Forum

Faton Bauta

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69570 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Faton Bauta
Don't take this the wrong way folks. I live among the gators, but I am ever watchful as to what is going in. I belong to some circles in Florida that love football and are quick to respond to the positive.

Muschamp left a sour taste in the mouth of gator fans, have never heard as many "cheers" as the day he was fired.

Said soon after McElwain was hired and on the recruiting trail that he was turning heads. Guess at this point, he has taken a washed up group of players that Muschamp could not get to play (except against Georgia) and is now rated higher than our team that was/is loaded with talent with a long time head coach. Only speaking the truth.

Might want to read the article below, much information. Information that the coaches in Athens had better pay attention to. We have a NFL offensive coordinator, gators have a coach that tutored under Nick Saban, or at least spent time in Tuscaloosa.

What I am trying to say is this . . . . we have talented players, what about the coaches?

Allow me this . . . . their quarterback is "real".

247sports.com/Article/Prolific-offense-c...xpected-too-40023611

Edit . . . . This young man lives just across the Indian River from me. Watching him, he is special.

247sports.com/Player/Chauncey-Gardner-25770

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69571 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Faton Bauta
Buc, Grier is the real deal in my mind no doubt about it! I was all over him and Park in HS so much so that my wife once told me and I'm quoting her here, "Babe can you get off of Park and Grier's nut's". Grier is going to get better each and every week which sucks because we have to face him Oct 31'st.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69572 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Faton Bauta

sflanagan21 wrote: Buc, Grier is the real deal in my mind no doubt about it! I was all over him and Park in HS so much so that my wife once told me and I'm quoting her here, "Babe can you get off of Park and Grier's nut's". Grier is going to get better each and every week which sucks because we have to face him Oct 31'st.

Really enjoying your posts . . . .

All of us go through some things on this board, but when it comes down to everyday, every play and knowledge, there is a lot here, especially when I read some other sites. There are some good sites, but not real crazy about the "stooped stuff" that is posted.

OK, back to Grier. McElwain will encourage him to move his "feet" in the pocket or . . . . take off. Great arm, totally ready to play under a coordinator and head coach that will not "restrict him" to the "pocket". AM brought the "ire" of Bobo and Richt because he wanted to move as the starting quarterback.

Have to say this. Looking over our list of quarterbacks for the past 15 years, the one that set records in the SEC, D1 Football was AM. AM went to two different camps to "improve" his quarterback play.

I hate seeing grown men "pout", and that happened when AM returned to Athens after the quarterback camps he attended. Young man was doing nothing more than trying to help the "TEAM" get better. There is a message there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
8 years 6 months ago #69574 by sflanagan21
Buc you just said a mouthful my man! Grier is everything he is displaying and then some. The "then some" is the mental game that the kid has. He is NOT afraid to fail and like Farve, Rogers, Romo, Rivers type QB's he is a "gunslinger". He oozes with confidence in himself, he is unpredictable but in a good way and he has swagger. Give me a QB like that and with the skill's Grier has and you can build a pretty nasty offense around him! We had that with Park but either no one saw it or they didn't know what to do with it. Instead we end up with... never mind.

GO DAWGS

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69575 by sflanagan21
One more thing Buc, we need to drop the mentality of trying to mold a QB to fit our system for christ sake! AM in my eyes was a very smart QB that was fast enough to extend the plays and also fast enough to tuck it and run when needed. I know this for fact that during his recruiting he was told that he was not going to be brought in to be a running QB at all and that the system in place at UGA would fit his passing style. He was discouraged to not run before he even took a single snap at UGA. AM was smart enough to see that if he wanted to improve his game then he would have to venture out of UGA. If you really want to see the improvement he received from Whitfield then watch his mechanics before and after. Some are subtle but some are astonishing!

Yeap some were butt hurt because AM felt like he had to go elsewhere to improve his game but that just goes to show that "some' are hard headed hence why Park is gone and Bauta is probably still 3rd on the depth chart.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69578 by sflanagan21
Take notice of Bailey Hockman because he is LEGIT fellows! Going to be interesting to see how things pan out with him and Eason over the next few years. Eason is legit as well no doubt about it but Hockman does some things against some pretty stout D's that make you say, holy F!

I didn't want to start a new thread so I thought I would just toss it on here...

More
Time to create page: 0.066 seconds