle-play/
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 1 month ago #72908 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Solid reads Buc....game is constantly changing..

After saying that I feel our OL with CSP will be taught

Both run and pass block.... Go Dawgs

Brain fart earlier I posted in this thread named Rob Sales

Should have been Will Friend..... Who went west with

CMB..... Mind and fingers not in sync....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72910 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

Buc wrote: Why would Mike Bobo offer a scholarship to Faton Bauta? Since becoming head coach at Colorado State.

Why would Mike Bobo and Jeremy Pruitt go together soon after Pruitt's hire and speak to Mark Richt about "certain changes"?

Why was Mark Richt "silent" after Jeremy Pruitt stepped out and voiced his opinion about the Indoor Practice Facility?

Answer . . . . Mark Richt's job as head coach was on the line. When is the last time anyone would pp away 4 million dollars? While the bleeding hearts want mediocrity, some sites such as Dawgs.com had enough of the "Carney". Anyone that believes that Dawgs.com was not read and watched closely by the Group in Athens . . . . Never doubt that.

Buc,

I don't doubt that the former coach's job was on the line, but I also think that a big reason for the silence in the wake of "the Pruitt moment" was purely tactical. By saying nothing, he got to maintain the appearance that he was handling his business internally while being able to just ignore it away. If he addressed it, then he'd have to make some substantive public comment on Pruitt, and as anyone who has watched a press conference from the former coach, the two words 'substantive' and 'comment' are definitely not what you'd use to describe them.

Like most things in the former regime, if a problem was ignored, it didn't exist.

Buc wrote: This is where I feel UGA is . . . . About three (3) football years away from competing with "everyone", on a yearly basis. Believe this . . . . not just the SEC . . . . College football is a "business". For a "business" to survive, it takes top notch "Leadership" to move into the elite area

It also takes top notch money, and gauging by the piece I read on the AJC and listening to the dawgnation podcast yesterday, all the bleeding hearts are hands across America for the amount of money it took to buy out Shoddy, CMR, Pruitt, and Hocke. My response to that is this - blame no one but the former coach and the administration who continued to give him contract extensions. Blame him for the piss poor hiring of Shoddy, which anyone with a shred of football sense knew was a debacle in the making.

What really irks me was how, on the podcast, it's being insinuated that Pittman isn't living up to his $650k salary and how if he lands Tyler Catalina, that it will justify his large paycheck in the eyes of UGA fans. But this is part and parcel for the crap I've been reading on that rag, just like it was on national signing day where AJC's thinly veiled message being shot out - Kirby can't do any better than Richt .

Buc wrote: At this point don't really care about the bleeding hearts, and now it is time for many of us that believe and "know" that we have a group of coaches that understand what the word "depth" means.

Damn right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds