Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 2 months ago #72798 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
MH is speaking to whatmany of us on this board have stated fro year --if kids stay in state even Bama can't compete. The top 10 players in Ga yearly are better than the top 10 in Bama.

Kids like MH and Lecounte next year will help build the "Commit to the G" culture we need. Under CMR, commit to the G stood for "Commit to the Goodness of having a good heart because winning doesn't matter"
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72799 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts

BulldogShannon wrote: MH is speaking to whatmany of us on this board have stated fro year --if kids stay in state even Bama can't compete. The top 10 players in Ga yearly are better than the top 10 in Bama.

Kids like MH and Lecounte next year will help build the "Commit to the G" culture we need. Under CMR, commit to the G stood for "Commit to the Goodness of having a good heart because winning doesn't matter"

BulldogShannon, thought this might be a good place to place this link.

Believe it was Wartdawg that mentioned to those that thought our recruiting would go by the wayside if hiring a new coach did not hold up.

Link below is coming from the outside, not those that had their hearts broken when Coach Smart was hired. Believe more and more folks are beginning to open their eyes and see just what you mentioned above . . . . "Commit to the Goodness of having a good heart because winning doesn't matter".

Whether the grading in the article below is right or wrong, it says to me that "change has been made successfully".

2017 recruiting might turn some of those fans(?) around. Seems like more and more of the media folks are on board with Smart and Company.

Alabama is set for years to come. Coach Smart knows that he has to peck away to get close to what Nick Saban has done and is doing. Kirby Smart was very good with Nick Saban, now we find out how good Kirby Smart is without Nick Saban. Also, Nick Saban finds out just how good Kirby Smart was and what he meant to the Alabama program.

You make a good point about top athletes in the State of Georgia. Looking at the new hires, have this feeling that we are going to see names on the roster that would never been there or approached by the previous head coach.

gridironnow.com/the-2016-sec-recruiting-report-card/
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72802 by BulldogShannon
Replied by BulldogShannon on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Enjoyed the article tremendously Buc. You are wise beyond your years :laugh:

More
8 years 2 months ago #72804 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
It's Saturday night thoughts from Athens...

Just watched the Dawgs thump Assburn just damn fun

When we beat those butt heads in anything..

Bruce Pearl was scum at UT and he and AU fit each other

Heading to the galley...nibbles and reload the JD ....

Blessed to be a Dawg..... Go Dawgs.

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72805 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
BulldogShannon, have known from my first post on Dawgs.com that this is where I wanted to "hang out".

Old fart that still has some of his lungs.

I have said before that there are many members here that are solid not only in their beliefs, they are solid when they hit the keyboard.

Everyone of us want to be heard, otherwise we would do as many that read Dawgs.com, read and return and read again. There is a lot of that and I feel sure that stevedawg appreciates those that are "loud" like myself and those that let their eyes scan what is posted here, and leave the chatter to folks like yourself. Could list many, no need to, they know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.027 seconds