Forum

Game day UGA/GA SOUTHERN EAGLES

8 years 4 months ago #71016 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Game day UGA/GA SOUTHERN EAGLES
A lot of Alabama people are afraid that one day Saban might leave for the NFL.
Why?
Because his only failure was the NFL and he hates failure. Wants to prove to himself he can succeed at the professional level.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 4 months ago #71017 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game day UGA/GA SOUTHERN EAGLES

Wartdawg wrote: People are so concerned about what would happen without Richt, and keep wetting themselves about unknowns like Kirby.

None of us can guarantee what Kirby might be able to do...'or NOT do, but here's the thing we can guarantee: We can guarantee that we've seen Mark Richt's ceiling. Absolutely we know what he has to offer. We've been witness to it for many years now.

I can't promise anyone that Kirby would do better, but does anyone really think he couldn't do at least the same? ... and since you don't know his ceiling, isn't it worth making the move when the worst would probably be about the same as things are now?

I know my answer.

People are so concerned about what would happen without Richt, and keep wetting themselves about unknowns like Kirby.

Unknown to whom?

Those is the know, know who Kirby Smart is.

Those that follow SEC football and know, that would be recruiting, the "base building" of great football teams.

Simple question . . . . Why is Kirby Smart still on Nick Saban's staff? "Helps" build great football teams.

Someone that understands offensive and defensive linemen that build the "core" of "contending" teams year after year.

If you did not play the game after high school, how would you "know" how important the offensive and defensive linemen are to a successful football team? Keep flying to Washington and Dallas and any other destination, totally disregard what you tried to cover up with the "squirrel dinner" in North Georgia.

Public Relations Group will try and answer that at some point.

Please leave.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 4 months ago #71019 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game day UGA/GA SOUTHERN EAGLES
Unknown commodity as a HC. Yes we all know who he is, but many coordinators don't translate to head coaches. Also....

Unknown to THEM, Buc

Because apparently they have more faith in hanging on to Richt than they do giving him a chance.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 4 months ago #71020 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game day UGA/GA SOUTHERN EAGLES

averagedawg wrote: A lot of Alabama people are afraid that one day Saban might leave for the NFL.
Why?
Because his only failure was the NFL and he hates failure. Wants to prove to himself he can succeed at the professional level.

averagedawg, not telling you anything . . . . Cleveland Browns would dump their entire staff, both coaches and front office if Nick Saban would take over. FACT.

Ownership of the Browns have never cut off their relationship, which is extremely close with Saban.

If I were forced to place a wager on Saban, it would be he would take over the Cleveland Browns. Remember this . . . . Saban while in Miami beat Belichick and the Patriots. How many haters of "Satan" can put something out better than . . . . "Satan"?

Same ones that dislike the fact that "Satan" just kicked our ass again, did not break a sweat. Want to play "Satan" with Jacob Eason, as a freshman . . . . really? Richt/Schottenheimer would have the answer(s) right?

Who is coming in on the offensive line that is going to be "all that"? Just asking. Good thing for Mark Richt, Head Coach of the Georgia Bulldogs that Jacob Eason does not have to operate behind an offensive line that is losing whatever is supposedly "good" this year.

Sooner or later, "real" fans will look at what is not good in Athens and work to improve offensive and defensive lines. Things that Mark Richt has zero understanding about. Tell me if I am wrong.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sadlerdawg, averagedawg

More
8 years 4 months ago #71026 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic Game day UGA/GA SOUTHERN EAGLES

averagedawg wrote: A lot of Alabama people are afraid that one day Saban might leave for the NFL.
Why?

Kirby has been hanging around BAMA for a while now......hmmmmm.

Suppose BAMA goes on to win the NC this year.....will Saban now head back to the NFL and Kirby takes over at BAMA?

Could that have been Saban's plan all along.....behind closed doors??

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 4 months ago #71067 by Getdown11
Replied by Getdown11 on topic Game day UGA/GA SOUTHERN EAGLES
I think we would all love to have Smart here. Unfortunately I think that door is about to be slammed shut.

www.saturdaydownsouth.com/south-carolina...-south-carolina-job/

Go Dawgs!!!!

More
Time to create page: 0.095 seconds