Forum

Game Day/UGA-Auburn

8 years 5 months ago #70840 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn
Richt isn't gong anywhere.
His happiness over winning is probably more about keeping his paycheck than beating Auburn.
Other than the rivalry aspect, an irrelevant win between two irrelevant teams.

There is Alabama and everyone else.
Control the line of scrimmage. Very simple.
For a team that was supposed to have question marks, well, great coaches coach 'em up.
Kirby will be as good a head coach as Saban.
I truly believe that.

One more thing.
When Richt said he started Bauta to see if we could keep a secret, he is either an idiot or a Damn liar.
I think he's a Damn liar covering his ass.
He is no idiot.
But he is an incompetent, irrelevant semblance of a coach who will not give up his paycheck.

Resign coach.
Prove me wrong.
Let Georgia Football become relevant again.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70841 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn
So the brain trust at Auburn (Jacobs the money man) fired Gene Chizik and brought in Gus Malzahn. Jacobs and the Auburn faithful had thoughts Gus would bring his "genius" back to Auburn again, hence . . . . Head Coach. Without Cam Newton and some very good, ill tempered defensive linemen.

If we stop and take a quick look . . . . Gus as offensive coordinator had Cam Newton. If Mark Richt understood how to "properly evaluate football talent", Cam was and is a quarterback not a tight end. Could probably play the position well, but chose not to. Seems he was right, both (monetarily) and NFL future "continuing" to make the jack. Not being ugly, Cam's Father admitted to the money issue. Lots of preachers and good men also like money. :whistle:

Auburn had Chizik, head coach, defensive minded head coach. Tracy Rocker actually controlling what needed to be done on his side of the ball.

Have mentioned on Dawgs.com that some athletic directors seem to think that they have to have offensive minds to win football games. Such has been the case in Athens for too long.

Want to win games in the SEC? Check what really good defenses do to really good offenses. Comparison . . . . check Alabama/Mississippi State yesterday.

I am a great believer in solid defense along with a serious offensive line. In my mind the combination of the two win games in the SEC.

At this point we have a former defensive coordinator who learned a lot under Nick Saban. He hired Rocker soon after taking the job in Athens. Recently have read where some think it is time for Pruitt/Rocker and Company who are not up to snuff to maybe take a hike. That would be those that remain on the Mark Richt "Bandwagon".

Fancy hires are usually just that . . . . fancy hires. Puts money in the vault. Don't need to say much more on that subject.

Defense looked much better against Auburn after the first touchdown. Offensively, read where Richt stepped up and called plays on the offensive side. Check the score, check the stats, have to agree without knowing . . . . Richt involved in play calling.

Defense wins football games in the SEC. Been that way forever. Mark Richt, punting is a defensive effort, most of the time. Head coaches like Nick Saban and a few others got the message a long time back.

espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/86610/unc...er-under-gene-chizik
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70842 by averagedawg
Yeah Buc,
For all the talk about offenses, Saban and Smart have shown it is still the defense.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70843 by averagedawg
Good thing to see the QB take off and run a little bit. Thought we had forgotten how to do that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #70844 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn

averagedawg wrote: Good thing to see the QB take off and run a little bit. Thought we had forgotten how to do that.

Came out of my seat when I saw that. Lambert did not look bad running the football. Richt and Bobo did not allow that with AM, damn near got him killed in Auburn, Alabama.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70845 by averagedawg
Many might have seen that Richt is in Washington state today visiting Eason.
Clearly a big f$$k you to those who want him gone.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ReservoirDawg

More
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds