Forum

Thank You Jeremy Pruitt

8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #72839 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Thank You Jeremy Pruitt

scooby wrote: I see the ipf as a bigger deal for recruiting than improving the team. It's another carrot to wave in front of the recruits.

scooby, remembering the reason that Coach Pruitt stepped forward and created silence from Richt and pp'd McGarity off along with the Group . . . . Jeremy Pruitt said simply, UGA has money, the fans demand change and that change is being able to stop the flow of great athletes leaving the State of Georgia.

Below is a video from a high school coach that is "all that". Has been "all that" in Alabama high school football, now Georgia high school football.

Listen to what he has to say in the video if you have time. Not going to say at what point he talks about football players from different states, it is all there on the video. Worth a look and listen.

Can never have too many "carrots". ;)

EDIT: Said I would not give the time away on the video, lied. 6:50 mark. Notice he did not mention Alabama. Reason for that, our players are going to the University of Alabama for one reason . . . . Coaching.
The following user(s) said Thank You: scooby

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72852 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Thank You Jeremy Pruitt
Of course the biggest deal about the IPF is recruiting. No one has ever thought it was going to make our players better... talent is talent and it's only coaching that makes them better.

The IPF is mainly about presenting our university as a top notch program.

Thank you CJP for shaming our AD and those money-hawks into acknowledging that fact... (or at least taking reluctant action.. not so sure here they really care, but at least CJP made them act.)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 1 month ago #72888 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Thank You Jeremy Pruitt
I want to also chime in here and thank Coach Jeremy Pruitt for all he did in his short time at UGA.

For all that has been said about the "hard charging maverick" and one who had "little use for decorum and protocol," how about taking a look from the other side of the football for a moment? First of all, really successful football coaches are usually just that - hard charging mavericks. If you think Kirby Smart isn't a hard charging maverick, then you just wait and get yourself strapped in. Secondly, there's nothing to be guilty of in being a "hard charging maverick." This program had been so anesthetized by the personality and temperament of its former head coach that anyone who so much as raised a voice was got categorized with some useless combination of adverbs. It became quite obvious that anyone who came into UGA that was passionate and driven was going to have problems with the former head coach. As critical as I was of Todd Grantham, I also understood that he found out real quickly that he was going to be up against a block wall in dealing with the former coach. Their personalities meshed about as well as water and electricity. And it was interesting to see Pruitt travel down that same path.

Pruitt has the goods - he's the complete package. He'll do very well for himself down the road. That hard charging maverick did more for this program in his short tenure than most appreciate - or at least they don't admit it publicly.

averagedawg wrote: Without a Pruitt there wouldn't be a Kirby.

Doggone truth right there my man. Very well said.

Here's a little look into the "hard charging maverick" and his football attitude when his team his up 37-17 with 2:23 left in the game to play.

No matter what happens down the road, he's a DGD in my book and always will be one.

More
8 years 1 month ago #72893 by scooby
Replied by scooby on topic Thank You Jeremy Pruitt
I'm calling it early. His first and only hc job will be auburn. Perfect fit...

More
8 years 1 month ago #72895 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Thank You Jeremy Pruitt
Kirby Smart's expectations are as high or higher than the fan base.
Nobody wants it more than Coach Smart.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 1 month ago #72899 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Thank You Jeremy Pruitt
Exactly ....averagedawg.... CKS wants it.... For the

University and the fans....most of all for the players

He is aware that they have been the ones who have

Labored under less than desirable leadership for to long.

As a former player he knows...you can't ask for a

Player to give anymore than you are willing to give as a

Coach........Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds