Forum

MONDAY . . . . Questions????

8 years 5 months ago #70898 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????

Wartdawg wrote: My advice would be to go for it, and do it now. There's no since in having that dream taken away from you because you tear your knee up again getting 3 carries in mop-up duty for Mark Richt against Nicholls State next season.

This^1000

If I had been advising Gurley, I would have told him not to come back after his suspension. Thank his teammates and the fans and get ready for the combine.
Didn't work out too well for him in the short run, but luckily he survived.

The fact that he DID come back speaks to him being a great teammate and a DGD. Maybe I wouldn't have been. :silly:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70899 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
Absolutely - go for it, KM!

You'll only get one shot - take it. Your knees won't be any good in 30 years either way - take it from me on that, and I never even blew mine out. That degree is your safety net.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70900 by thriller
Replied by thriller on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
The following user(s) said Thank You: dawgs_fans_dad

More
8 years 5 months ago #70902 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
The chatter from Tuscaloosa is that Kirby will take a hc job somewhere and Saban will probably hire Pruett.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70903 by wlayton
Replied by wlayton on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????

Wartdawg wrote: The young man has been playing football all his life and has probably dreamed of being an NFL player since he was 6 years old.

People that play sports at a high level don't just give up dreams like that if they still think they can do it.

My advice would be to go for it, and do it now. There's no since in having that dream taken away from you because you tear your knee up again getting 3 carries in mop-up duty for Mark Richt against Nicholls State next season.

He was a 5 star recruit out of high school, and if he's healthy there's no reason not to go for it. If he's healthy there is no reason to not see him making it, and if he's not at least he gave it a try and not live the rest of his life wondering "if". We will never know if he was back to 100%... didn't get a chance to show us here.

(and NO, I do not believe that Richt not giving him a chance to prove it means he wasn't back to 100%. MR has questionable motives with some of his personnel decisions)

Don't know about his minimal play in prior games but didn't play last week because he hurt his ankle in the UK game.

PVBDAWG

More
8 years 5 months ago #70904 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic MONDAY . . . . Questions????
I'm talking about the prior games mainly.

It's pretty obvious he was 4th on the depth chart before the Chubb injury, and just wasn't going to get any significant PT here even after Nick went down.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton

More
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds