Forum

Time is Needed

8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72680 by Buc
Time is Needed was created by Buc
Close to LOI day, appears that Ole Miss has found its way back to playing solid SEC Football. Ole Miss did something that we again could not do, beat Alabama.

Turnovers and all of the excuses that many want to make, only thing that counts is the score when the clock hits zero.

Anyone that still wants to hang on to the past, times have changed.

See where Ole Miss at this point is #4 in the recruiting ratings (1/27/2016) by the “talking heads”. Do know this, every team in the SEC is basically after many of the same talent. Georgia at this point is sitting in ninth.

Takes me to this again.

Anyone that believes that a coaching change at the “top” was not needed, not much we can talk about.

Comes a time when “most” fans and supporters of Georgia Football need to take a close look at what “happened in 2016”.

Will never make an excuse for Kirby Smart or anyone connected with Georgia Football. Change was needed, and change happened.

If we had remained with the same group of coaches for 2016, not a doubt in my mind that 2016 Season would look like the past x number of years.

We (UGA) have two 5* players at this point. Ole Miss has three 5* players at this time.

Anyone that believes we will totally turn our program around in one year, just explains what Jim McElwain just went through. Gators had several really good football players. Gators also had a coach that arrived in Gainesville, Florida that got the “most” out of what Muschamp left. When facing off with Alabama . . . .

I do not believe that we will go through some of the same “things” we have gone through for the past x number of years.

This is what I hold true. Coach Smart hired offensive coaches that understand what it takes to get us back on track. A track that has been lost since . . . .

I have hopes, I do not have unexpected hopes such as has been the case with the AJC and others that build the fan base up, only to “back track”.

Georgia under these coaches are going to go back to “winning the wars” on the offensive and defensive lines. Coach Smart understands both sides of the ball. Comes from being around “professionals”.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg, Wartdawg, yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, SouthernDawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 2 months ago #72681 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Time is Needed
The only thing that is unfortunate about our change was that it came a bit late, and it gave Florida and a school like Ole Miss' time to catch back up and even surpass us.

.... and pass us they did. While we were winning our 9 games and going to Belk bowl, Florida made change and Ole Miss built themselves into a solid SEC contender.

Better late than never though....

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg, growl

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #72682 by SouthernDawg
Replied by SouthernDawg on topic Time is Needed
Can't argue with anything you wrote Buc. Very true. All of it.

I've said for years that our culture was rotten. No need to re-hash that truth here. The culture that was built has to be torn out, swept clean, and re-built. Much like a business goes into an old office, guts it, and re-builds it to reflect their image moving in. That takes time.

With the positive changes we've already seen in the 2.5 short weeks Kirby has been on the job full time, I have no doubt that all the required changes have been identified and are being planned out. We're already seeing that in the recruits who were basically let go and the ones who are being courted are reflective of the changes we all knew needed to be made in the trenches.

I do not expect a national championship in year one, and I don't think anyone who is reasonable expects such things. But I damn sure expect them to play like they want one, and I'm sure they will under Kirby.

Yes, time is needed. Time will be given. The foundations are being dug right now and pouring will commence shortly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, Wartdawg

More
8 years 2 months ago #72683 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Time is Needed
If you're not moving forward, you're heading backwards because you can bet your --- that other teams are....

It's just a fact, and we all know we had stagnated. Not something recent either.

Can't wait for that spring game.... one thing is for sure and that is that complacency is dead.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 2 months ago #72684 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Time is Needed!!!
Agreed!.....We must all be mindful of what Kirby inherited, the program, the players, the Country Club psyche'. It will take time to root out the bad and build upon the good. We likely will not see anything similar to what McElwain experienced in CKS's first season.....As Kirby took control of a dumpster fire! Likewise, the apologists and sympathizers of the past will immediately beat the drums of discontent upon our first loss next season.....and folks, we are gonna drop a few in 2016! There were/are MANY programs that rose up in contention while we satiated ourselves with mediocrity. The road ahead, while VERY promising, will be difficult at times...

It's the Long Run!.....RIP Glenn!!!

GO DAWGS!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, SouthernDawg

More
8 years 2 months ago #72685 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Time is Needed!!!
Reading the posts by members on this board, in this thread and others, everyone remains true to exactly what they have posted prior.

Georgia Football is more than what many on the outside have come to accept.

Not a time for me to second guess the hiring of a new head coach and those that he selects to help him along the way.

Thoroughly going through the backgrounds of those that are on board with Kirby Smart, don't see any cracks in the wall.

Down this way, one would think that all of the "U" problems are over with their new hire. Can't say anything bad about the fans that are excited about the change in the program. They are not any different than you and I, they want and needed change. South Florida is a hot bed when it comes to talent. My thoughts are this . . . . Georgia for 15 years was loaded with talent, talent was not lacking by those wearing the Red and Black, it was squarely on the lack of leadership or . . . . lack of coaching talent.

Good reads, all.

Go Dawgs
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, SouthernDawg

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.073 seconds