Forum

Alabama, Smart/Saban . . . . Georgia Pruitt/Schottenheimer

8 years 6 months ago #69260 by Wartdawg
Oh and just to be clear....

I was AT the Sugar Bowl in 1982, so yeah I watched it. I was however only speaking towards the Mark Richt era.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, thriller, Dawg With Style

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 6 months ago #69261 by stevedawg
When MR came in he was following several years of HC rotation. Between Dooley and Richt I always had a feeling we were not hitting on all cylinders. After the MR break in period things got better, SEC 2005. Things not quite right since then.

My nose says things are different this year. Team talent and coaching changes seem to work.

No Kool Aid. Just observations.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

8 years 6 months ago #69269 by thriller
Wartdawg, You were there?!

OUCH!!

Painful memories!

Great ticket, though!

More
8 years 5 months ago #69393 by Wartdawg
Yes, I was there. I was there for some painful memories in 82 and 83.

In 82 I saw the entire play develop. We blitzed inside and left a safety up against
their big TE/WR John Brown.

He inexplicably ran right by Steve Kelly #23 I think it was. It was sickening to watch
because about 2 seconds after the snap I said "OH $h|+!!".

To this day I can't figure out how we let that happen. The one thing we couldn't do was let one their guys get behind us. There was only 35 seconds left in the game and if
Pitt had any interest in tying the game they would have kicked the FG right then instead of risking the 4th down play. I knew when they went for it they were going for the home-run with spread formation and all vertical routes... before the play even started I said "just don't let them get behind you".

We did, and it kept us from another NC

God Bless and Go Dawgs

Like Braves Baseball? Follow them at ourbraves.freeforums.net/ and help support my community of Braves fans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: thriller

More
8 years 5 months ago #69399 by thriller
Marino said that was the first time he had ever felt like a pass rush had harassed him all day long. But on that ONE LOUSY play, he had JUST ENOUGH time to get that laser shot off. I don't think that pass had any arc on it at all. Frozen rope.

More
8 years 5 months ago #69400 by Wartdawg
He was deadly on deep balls. As soon as Brown got behind our guy I felt the sickness
coming on.

'Twas a long ride home.

God Bless and Go Dawgs

More
Time to create page: 0.074 seconds