Forum

RECRUITING

8 years 1 month ago #72770 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING

yankeedawg1 wrote: Excellent point Buc.... Get the ball out quickly and have

Good hands who know what to do after the catch...

Speed guys will make the quick outs work with

A mobile JE.....and then there is the TE's......

Also agree that Pyke coming back his huge...to help

Developing young guys....a year of Pittman polish will

help his NFL stock also...... Go Dawgs

We are who we are yankeedawg1, not telling you anything you are not aware of.

One of the ways that the New England Patriots have been able to offset some issues along the offensive line is doing what we are talking about. Tom Brady has lived off of receivers that normally run short routes and "are open".

Jacob Eason is being compared to Tom Brady in many areas of football talent.

In previous years, our players had to play to a system that was not designed to their talents, FACT. If AM had been given a little more latitude at the quarterback position, his winning numbers would have been higher. Another area and reason that a head coaching change had to be made.

Nick Saban brings Lane Kiffin in and allows Kiffin to operate the offense differently. Not everything, but enough of a change to be appreciated by Kiffin and appreciated by Nick Saban.

We were mired in the mud for too long. Yes, change has been made, it took a long time and many friendships were stretched to the limit among fans of the Red and Black.

If Deshaun Watson of Clemson had been strictly a pocket passer, can only imagine what that Alabama defensive line and backers would have done to him.

Welcome Coach Smart and Company. Coach Smart was a part of the Lane Kiffin changeover, he and Lane worked closely together as a team and they were again fitted for National Championship rings.

We are not talking about rocket science. We are actually talking about leadership without expressed "can't do this or that".

Not a doubt in my mind that Jacob Eason will do the same hard work in the S&C area and also work with his receiving corps in the offseason.

Ole Miss will be doing the same thing and they have added a lot of talent. Looking forward to the matchup this season. Number one and two rated quarterbacks coming out of high school.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72771 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic RECRUITING
About JE and S & C......small filler I read....he commented

I half gained 10 Lbs since I have been on campus

Bet it is not from over eating ....... His words. Work outs in

The weight room...... From HS. to here.....light years apart

Pups sweating pushing to get bigger stronger and faster

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 1 month ago #72772 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic RECRUITING
Anybody who argues that Coach Smart's recruiting class isn't a home run is obviously an idiot.
Great job, Coach.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SouthernDawg

More
8 years 1 month ago #72773 by kentdaddy
Replied by kentdaddy on topic RECRUITING
So excited
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 1 month ago #72774 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic RECRUITING
Might be that some have not watched this video.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 1 month ago #72775 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic RECRUITING
Did anyone notice that when Kirby was talking about the recruits, he referred to the recruits by name, but when he talked about Eason in that class of recruits, he called him "our quarterback" and "the quarterback."

I have no doubt and never have had any doubt that there is no QB competition here. There might be an appearance of a contest just to keep things appearing fair, but Eason is exactly what Kirby called him: our quarterback. I am willing to take correction on this if you guys think I'm reading too much into this, but I don't think I am. There's been some speculation from some folks on other forums and round about that I talk to who think UGA will redshirt Eason. Not a chance. Ain't gonna happen. I fully expect us to start Eason as a true freshman, let him take his lumps and mature, and get going out of the gate right now.

I cannot express how refreshing it is to hear our coach address questions and give direct, knowledgeable, and even at times, self-critical answers. This man knows football, and listening to him talk, like a surgeon, he has his hands right on the areas that need fixin'.

Very excited. Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.102 seconds