Forum

Game Day/UGA-Auburn

8 years 5 months ago #70832 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn
Am I the only one that noticed that when Reggie Davis had yet another fumble. It seemed that the ball was already coming out before he got walloped on the kickoff?

If I were HC, Davis would NEVER see the field ever again unless it were clean up duty. :angry:

DM<

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70833 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn

Wartdawg wrote: For those unable to watch...

UGA saved by a face mask penalty after another horrible call and loss of yardage on 3rd and 1.

A few plays later, McKenzie able to take it in on a speed sweep.

TD for UGA

10-10

On the speed sweep I texted my son, "Good play call."

He tested back, "That's one."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #70834 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn
Our bad team beat theirs.

After what happen the last time we played them at their

Place......happy for our seniors

Defense was laying the wood all game....good to see

One last game between the hedges....savor...

Thoughts of what might have been.....

Gus bus will need to be towed to the Iron Bowl

Still nice to beat Chipmunk anytime

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 5 months ago #70835 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn
DFD my dad had a saying....

Even A blind squirrel finds a nut sometimes.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70836 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn
Many players shuffled in and out on the defensive side. Saw a couple of adjustments that Pruitt and Company made at halftime that seemed to get into Malzahn and Company's head.

Mention the above because halftime adjustments were rarely seen on either the offense or defense in previous years. Not just simple adjustments, adjustments that were effective, period.

The win against Auburn seals the deal for the head coach to remain in Athens. If Auburn had won, still believe those in power would have remained in the same lane.

Have read some remarks about Pruitt/Rocker and Company that were less than complimentary. Can't blame folks for that, we type what we think we see as individuals. Sometimes this system works.

This is the best group of defensive coaches that I have seen in Athens, ever. Remember I said group.

One coach that recently came on board should be getting a huge amount of credit. Mark Hocke, another of those that practiced coaching in Alabama. Game against Auburn proved that his way of training the troops works. Did not see the guys sucking air.

Extremely glad that Hocke moved to Athens, it will only get better as it does in service boot camps. Young folks come in and the older units chuckle a bit watching them trying to learn to march or do any of the drills required. They however get better, at that point they can mix with the more senior groups.

It is very important that Mark Richt stays out of the way. Truthfully he has been the disruption once the recruits come on board.

Know that I mentioned this sometime back.

The Athletic Director at Missouri has suggested that Gary Pinkel remain with the university, helping in areas other than the football field. Has been said by many that Richt is a good recruiter. I suggest again, if he is going to remain in Athens, use the plan above for him. Our head coach is not "playground sound". Proven over 15 years. He apparently is good in the living rooms . . . . that is his talent, use it as it should be used, properly.

Goose especially happy for you. Those of us down this way (Florida) got it handed to us . . . . again. Understanding football a little bit, Jim McElwain is head and shoulders above Mark Richt. McElwain is another of those that spent time in Tuscaloosa. Seems to be a pattern, eh.

Go Dawgs, players and some coaches have my respect for what was accomplished in Auburn, Alabama on 11/14/2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, averagedawg

More
8 years 5 months ago #70837 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Game Day/UGA-Auburn
Went to the Auburn site listed below.

Some interesting stats.

Has been said here before . . . . teams around the SEC have caught on to Gus Malzahn. His slight of hand worked once upon a time, not nearly as much these days.

Barber brings out some very good points on why Gus decided to give up the running game for the passing game, such as it was.

I get pleasure winning against muschamp. Many of you on this board were not privy to the things he was saying about Georgia, all over the State of Florida when he became head coach of the gators.

Still believe that Malzahn and muschamp will knock heads before too long. Know that discontent is building against Gus Malzahn in Auburn football circles.

Bet this . . . . those in control of Auburn football will not hesitate to release Gus. Much different than the way hiring and firing is considered in Athens.

www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015...against_georgia.html

More
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds