Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago #69630 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic What Now
I dont care about NC's. I've always said win the SEC and the NC thing will play itself out. So I don't really care that it took VD 17 years to win one.

First of all. I'll say it again; if we don't win the SEC championship this year, it will be the second longest SEC championship drought in school HISTORY.

Second, VD's UGA was not the UGA of today. We were not top 5 on putting players in the NFL and we were not generally loaded with 4 and 5 star guys. Yeah Richt gets those guys here, but he doesn't do anything with them. Dooley and his staff, got the most out of the least, not the least out of the most.

VD's teams were thought of as over-achievers most of the time and I never remember being ashamed and embarrassed every single year by UGA performances during those first 20 years of Dooley's Dawgs. Yeah we shouldn't have lost some games... shouldn't have lost to PSU and Pitt in 83 and 82, but those were heartbreakers, not heart-shaker blowouts.

I just wish people stop with defending Richt's propensity to wet the bed every year. Just wish they would say they are happy to have a 9-10 win sort of team and leave it at that.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bpatters69

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69631 by Wartdawg
" Let's be honest, Georgia was mediocre under Vince Dooley, much in the way Georgia is mediocre under CMR."

Yes, let's be honest. We are mediocre now in a completely different way than the way we were mediocre then.
;)

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69639 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now

Wartdawg wrote: " Let's be honest, Georgia was mediocre under Vince Dooley, much in the way Georgia is mediocre under CMR."

Yes, let's be honest. We are mediocre now in a completely different way than the way we were mediocre then.
;)

Wartdawg one thing that bothers me with the last 15 years is . . . .

Prior to that time, the previous head coaches and their assistants had less talent than the current head coach has had to work with. Often hear the question . . . . What would we do if Richt was released? It is cited that he is a very good recruiter. Have agreed with that to a point.

Question is . . . . What has all of this superior recruiting done in regards to winning against "top rated" football teams? Greatest talent recruited again showed up when Saban/Smart came to Athens. They understand that having top talent in one thing. Teaching and coaching that talent in different ways than apparently we do, results speak to "results".

The game in Knoxville is going to be bad news for someone when the final whistle blows.

Richt loses, won't lose his job. Jones loses, ??

More
8 years 6 months ago #69651 by Wartdawg
He is talked about being a good recruiter because he signs a lot of 4 star guys, but his recruiting is uneven. He'll sign 6 - 4 star WR's when only two can see the field at the same time, and then he'll leave us without a QB for 3 years. He recruits a lot of guys with stars by their name, but doesn't know how to recruit a consistent TEAM. We've almost always got some sort of sort of gaping hole in personnel.

Some wanted to talk about all that happened Saturday was that we got outmanned and out muscled on the line. Well if that's true, then why doesn't our "master recruiter" recruit a better line. Plus if there's a 4 or 5 star head case out there waiting to blow up, we will probably be the lucky ones to have gotten him.

Personally I'll take the gut that recruits 3-4 star guys with a complete team in mind and then gets the most out of them.

What we have is a guy that just signs lots of stars even if he doesn't have room at a position for all of them, leave some gaping holes unfulfilled, take a couple of 5 stars that for some reason Saban doesn't go after that hard, and then wow all the boosters with his star average rating.

He basically waves shiny objects in front of his fat cat supporters, but what he does doth not a team make. We've got 3 stellar RB's, but a 2nd teamer from the ACC at QB.

Some say I'm being too harsh, but I've got proof to back up my claims.

That proof is called "results".

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: bulldawg36869, growl

More
8 years 6 months ago #69652 by Wartdawg
I'm not even sure what anyone is worried about if we lose him. We what... since 2008 average about 9 wins on a 12-13 game schedule with 3 minor league opponents on it?

Dooley averaged what.. 7.5 to 8 on an 11-12 game schedule with maybe 1 real cupcake on the schedule?

I'll take my chances moving on. May turn out bad indeed... that's why it's called gambling instead of "hey come get your winnings", but I'll dare to be great instead of settling for this.

gridironnow.com/making-the-case-against-mark-richt/

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
8 years 6 months ago #69654 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now

Wartdawg wrote: I'm not even sure what anyone is worried about if we lose him. We what... since 2008 average about 9 wins on a 12-13 game schedule with 3 minor league opponents on it?

Dooley averaged what.. 7.5 to 8 on an 11-12 game schedule with maybe 1 real cupcake on the schedule?

I'll take my chances moving on. May turn out bad indeed... that's why it's called gambling instead of "hey come get your winnings", but I'll dare to be great instead of settling for this.

gridironnow.com/making-the-case-against-mark-richt/

Tony Barnhart and his "what ifs".

More
Time to create page: 0.063 seconds