Forum

From Athens-Game Day Friday # 6

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69624 by yankeedawg1
From Athens-Game Day Friday # 6 was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Been an interesting week in Athens and here on our piece of cyberspace….Those that have followed the BPS know that I have posted about the subject of passion. We saw plenty of examples posted here and elsewhere this week regarding our HC…..many good points made and expanded. It is what makes the board what it is…the best…

Steve thanks for pulling everyone back on track……

Excellent to see some of the old players post their thoughts…truly enjoyed hearing your input….

Game day Friday #6….Road trip to Knox Vegas….

Back on CBS again…… Heads talking up must wins for both teams…..

Yes but for vastly different reasons… As I posted early I have a strong dislike of the color urange…..UT has not been the same since they ran Phat Phil off…. UT is one of the SEC teams the heads had a bad case of the goosies at the start of the season…..UT has invented new ways to crash and burn in the fourth quarter….. I don’t see that happening this weeks for several reasons…..first and foremost they won’t have a double digit lead…… to blow…..

Nuts and Bolts…… I think we will get back on track…. UT is not close to the talent of Bama…..we win and I don’t see it being a three point game… “O” finds TE and we will screen to RB’s with success….

NC and SM will chew up yards….as UT’s front 7 is not close to Bama’s in size or talent…. Bitter sweet return for KM….love to see him blow up and beast the urange…..prayers for everyone avoiding serious injury playing in this sandbox….has to be the worst field in D1 football…

From the back of the food truck…… Some feel that our loss to Bama will affect our recruiting …. I tend to agree with those who have voiced that it won’t…. as long as our assistant coaching staff remains I think they will get better….Bmac…..CTBrown and the Bama gang will continue to attract quality recruits to our program…..for every Bama win there is loss like Ole Miss….don’t hear that loss is having a negative effect on CHF’s recruiting…… yes…..more will be know at season’s end and on NSD.

What is the world coming to???

The Cubs playing in October??? Playoff baseball at Wrigley……

Pause and give thanks- thoughts and prayers for the folks who are dealing with the floods…..

Have a great weekend and a safe week

As always “Go Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, wlayton

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69633 by rockdawg
Replied by rockdawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 6
At the beginning of the year, a loss to UT would have been "respectable" because the talking heads were picking them to upend the East. Well, we see how that turned out. They make Vandy look good. At this point, losing to a team who has consistently choked like they have would make this even more embarrassing that 'bama.

If we do not dominate, the gators will be forgetting how close they were to losing and be licking their chops for Jacksonville.

In the past, Richt has proven that he can bounce back from embarrassing defeats. He just never seems to realize that he causes 90% (let's be nice) of the embarrassment in the first place!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago #69634 by growl
Replied by growl on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 6
My folks in gator country tell me they are already licking their chops, man I hate gators. GO DAWGS!!!!!!

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 6 months ago #69635 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 6
yankeedawg1, concerned a great deal with the floods in South Carolina.

I can put my football feelings behind me and focus on the misery that folks in the Palmetto State are going through. Have witnessed some brave folks and many acts of courage. Watching the weather reports, hope that South Carolina does not have any more rain, there are many dams that are close to breaking and causing more misery.

Has to be disheartening traveling to play LSU on their home field. Hope the game is injury free.
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg, yankeedawg1, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69636 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 6
Does not take long to focus on the truly important things

In life. Another great thing about those on this board

We get it !!!!

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: averagedawg

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 6 months ago #69637 by averagedawg
Replied by averagedawg on topic From Athens-Game Day Friday # 6
Having leased my homes in Nashville and moved full time to Fannin County, Ga,
Damned if the vol fans here aren'the the same.

Beat em down, shut em up.
Demoralize the tn fanbase.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds