Forum

Lesson Learned "and" Applied By Saban Pupil

8 years 5 months ago #70925 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic Lesson Learned "and" Applied By Saban Pupil
Buc, as usual you are spot on. Kirby is a fading dream.

We are in the "Bobby Bowden decline." Problem is, CMR is a lot younger. He could hang on a lot longer. We have missed our window of opportunity to jump into dominance in the East. In a few years, we'll be lucky to win 8 games. At least, from CMR's point of vew, he has that time to "recalibrate" expectations.

For some crazy reason, my expectations remain the same. We should have been competitive with 'bama, should have beat TN and FL. We were lucky to beat Auburn, and if CJP leaves, we'll be in mediocre world that much faster. At his point, I'd risk keeping him as the head coach and taking the risk on the O side of the ball. I can't see any downside.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, averagedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70926 by Buc

rockdawg wrote: Buc, as usual you are spot on. Kirby is a fading dream.

We are in the "Bobby Bowden decline." Problem is, CMR is a lot younger. He could hang on a lot longer. We have missed our window of opportunity to jump into dominance in the East. In a few years, we'll be lucky to win 8 games. At least, from CMR's point of vew, he has that time to "recalibrate" expectations.

For some crazy reason, my expectations remain the same. We should have been competitive with 'bama, should have beat TN and FL. We were lucky to beat Auburn, and if CJP leaves, we'll be in mediocre world that much faster. At his point, I'd risk keeping him as the head coach and taking the risk on the O side of the ball. I can't see any downside.

rockdawg as usual you are "rock solid". Not really meant to be pun, Dawgs.com and those of us that support this board know what you mean to this site.

wlayton, what you said in post #5 is taken seriously by me. The young men that are on the team that "Erk built" will play their backsides off. Not a doubt in my mind. The Eagles have taken what the "media" thinks are scraps and have done wonders for the City of Statesboro, and quite frankly the State of Georgia.

Erk is remembered for his talent and caring for young men, greenbacks was not his reason for starting the program in Statesboro. Starting a program that did not have SEC Network backing, aka, you know.

Being a person that was born in South Georgia, I appreciate those like Erk that remind me a lot of Saban. I said that. Erk was all about detail.

EDIT: rockdawg I appreciate the knowledge you present with this in your post #6. You are also "spot on". Been around and watched the entire Bobby Bowden/Mark Richt connection, from beginning to where it is now. Good truthful post.

We are in the "Bobby Bowden decline." Problem is, CMR is a lot younger. He could hang on a lot longer. We have missed our window of opportunity to jump into dominance in the East. In a few years, we'll be lucky to win 8 games. At least, from CMR's point of view, he has that time to "recalibrate" expectations.

EDIT #2: I believe that Pruitt/Rocker and Company have some of the same "stuff" that Erk brought to the UGA Campus. Yes, I believe that.

Afraid that Mark Richt and the higher ups will "destroy" another qualified group of coaches. History of the GROUP in Athens way the heck before Mark Richt arrived. All about the money.
Attachments:

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70927 by Buc
Have followed AJC "UGA College Football Beat Writers" closely this 2015 Season.

Read "everything" that those employed at the AJC have had to say.

Allow me this.

When Seth Emerson first arrived from South Carolina to take over the duties that David Hale left behind, first couple of months thought . . . . we have someone that will "bring it".

Go a step further. After reading what Seth had to say in the Macon Telegraph for a couple of months, decided he was going to be straight forward. Sent Seth an email, said to Seth that I really appreciated his "open" talk concerning football in Athens. Seth came back and acknowledged my email.

Moving back to David Hale. Without a doubt, David Hale was/is a straight shooter. If for some reason it got a bit cloudy, Hale would say, bring the umbrella.

From where I sit, that is something that those privy to space on the UGA Campus have become totally self serving. Some on this board understand when "Pouty" is mentioned. Seems now with the restructuring on the AJC and other media outlets, it has gotten worse.

Having praised Seth while at the Macon Telegraph, have taken the time to look closer at the overall work since being hired by Cox.

There is a new hire by the AJC. I listen to a lot of his podcasts, still feeling my way through the overall content.

Below is the latest presentation, if you have not listened, give it a try, at least until the 24:30 minute mark. Agree? If so, with what? Seth Emerson ends around the 24:30 minute mark and does not take up all of the time prior to that.

Brandon Adams is the person that I refer to above. Much better on the microphone than Pouty or Seth. Not silent, asks questions surrounding the UGA program. Not obnoxious, hope he remains with an "open mike" that is not self serving.

itun.es/us/mN-T9.c

or this

www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation-d...as-a-warning-for-uga

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70930 by Buc

• Buc