Game Day-UGA/bama..the day the crimson died

8 years 6 months ago #69480 by Wartdawg
Replied by Wartdawg on topic Game Day-UGA/bama..the day the crimson died

BullDawg2010 wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: Miss Friend?

As if that would make a difference?

Sorry, but no. There is only 1 coaching
change that would make a difference here

Of course, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I bring up friend bc he was a hell of an offensive line coach. And our offensive line got pushed around, it wouldn't of made a difference in the grand scheme of things, but seeing using getting beat in the trenches the way we did, was very disheartening, heck the whole game was.

You can bring up Friiend, you can bring up Erk for all it
matters. when it comes to the elite in college football UGA is a joke.
Mark Rick is a joke.
All the indoor practice facilities in the world won't change that.

When the spotlight is on us, we $h!+t our pants. Guaranteed.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69481 by BullDawg2010
Replied by BullDawg2010 on topic Game Day-UGA/bama..the day the crimson died

Wartdawg wrote:

BullDawg2010 wrote:

Wartdawg wrote: Miss Friend?

As if that would make a difference?

Sorry, but no. There is only 1 coaching
change that would make a difference here

Of course, but he's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I bring up friend bc he was a hell of an offensive line coach. And our offensive line got pushed around, it wouldn't of made a difference in the grand scheme of things, but seeing using getting beat in the trenches the way we did, was very disheartening, heck the whole game was.

You can bring up Friiend, you can bring up Erk for all it
matters. when it comes to the elite in college football UGA is a joke.
Mark Rick is a joke.
All the indoor practice facilities in the world won't change that.

When the spotlight is on us, we $h!+t our pants. Guaranteed.

I'm not disagreeing with you at all, as I've said we are who we've been for awhile.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69482 by Wartdawg
Football team personalities are an extension of their head coaches
personality.

UGA is a bedwetter.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69483 by ReservoirDawg
Replied by ReservoirDawg on topic Game Day-UGA/bama..the day the crimson died
Ho-hum, should've seen this coming. Much like everyone else, I thought to myself THIS IS THE YEAR Goliath goes down. But alas, I got my hopes up once again only to have them crushed under wet coaches shoes. :pinch:

Every year it happens, the Dawgs take us to an extreme high and then they get exposed for being ill prepared against the upper echelon teams. Once Bama took the lead you could already tell gloom & doom(and rain) was in the air.

Ok this next thing I'm gonna say may get be shot outta here like spit thru a tuba. I read on another board a poster said, "Had Mark Richt not spent so much time at the hospital with the Southern player and his family, then maybe he might've had the Dawgs better prepared".

Now granted, I believe what UGA, CMR, and the players did for Devon Gales and his family was fantastic !!! But maybe the guy who posted the "hospital thing" has a point. Crude, but still a point. :evil:

As Dawgs fans we've grown to expect the EVERY YEAR hiccup and receive the "aw shucks" presser after a loss. But this loss feels different. Its like CMR has been given everything he needs to succeed(New OC, 2nd year DC, new players, etc.) and still we "woller" in mediocrity.

It doesn't excite me to know that we still have the Vols, Gators, Auburn, and that Triple Option School downtown left on our schedule either. I'm kinda at my wits end. I sport a "G" tattoo on my right arm, and after yesterday I considering having it covered up by a tattoo of Kim Kardashian's a55 or something(no not really).

I'm at a loss right now. This loss was a crusher :(

Doug(The Reservoir Dawg)
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, ogredawg

More
8 years 6 months ago #69484 by Wartdawg
It doesn't matter, the details.

Our HC and our team is 2nd string.

We can switch coordinators again, and it wont change anything.

We're multiple years post AMurray and our QB secession plan whose architect is the QB coach has us depending on a transfer who lost the job at mid-level ACC school. (and did you see our backup? sheesh!)

We can hear about MR the disciplinarian coach and we will still have players doing stupid things the week of the biggest game of the season.

We can hear about how we now understand the game is won and lost in the trenches and sing the praises of our big uglies and then watch them go out and get dominated by a school where those words ring much less hollow.

You are what your record says you are and our record in big games is a joke. No truly great program even thinks to worry about UGA. There is no need.

I was sick of this crap before the season began, so.... whatever.

That is UGA football. We got punked.... again, as we always do.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc, bulldawg36869, growl, Dawg With Style, ReservoirDawg

More
8 years 6 months ago - 8 years 6 months ago #69494 by Buc
Find it interesting that some find the best way to go is get rid of every coach. BS

Georgia has one serious problem that prevents us from going any further than we are. It is a top down "conclusion" that needs to be taken care of.

Said before, Mark Richt reminds me of the situation that Brown was in at Texas. Both are taken care of by those that have the keys to the "money vault".

Another factor in my mind is the way the "Press" handles Georgia Football. They do not bring heat to the head coach, they are protecting those "precious seats" that they want to keep.

Example of the press . . . . Almost every edition of the AJC one will see Eason's name. That is called "a$$ kissing" in many circles. Remember this, those paychecks are dependent on "many factors" and being linked closely with UGA almost insures a payday.

Amuses me when I read things like Pruitt/Rocker and Company being a target by those that have answers. My vote has been and "remains" in the Pruitt/Rocker and Company's place of doing business.

Pruitt is in Athens not because of Mark Richt. Simple arithmetic. The defensive coaches that are in Athens are there because Coach Will Friend saw what was needed. Mark Richt did not, had been turned down by a host of defensive coaches not that far back.

Simple math, second grade variety . . . . What happened to Ole Miss? Notre Dame? Mississippi State? Ohio State behind beginning the second half? Goes on and on.

If we continue to fail at the quarterback position, team fails. If we score when the other team scores, all even.

I do know this . . . . The top players in the State of Georgia, many from Florida are sold on what Pruitt/Rocker and Company are selling. I buy into the defensive staff. Has been said often, the missing link is "football leadership from the TOP".

Also mentioned on the board a while back, might be some are listening . . . . New head coach for the gators is real. Players down this way are moving toward the gator camp and away from the Seminole camp.

Nick Saban has accomplished at Alabama what he has accomplished at other stops. He is the General George Patton of college football. He talks, others listen. End results speak for themselves.

Tennessee is waiting on us. They will play harder against us than they have against the others thus far.

Would not mind watching a "failed quarterback" in Mark Richt and Brian Schottenheimer's eyes open against Tennessee. Silly me.

Edit . . . . Is it not the Athletic Director's job to control coaching matters? Any bets that McGarity has words with Richt? Does not work that way in Athens. McGarity found that to be the truth right around the Belk Bowl game. Mahogany row does not like "anyone" messing with the "vault".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds