Forum

Mark Hocke and "Hamstrings" A Guess From Where I Sit

8 years 8 months ago #68732 by rockdawg
Buc,

Part of this may be simply keeping up with medical science. A PT once told me that a number of football injuries were the result of failing to balance strength - one muscle group gets strong while the opposing group stays the same because of a truncated lifting program. That leads to instability and injury. If CMH is keeping up with what the docs and PTs understand about the human body, then that may also explain why injuries are fewer.

Hope all our pups stay healthy and strong this year. Hoping for something special... old enough to know how much is hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68733 by Buc
rockdawg, I buy into what your PT said 100%.

So much is asked of these young pups. At their age, many do not have a clue, the other side of that coin is those that are "training them(?)" don't have a clue.

Football has changed. I remember not lifting weights, lots of running, (hated laps) and we did stretching exercises. Had a great high school coach that played for Georgia.

Cannot remember single hamstring by anyone being pulled or stretched or torn, that however was in the 1950's. Coached football in the Far East and like most folks, coached like I played and was coached. No "hammies" there. Just got our asses kicked by the First Calvary coming to play us while they were stationed in Korea.

Realize that I sometimes, maybe too often bring up boring subjects, but there is more to football than understanding the playbook.

Believe that many of the knee surgeries are a result of too much lifting. Strength is needed, but sometimes I think that this is not a four quarter arm wrestling contest.

Very good post rockdawg, will have plenty of time to talk about who is the strongest. Say this . . . . Georgia players in the recent past have gone to the NFL tryout camps and were the best with lbs. lifted. Just saying . . . . :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68734 by yankeedawg1
Buc. So very true. Life is good and God is great...

Never fear about drifting of subject have said many times it is all the same bucket

Rockdawg. Your PT hit it dead on

Look at the Gym Dogs. Stretching is a way of

Life. Never hear about hammies.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
Time to create page: 0.026 seconds