Forum

From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11

8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70937 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Buc as you and Steve as well as others have correctly pointed out.

Money drives Georgia football.... And... The quest for more.....

As you also noted time to turn the page......

However, Removing MR is not going to fix the money

Mindset.....new coach will fall in step and learn the drill

If he is able to win big games that's a bonus for the fans

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70938 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Great post yd1.....totally agree.

While I too think when need change at the top, sometimes we all get a little too over the top about things in life. Negative speculation can and will raise its head....and can be magnified at times.

Imo, whether a PR stunt or not with CMR taking pics with JE, in my mind it was also a good move on his part because it keeps "subtle" pressure on the kid/parents for JE to keep his commitment to UGA and that one trip may just solidify 2-4 more quality recruits to come to Athens.

Trip well taken imo.....object may have been more than just JE.

Night game tomorrow yd1, cool outside, how about a little Grand Marnier for you sir?

Everyone have a great weekend.

PVBDAWG
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70939 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
One thought I carry with me.

The media at the beginning of 2015 Season, almost 100% of the media had Georgia ranked in the top ten in College's D1 Division.

The media also played it up big time until . . . . until Alabama came to Athens with their proven head coach and assistants. At that point the media began to "stutter".

All would be repaired and back on track in Knoxville. Yeah buddy!

One last shot, the gators. Media went from being "all knowing" to "making excuses".

Someone please explain to me how it is we had as many if not more athletes wearing the Red and Black than those we were lining up against.

Blame the player, hell no.

So, where does that lead us?

Jeremy Foley, Athletic Director released a head coach that many think is one of the best defensive coaches in D1 football. Gus said the absolute best.

Greg McGarity, Athletic Director got his feathers ruffled and caused the head coach some problems. Big Dawgs stepped in and McGarity became noticeably silent.

Recently Fran Tarkenton spoke out, as he often does and said Mark Richt should remain as head coach. Not that far back Fran Tarkenton wanted Mark Richt released. Amazing what some will do with their money if it gets their name prominently displayed on the Indoor Practice Facility. Look at me.

After 15 years of this, hard for some of us to move on and have nothing to look forward to.

A reminder . . . . Young high school quarterback from Dallas, Texas area, Matthew Stafford. First player chosen in the NFL Draft when he became eligible. Win any championships with Matthew Stafford while in Athens? Why was that? MS had great talent. AM had great talent. Think I know the real answer, as many of you folks do.

So, here we go again with the great high school quarterback from Washington. What has changed? Assistants have left since Stafford and AM played . . . . maybe a new head coach with on field leadership abilities is the answer. Think so? The real problem seems to point in that direction.

Remembering this . . . . The National Championship ring that Mark Richt has was won under Bobby Bowden. MR was an assistant. Someone that VD wanted badly.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70940 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
I betcha Loser names a starting QB after the G-Day game in 2016 . . . :angry:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #70941 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Eason is not some magic potion cure to what ails us.
The only cure is a new head coach with a strong work ethic and a hands on approach to coaching.
If we had a winner as hc, the "money" would fall in line.
You cannot fight success.
I am sick of Richt kissing Eason's ass.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sadlerdawg, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70942 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 11
Fran Tarkenton attended the University of Georgia, where he was the quarterback on the Bulldog football team. He led Georgia to the 1959 Southeastern Conference championship under Coach Wally Butts.

Hey Fran, you are one of my heroes. You did a 180 on MR and now support him. I have to ask... How was coaching done when you played for Wally Butts?

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

Time to create page: 0.031 seconds