Forum

Monday Morning---Something to Think About . . . .

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72712 by Buc
“I miss being around him already,” Jones said. “Just for the things he brought to the table as far as instilling in us great (attention to) detail, discipline and just being on top of our game at all times. Whether that was on the field or in meetings, (it was about) just being focused in everything we do. He’s a guy that loves the game, and he gets that out of the players. That passion that he brings definitely motivates us to go hard.”

The above was what Cyrus Jones of Bama had to say about Mel Tucker. Not second hand information coming from Jones, he lived it.

Proof again that Head Coach Kirby Smart (love saying that)
knows what is needed to move our football program forward.

Depth is not only needed on the players roster, probably more important that depth is consistent on the coaching staff. Think maybe Nick Saban understood that? I do. Kirby Smart does.

Greg McGarity, stay out of the way, Kirby Smart and Company will insure that you continue to get raises. Bet that.

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72713 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: Buc. Went back and read my post didn't mean to

Sound so snarky commenting on your thoughts

Time of the year....recruiting.... Flips and flops

Sorry...... Mouth...overloads brain at times

Go Dawgs

yd1, not sure what you are apologizing for. Nothing said by you that bothered me. Probably the only thing that can get under my skin is not recognizing what the Veterans have done for our Country. There are many of those "out there".

Notice that everyone running for POTUS is all about helping those that helped them. Veterans understand, they/we vote wisely. averagedawg knows.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72714 by Buc
Any time that I hear anyone's name mentioned on the same level as Champ Bailey . . . . time to get excited. That is "top shelf".

Wartdawg has posted for all of us on Dawgs.com to get ready for a tremendous player . . . . Richard LeCounte. Wartdawg said it, I believe it.

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72715 by Buc
ENERGY.

That is what has been missing in Athens by the former head coach. Saw his face "often" on LOI Day in Athens. Big smile, perfect at some point as a ESPN "talking head". I said that. The "U" will not be his final spot, and it won't last for . . . . gasp . . . . 15 years.

For this old goat . . . .

Watching Kirby Smart go to the National Championship game, and all that he "did" between being named UGA Head Coach and actually arriving on campus, that is ENERGY.

Following the recent change at the "U", see the same "stuff" that those of us on this board watched in Athens under the Richt regime, beginning in 2001 and pushed hard by the Group for the past 10 or so years.

From what I know and conversations that I have had . . . . hats off to "former players" wearing the Red and Black, that said to the Group, enough is enough. Leave Francis out of that, he is trying hard to be more than he is. Story of his football career. Said that too.

Again . . . . Welcome Home Head Coach Kirby Smart. SEC Football has returned to the Classic City. :)

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72716 by Buc
Question . . . .

If Georgia ends up rated in the top five or ten with a head coaching change along with several (most) assistants coaches being replaced, is that not a very good start for the new coaches and . . . . us?

Read an article elsewhere that said . . . . the previous head coach left some good players in Athens. There is a lot of truth in that statement. Question for me would be . . . . what would the previous coach do with the incoming talent? Does his record for the past x number of years speak to his ability to LEAD the incoming recruits?

Members, I realize that I often say things that I hope brings some of the "bleeding hearts" to come "chat" with us. They have not, hiding behind their keyboards and posting elsewhere. Many of them read Dawgs.com, however they understand that when scoping this site out, there are several here that will "discuss" subjects . . . . in length.

Personally have found Dawgs.com to be an open minded, willing to chat "both sides" of an issue, if there is an issue.

Truthfully, venom is not allowed here, that is reserved for "others".

Go Dawgs :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72717 by Buc
Coach Jeremy Pruitt . . . . Thank you. Some understand what you were faced with when you arrived in the Classic City.

Easy to understand when we see the removal of the head coach. You did not create that problem. You came to Athens, and would have remained here, just realize that some of us really know what you accomplished in Athens. You came up the "hard way", some of us also understand that path. I will pull for you and the Tide, and you know that I would say this . . . . except for one game. Don't have to go further with that.

We still have some "stuff" in Athens that needs to be corrected, again, thank you for laying it out for those like Francis that is totally full of himself, and needs to "disappear".

You caused this to happen and move forward. Pissed a lot of folks off that sit on Mahogany Row. Those of us that maybe have been successful and chirp about "stuff" will remain grateful for your time with "us" . . . . "us" does not include the "bleeding hearts".

Trying hard to get some of this "stuff" out of my system. Realize that there are one or two, maybe more that are not happy with my posts. Hear this . . . . Do not care. I am easily corrected, but be damn sure you are focused when we discuss "stuff".

The "trouble maker" . . . . Jeremy Pruitt got this project started, not Mark Richt or Greg McGarity or the Group which is in truth Mahogany Row that follows what the Board of Trustees has to offer.

I remember that the Indoor Practice Facility was a huge point of discussion. Also remember that the construction going on now would not be underway at this point without a "serious football insider coach" . . . . not the previous head coach . . . . Jeremy Pruitt.

Attachments:

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.038 seconds