Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughts

8 years 2 months ago #72693 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughts was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Winter drags on here in the Classic City. We missed the snow last weekend…as I have noted did not miss not having any…..

Week was filled again with flipping recruits….we lost some gained some ….. Athens will have train service again as the “Moving Train” joins our football team… Sam Pittman recruits a player he thinks he can develop ….. coaching them up….

Can’t teach speed and you can’t grow big linemen without good size to start with…. Solomon Kindley has unlimited potential …..if he puts the work in…..wow..Will be used often with his name….

I don’t think CSP is finished signing OL for this class….IMHO we
Will be both surprised and pleased with this class on NSD…

Agree Buc would have loved to have Tre Nixon here in Athens…
Wish him well….now we need to move on and find plan “B”

WR recruits seem to be swapping horses late in the recruiting game….. we may see a surprise WR landing with the Dawgs…..

Reading the recruiting tea leafs can be daunting and frustrating ...

Happy to have Nauta in school same with the other early enrollment recruits…

Been said an army marches on its stomach….. the same can be said about the members of this site…..
Thanks to all who voiced their breakfast preferences and then moved on to the adult beverages of choices…

No question we could put the Food Network to task….

All good and better suggestions……

I would sign up to take part in fishing or hunting camp with our group just to take part in the meals and campfire tippling……

We also could put out a tailgate spread that would be lights out….fact.

Pause and give thanks

Been a while since I said hey to Greg and his buds

Thanks to our Vets for their service…..

Have a safe weekend and a great week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg, Wartdawg, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72695 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
yankeedawg1, will pass this along. Greg and Tre Nixon's Mom both work in the same section of the VA. Haven't had a chance to talk with Greg, will soon. Know that he will be disappointed that Tre will not be wearing the Red and Black.

Traveling to South Florida today, maybe I will pick up a few football stories while there.

Did notice that a nice sum of money was raised for the Veterans last evening. Need all the help possible.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 2 months ago #72696 by Buc
Back again . . . .

After reading the article below, seems to me that a lot was being said without saying too much by Tarkenton.

Fran left UGA and opened his pro career with the Vikings. Right away there were problems created between Tarkenton and then coach Norm Van Brocklin. Norm was a tough guy, much like Jeremy Pruitt.

There was a need for change in Athens, but it took a coach like Pruitt to point the program in what turned out ultimately to be where we are now . . . . Coaches and a "Indoor Practice Facility".

Live in a glass house, do not throw rocks, sir.

Following the Minnesota Vikings' admission to the National Football League, there were ultimately two candidates for the position of head coach: Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Norm Van Brocklin and Winnipeg Blue Bombers head coach Bud Grant. Van Brocklin was favored by three of the Vikings' five board members, and after discussions with the franchise management on January 18, Van Brocklin signed an initial three-year contract and was appointed as head coach on January 18, 1961. In Van Brocklin's first season in charge of the Vikings, the team won just three of their 14 games, a record that got worse before it got better. The team had a record of 2–11–1 in Van Brocklin's second season as head coach, but improved to 8–5–1 in the 1964 season. However, this was not enough to reach the NFL Championship Game as the team finished tied for second place in the Western Conference.

By Van Brocklin's final season at the helm, his relationship with starting quarterback Fran Tarkenton had deteriorated to the point that the two could no longer work together. This resulted in Van Brocklin's resignation on February 11, 1967, shortly followed by Tarkenton being traded to the New York Giants.

www.seccountry.com/georgia/uga-legend-fr...-ex-dc-jeremy-pruitt
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 2 months ago #72697 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc, I watched the Trump rally for our vets last night. Skipped the cartel debate.
Like him or not, he puts his money where his mouth is.
Time to take care of our greatest Americans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 2 months ago #72698 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughts
Buc if you do take a roadie travel safely...

Word that I am getting off campus Tre had nothing but

Positive things to say about UGA. He said it had nothing

To do with coaching changes.... Ole Miss just fit better

For him.... Knowing what I do about him I can buy that

CKS learned about helicopters from CNS.....

Just confirmed what I posted when he was hired

CKS has all the tools in his toolbox and know how and

When to use them..... Word up....practice has a whole

New meaning with our football program. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, averagedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72699 by Buc

averagedawg wrote: Buc, I watched the Trump rally for our vets last night. Skipped the cartel debate.
Like him or not, he puts his money where his mouth is.
Time to take care of our greatest Americans.

averagedawg, you are close to many Veterans, and your wife is a special person. You know first hand what many men and women Veterans went through and too many still carry the scars and other handicaps keeping America Great.

I too watched MSNBC not Fox last evening. Couple of others running for President there with Trump. That I can appreciate.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds