Forum

From Athens-Game Day Friday # 10

8 years 5 months ago #70765 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Game Day Friday # 10 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Sunshine arrived in the Classic City on Wednesday….finally….

Game day Friday # 10……Assburn….another Urange team……

Yes we are…..0-2 against the much disliked teams who wear urange this season….. be nice to avoid a sweep………please….

Again we have better talent comes once again to that coaching thingee…. Really don’t think getting us motivated will be an issue….
CJP and CTR have a good amount of interest in beating Gus and …. The Chipmunk….. time is here to rise up and get it done….

From back of the food truck…… this time last week the hills were alive with the sounds of discontent…… heads were cranking out all kinds to drool and social media was glowing fire read with inside information….

Week later……nothing….. like it didn’t happen…… HC says CJP isn’t going anywere…..it was all a family fussie that will get handled internally…..

Not too sure that we have heard the last of this dust up that didn’t happen….

Our board has been focused on the replacement of our HC …..based on performance issues after 15 years of subpar effort….and results
I was happy to see that we were able to separate the HC from the man and deal with MR’s coaching and not who he is as a man…. IMO as it needs to be….

I think we are in agreement that if it comes to the selection of a new HC the choice will not be Scrooge’s to make….. more than likely it will be above the Prez also….

Here is where the wicket gets sticky for me…… we are looking at the same people who have kept MR here for 15 years now to step up and make a intelligent selection for a new HC…… they will look for one who is 90% like MR when it comes to representing the university along with ample cash flow skills and recruiting ….but can win SECG and compete for the NC……

To me this is exactly the reason MR has remained HC for 15 years…. in the past the row just kicks the can down the road for another year……

This dance the noise has come from new and different places……and at a higher volume…..

There is a risk with any new investment…..no different selecting a HC…..

Time has come to turn the page……

Coaching issues will or won’t work themselves out….time to focus on the players….. now go beat Gus and his flunky DC….did I tell you how I dislike urange…. A lot….War Eagle….Tigers…. Plainsmen beat them all please….

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, DAWGtm, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70766 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 10
Good one. Thanks. Here is what I have been saying...too...

YD1:" they will look for one who is 90% like MR when it comes to representing the university along with ample cash flow skills and recruiting "

If M&M is as deep into the program as it appears then the next HC will be chosen by M&M.... The skills will be much different. Something like MR version 2.

Lord I hope not. This is our beloved Dawgs we are talking about. Sacred ground.

Go Dawgs!!! Ass Burn time.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1

8 years 5 months ago #70769 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 10
Good read yankeedawg1.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 5 months ago #70773 by Buc
Reading yd1's BPS again, not sure if this fits, just another thought(s) that pass through my mind, often.

Greyson Lambert coming out of high school was a player that our head coach wanted in Athens. Remembering that our head coach is "supposedly" a quarterback guru. Lambert chose Virginia. How did that work out?

Many of those that follow the UGA program were wondering why we had to step outside of our existing program and woo Lambert to Athens.

Started off to be a great move, playing teams that would allow Lambert, our head coach and offensive coordinator to look like this . . . . "See fans we know what we are doing"? Then came competition, real competition. So I guess the question now is . . . . How did our quarterback guru(s) fare with their decision? Think that our head coach makes the final decision on players, right?

growl said in another thread on this board that he along with many of us had a hard time figuring out the Lambert/Ramsey/Bauta decisions. Decisions made by two folks that played quarterback in college . . . . from the bench I must add.

yankeedawg1 said . . . .

I think we are in agreement that if it comes to the selection of a new HC the choice will not be Scrooge’s to make….. more than likely it will be above the Prez also….

That says to me that Mahogany Row (term used by many elsewhere, started on Dawgs.com). Fact. Vault numbers matter more than anything else. Easy enough to see that many have said a few curse words, but have returned to the Mahogany Row camp. Actually, they never left, goes like this, one time (telling the truth) and then hiding behind their keyboards.

Stop with this. If what some are saying to me about the current state of affairs concerning coaching in Athens, the truth is yet to come out. At this point, our head coach making over 4 million dollars a year for the way he has ran the program for 15 years, might suit some, but many outside the "Arena" are speaking loudly. Wonder what will be said if Auburn wins tomorrow. Tomorrow's game that starts at 12 noon . . . . not later on when the "successful" SEC teams put the pads on.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70774 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 10
It fits Buc..... Ranked third in college football revenue

Makes us winners in someone's mind

Georgia...where winning football games is optional.....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, growl

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 5 months ago #70775 by Buc

yankeedawg1 wrote: It fits Buc..... Ranked third in college football revenue

Makes us winners in someone's mind

Georgia...where winning football games is optional.....

Go Dawgs

yd1, nothing changes if those that understand and believe "rolling over" as many do, is the answer.

If a tire goes flat, don't know how to set the jack, or take the lug nuts off . . . . tire remains flat . . . . until someone comes along that knows how to change the flat.

The spare is readily available, getting it on the car requires an understanding and recognizing that it can be done.

Wilddawg, eh . . . . coming from a pro-style offensive minded head coach. Appears that our head coach does not understand what was said above. Sorry, not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

More
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds