Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 1 month ago #72777 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Well NSD has come and gone….we now know what the net results are from all the flipping that took place….

Some surprises and some disappointments which seem to be part of the process…

I believe it was the case for all C5 teams…. Nobody came away signing every recruit that they wanted……

First congratulations to all who committed to the “G”….those players who switched to wear the R&B happy you took a second look and want to be part of what is taking place with our football program…

IMO we came away in far better shape than the heads predicted after all our coaching changes…true we lost players but I feel really good about those who have signed…..they want to be a Dawg…..time will tell but think this group well surprise us on how well the improve…

In talking with my local Dawg fan….he is not shedding a tear about Brown going to Assburn… his words…. Over rated …..likes CRG who strokes him and CTR didn’t…..

On EJ….. sparkle of the Leftcoast…..and not playing against SEC

DL week after week…. Possibility ….. a candidate for major case of homesick…..and ends up transferring ……

now hearing grumblings that he had character issues and that UGA backed off him….. Hindsight ….. Seems there was something beyond what was known…..

CKS……”Not worried about Stars, I am focused on development ….

Sound like coaching them up……... to me…..hmmmmm…

Wish I had saved the interview so I could give the reporter credit…

CKS asked why he was such a successful recruiter…..

Always speak the truth

Learn what the recruit’s skill strength is…then tell how you plan to use that skill within your program… and when…..how soon will he see the field….PT is important…..

He sighted this year’s Tide NC game

Started 2 true freshmen and a red shirt freshman DB’s

The red shirt freshman’s strength man to man coverage… CKS

Put him in the nickel package covering the slot receiver…..and he had a great game…

Putting players were they can make plays….. love it….. sounds very similar to what CJP was saying….during his time in Athens

Step back and see who CKS and his assistant coaches out recruited…on a short cycle….. then tell me that our former HC could have done as well…..

Majority of the Bulldog Nation is extremely pleased….

Those who are not…… sorry…… not

G-Game….April 16th at 4pm……. Time to Rock the Hedges….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week

Enjoy the Super Bowl

As always.. “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72783 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Reading the article below, thought for a minute that I was going over much of what has been said on Dawgs.com.

Good read by Bill, now directing his attention to many of the issues that a lot of folks on this board have discussed between ourselves for a very long time.

Seems to be focusing on some of the short comings of the previous head coach. Not being ugly, just glad to see others open their eyes to reality.

Mentions the previous head coach and his lack of addressing the offensive line . . . . Really?

www.dawgnation.com/football/opinion/does...e-a-little-more-love
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 1 month ago #72784 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Now the fear factor has been removed and the possibility

Of having to stay in step or face being scorned we

Will start hearing a truer picture of what the rest of the

Story was for the past 15 years..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #72786 by Buc
Could not let the chatter below not be recognized for exactly what it is.

Coach Smart stepped up quickly to let "everyone" know that every player on his team will be protected. Sound a bit like Nick Saban? From where I sit, yes it does.

Coach Smart is bringing to Athens a "new and real way" of coaching football. X's and O's are only one area of the game. Not much will get by Kirby Smart, his degree is a proven path to success, both on the field and in press conferences. Cub reporters will find out soon enough. There is nothing "foolish" about Smart's vision for Georgia Football.

In the copy below, Coach Smart makes mention of an area that goes along with one of the things he first said after arriving in Athens . . . . Need for an offensive line. That translates to a running game and of course quarterback excellence.

“Some of it came up during recruiting that the pressure’s not on Jacob, the pressure’s on me. I’m the first-year head coach. The pressure is on me and Coach (Jim) Chaney to protect him. There’s no pressure on him, no expectations on him. He’s a kid coming out of high school for mid-year (enrollment). He’s going to have 15 practices, he’s going to have 27, 28 practices in the fall to get him ready and prepare him. We’ve got to put him in good situations and we’ve got to be able to run the ball if he’s the guy. We don’t want him coming in and thinking he’s got to win the job. There’s some other guys here too that played some football last year. We’ve got to find what the best remedy for our offense is. That’ll be very important in spring practice. To say that it all falls on Jacob, I don’t think that’s the case. I would rather take that burden myself.”

Eason was asked about Smarts comments and replied:

“It feels great because there is a lot of expectation from the fans and the media. I do look at that, but not too much. When Coach Smart says (that the pressure is on him and not me), it’s kind of reassuring that I’m going to be able to go out and grow and do my job. As a young quarterback, it definitely means a lot when he says that.”

Noticed that Bradley is using the term . . . . Coach 'em Up! My, my.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 1 month ago #72787 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Watch your mail Buc. Bradley will be sending you a

Check for using your patented phrase.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72788 by Buc
yd1, pleases me when I read outside of Dawgs.com and know that some of what I am reading originated here. Not just me, I have seen several examples of members chatter on this board being used elsewhere. Have mentioned that in private to stevedawg a time or two over a period of time.

Do know that many reporters go to 24/7 for their information. After reading the "second post" easily recognizable as being "borrowed" from 24/7. They change the head and move a word or two around and it magically appears as "first" our of the box.

Last couple of years there was a site that pushing hard to get a foot hold on not only Georgia, South Carolina and a couple others as well. Occasionally someone tries to do that and they usually last for a short period of time. Just as the one I am mentioning in this paragraph.

Simple FACT. Notice capitalization of FACT is now showing up in a lot of posts elsewhere, was not that way a short time back.

Dawgs.com has been around for a long time and like Coach Smart, steady as it goes. That has happened for a couple of reasons . . . . Leadership and membership. FACT.

World of publishing is not easy to participate in, many find that out sooner than others.

Go Dawgs . . . . Coach'em Up! :whistle: Had to do that . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds