Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 2 months ago #72908 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Solid reads Buc....game is constantly changing..

After saying that I feel our OL with CSP will be taught

Both run and pass block.... Go Dawgs

Brain fart earlier I posted in this thread named Rob Sales

Should have been Will Friend..... Who went west with

CMB..... Mind and fingers not in sync....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72910 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

Buc wrote: Why would Mike Bobo offer a scholarship to Faton Bauta? Since becoming head coach at Colorado State.

Why would Mike Bobo and Jeremy Pruitt go together soon after Pruitt's hire and speak to Mark Richt about "certain changes"?

Why was Mark Richt "silent" after Jeremy Pruitt stepped out and voiced his opinion about the Indoor Practice Facility?

Answer . . . . Mark Richt's job as head coach was on the line. When is the last time anyone would pp away 4 million dollars? While the bleeding hearts want mediocrity, some sites such as Dawgs.com had enough of the "Carney". Anyone that believes that Dawgs.com was not read and watched closely by the Group in Athens . . . . Never doubt that.

Buc,

I don't doubt that the former coach's job was on the line, but I also think that a big reason for the silence in the wake of "the Pruitt moment" was purely tactical. By saying nothing, he got to maintain the appearance that he was handling his business internally while being able to just ignore it away. If he addressed it, then he'd have to make some substantive public comment on Pruitt, and as anyone who has watched a press conference from the former coach, the two words 'substantive' and 'comment' are definitely not what you'd use to describe them.

Like most things in the former regime, if a problem was ignored, it didn't exist.

Buc wrote: This is where I feel UGA is . . . . About three (3) football years away from competing with "everyone", on a yearly basis. Believe this . . . . not just the SEC . . . . College football is a "business". For a "business" to survive, it takes top notch "Leadership" to move into the elite area

It also takes top notch money, and gauging by the piece I read on the AJC and listening to the dawgnation podcast yesterday, all the bleeding hearts are hands across America for the amount of money it took to buy out Shoddy, CMR, Pruitt, and Hocke. My response to that is this - blame no one but the former coach and the administration who continued to give him contract extensions. Blame him for the piss poor hiring of Shoddy, which anyone with a shred of football sense knew was a debacle in the making.

What really irks me was how, on the podcast, it's being insinuated that Pittman isn't living up to his $650k salary and how if he lands Tyler Catalina, that it will justify his large paycheck in the eyes of UGA fans. But this is part and parcel for the crap I've been reading on that rag, just like it was on national signing day where AJC's thinly veiled message being shot out - Kirby can't do any better than Richt .

Buc wrote: At this point don't really care about the bleeding hearts, and now it is time for many of us that believe and "know" that we have a group of coaches that understand what the word "depth" means.

Damn right.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72913 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
SouthernDawg, I sincerely hope that you continue what "you have started" on this board.

I say that for this reason . . . . Have gone back and read every post you have made on Dawgs.com. for this reason . . . . you make sense, not spouting off, easy for me to understand that you understand.

Depth became a huge issue on Dawgs.com about 4 or 5 years back. Started with a handful and soon the members could not be moved back into the "darkness".

Single biggest problem with the understanding of depth is it lead to other sites following, but not on the same level that the membership here voiced the need for "more".

SouthernDawg you said . . . .

Damn right.

Allow me this . . . . averagedawg led the charge for Head Coach Kirby Smart (still like saying that) coming to Athens. There was not another site that came close to what averagedawg said concerning Kirby Smart returning home. Many sites dismissed the thought of Kirby Smart replacing Mark Richt.

The man says little, but he knows.

This does not mean a lot, but . . . . Notice that Coach Ball is no longer coaching at LSU.

Say again SouthernDawg, I cross my fingers that Smart and Company can remain together for whatever length of time it takes to make "all comfortable". After that, "DEPTH" will not be an issue.

Greg McGarity, sit in your "box" and stay out of the way. Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 2 months ago #72921 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
I thought it was strange fb announced his transfer right after mr was fired. I'm sure he already had things lined up. Don't fault him at all for going somewhere he thought would be better for him. I wish him the best...

I wonder what would have happened had he stayed in Athens? I think he was a great kid, but not quite talented enough to play sec qb. On this site mr was an idiot for not playing him. Wonder the thoughts if he had stuck around and held the clipboard.

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds