Forum

What Now

8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69617 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic What Now
Thought it only fair to post this . . . . Little over a year later, wonder what the author has to say about the 2015 Season thus far.

dawnofthedawg.com/2014/11/30/calling-mar...ts-job-careful-wish/

Feel it is only fair to keep ones eyes on what is being said by "everyone".

Interesting comment from the article. Is he saying that the VD path is the path to take when at the fork in the road?

Even Georgia’s own Vince Dooley took from 1964-1980 — 17 seasons — to win a national championship.

Edit . . . . And this . . . . Buc was around when VD signed on with UGA. Went through a lot of years with him as head coach. The official parting of the ways with Buc and VD . . . . when VD decided in all of his wisdom that Erk would not be the head coach to replace him. Were you around for that, sir?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69618 by sadlerdawg
Replied by sadlerdawg on topic What Now
I got to the "national championship" excuse (of the 2nd article you just posted) and quit reading, but I can guess form the title that the author is just another pussy who's afraid to take a chance so he's ok with whatever mediocre result richt churns out.

The SMART era CONTINUES!!!!!!

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69619 by Buc
sadlerdawg, that is the common thread among those that "know" so much about football and especially UGA football history. Not talking about the history that "anyone" can dig up on the internet, history of being there and watching the outcomes first hand.

The article posted comes from over a year back. What has changed? Would love for someone from the link posted to come up on this board and have a little "conversation about history" and . . . . SEC Football. Too many of those beat writers and media folks and site owners that truly hide behind their keyboards. They can control what is said on their sites, that is why they don't enter into real football talk on a "Neutral Site".

Just giving my opinion. Seems more and more many of us that have been around for a while see the "backwash" from those that are who they are.

Edit . . . . When I read what folks like LimeyDawg and rockdawg and others have to say, makes someone like me that "chirps" a lot understand that I am not alone.

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69621 by Buc
sadlerdawg, check the site out . . . .

Take a look at those involved with the site. Serious football history with that group . . . . eh.

Many come here and say this is a good site to read and post. There are folks, board members that truly understand the game and do just that on this site.

Anyone that takes issue with that, take a good look at what is "posted on this site". There are more than a handful here that "understand" what is going on with our football team. We say what we think, keep it within reason and continue to be the best site that is not controlled by Cox and others.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69623 by Buc
Bruce Feldman calls it like it is . . . . . most of the time.

Feldman is saying things like . . . . just what the hell is Georgia doing?

Someone, even those that don't want to see Mark Richt leave Athens, please tell me why Mark Richt should remain as head coach.

Mark Richt cannot move a very talented group of young men past 8.5 wins every year over a period of time. A long time.

Are you comfortable with that?

Not looking for a internet fight, just asking a simple question.

Want to talk?

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69625 by Buc
Throw this out . . . .

Florida (gators) have hired a head coach. Last stop, Colorado State.
McElwain moved that program "forward". Any doubts that the newly hired head coach has improved the gators program?

Is there "anyone" on this board that would have bet the farm on the gators being 5-0 at this point? Be honest with yourself and the board. Would you believe 5-0 after five games for the gators?

Let's get on the same page. Georgia can run the football. Georgia cannot pass the football against "competition", real competition. First four games the press, AJC, and others tried to trick the UGA "faithful" into believing we would make any team in the SEC not wanting to play us. If Alabama had wanted to put more points on the board than they did, they would have. Don't buy that, stay away from this post.

Please tell me what needs to be done to play SEC Football.

More
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds