Forum

Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .

8 years 5 months ago #70700 by Wartdawg
James, Chapter 1, verse 27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I belong to a church that devotes itself to the care and welfare of orphans, and this past week was "Orphan Sunday" - a service completely dedicated to the subject (although we mention it as once of our core endeavors almost every week)

Mark Richt is a fine man, and that is a wonderful story that I've heard before. I certainly wish more people could do as much as Mark Richt has in this area.

My comments about Richt and my feelings about him as our coach are removed from anything about Mark Richt off the field.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller, wlayton, DAWGtm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #70701 by thriller

Wartdawg wrote: James, Chapter 1, verse 27

Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I belong to a church that devotes itself to the care and welfare of orphans, and this past week was "Orphan Sunday" - a service completely dedicated to the subject (although we mention it as once of our core endeavors almost every week)

Mark Richt is a fine man, and that is a wonderful story that I've heard before. I certainly wish more people could do as much as Mark Richt has in this area.

My comments about Richt and my feelings about him as our coach are removed from anything about Mark Richt off the field.

I completely agree. His value to society is tremendous, no doubt. As a Christian myself, I admire his character and I'm glad to see that he brings credit to Christianity through his words and actions. Like Wartdawg, what I say about his work as a coach has NOTHING to do with his value as a person.
The following user(s) said Thank You: wlayton, DAWGtm

More
8 years 5 months ago #70702 by DAWGtm
Being a Christian myself by the fruit Mark Richt produces shows that he is a good man on the same token what he produces on the field as a coach not so much. Not questioning the man just his ability to coach SEC football.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago #70704 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic Monday: Auburn Game Week -- Muschamp Again . . . .
Judge not that you be judged.

Having said that, Richt sucks as HC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #70712 by growl
I'm sure that there are mighty good people out there that are great with others but might be really bad Dentist. Are you going to keep using them when they screw yor teeth up, or are you going to find somebody to straighten out the mess they made? Think I know the answer.

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day

More
8 years 5 months ago #70715 by Buc

growl wrote: I'm sure that there are mighty good people out there that are great with others but might be really bad Dentist. Are you going to keep using them when they screw yor teeth up, or are you going to find somebody to straighten out the mess they made? Think I know the answer.

Yep.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds