Forum

Glory Days

8 years 2 months ago #72846 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Glory Days

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc not surprised that MR is repeating his ways in Miami

Leopards can't change their spots...... It is what it is.....

Only someone else's problem this time....Go Dawgs

yd1, everyday I check "things" out.

I believe that "soon" there is going to be some "flack" being pointed at us. As you know, I have always kept things in the vault.

The only supporter of UGA Football happier than myself and others, believe this to be true . . . . averagedawg.

If I had to make a list it would be easy to name board members that have wanted "change" for years . . . . not months or weeks. Most on Dawgs.com know who those members are, names not necessary.

If I have one hope and believe it will happen in Athens . . . . the Red and Black, the Classic City, it is this . . . . Change. Not change for any other reason than this . . . . No "stuff" from the "top".

Dollars and cents will follow LEADERSHIP. That alone should make the Group happy. Has been said on Dawgs.com often . . . . Leave those alone that understand "cleats and turf". Dollars as said above will follow.

McGarity and the Group called out by Pruitt. What is the end result? The coins were contributed, far above what Scrooge was wishing for. Now Scrooge is after MORE. Do not like it.

Being ugly, don't think so. Still trying to figure out why Athletic Director Greg McGarity is making over one half million dollars a year? For what?

Mentioned earlier that those that have seats in Butts-Mehre have kissed up closely as witnessed by the "Pouty" article in the AJC.

My focus is on Head Coach Kirby Smart and Company. This is a great group of assembled football coaches. If this group stays together for at least three (3) years, I truly believe that all of us can say we are "ready" to face off with the likes of anyone. Prior to this for many years, the chatter has been a result of many fans being "media fed". Yes, I said that.

Go Dawgs, McGarity and Group stay the heck out of the way. Have also said this . . . . when the "real change" has happened then we will have to do the same things that have happened in Tuscaloosa . . . . Wages go way the heck past what is now being paid. We have begged for "change". Head Coach Kirby Smart "answered the call".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago #72849 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Glory Days
Well, I am glad you guys got the coach you wanted. I don't think you're going to see dramatic improvment in win loss column. That's not me being ugly, just my thoughts. If Kirby can recruit more blue chippers the wins will come. I think uga was 30/10 in conf regular season play the last five years. Be interesting to see how the new guys do in comparison.

My point in this thread was a mr team could beat a ns team pretty badly. Uga had better players in that contest. Bama is dominating now because they get the best players. Ns is a great coach and I'm not saying anything different. But watch the game I posted. Butt kicking...

Buc, if you have an opinion of the new hurricane staff I would be interested in hearing.

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72853 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Glory Days
Keep on chirping about Mark Richt.. again your comments are a very thinly veiled comment we heard for years from all Mark Richt supporters.

Since you're fond of talking about UGA as "you guys", let me the one to say that yes it is "us guys" and "WE" are very happy with a new direction even if it means taking risk.

WE are the sort of people who are willing to take risk in order to be great as opposed to accepting being merely good.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 2 months ago #72854 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Glory Days
When you get right down to it, WE are all just spectators in this entertainment business. WE have no risk or reward involved other than being able to strutt around saying "i am a champion", or mope around saying "blah" when the year is over.

• scooby
  • Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72855 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Glory Days
Scobby Wrote:

My point in this thread was a mr team could beat a ns team pretty badly. Uga had better players in that contest. Bama is dominating now because they get the best players. Ns is a great coach and I'm not saying anything different. But watch the game I posted. Butt kicking...

Yes, there was a time, very early in Marks career, when we beat many teams with great regularity. I was sitting in Section 107 for the game you posted....it was an awesome evening in Athens and our future looked bright,..............then,...........not so much!

This topic has been often discussed. That was 2004 and the "toddler" coaching years for both Mark and Nick. Which one grew up to be heads and shoulders above the other? I don't pretend to know all the reasons why Nick excelled and Mark didn't. Certainly both possessed the fundamentals at the inception of their careers. Nonetheless, the facts and the historical record speaks for itself.

It's now Kirby's turn. I'm hopeful that he will resurrect much of the greatness our program had during Marks early years.....and then eclipse them. Time will write Kirby's journal entries and I consider myself an avid reader.

As for Mark, his journal is already filled with conflicting chapters, waffling ambitions, questionable decision-making and suspect leadership....Perhaps he has now found a niche' of followers and a fan base in the tens of hundreds that will accept him for him. I hear the weather is nice in Miami!!

Moving on,..........

GO DAWGS!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1, scooby

More
8 years 2 months ago #72857 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Glory Days
NcDawg.....points well stated thank you

Scobby.... You are correct we are all spectators in

A entertainment business....however we have choices as

To which teams we support....we can choose how much

We engage with the teams we support...for me the

Kicker is.....my dna doesn't let me accept mediocrity..

Lack of effort is apathy...... Bluntly sports is about

Winning....why else keep score...did not say or support

Winning at all costs.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds