Forum

Mark Hocke and "Hamstrings" A Guess From Where I Sit

8 years 8 months ago #68721 by Buc
Trying to pay more attention to an area of our football team that I don't see a lot of, if any, from the folks in the media.

S&C.

Strength and conditioning for several years was a topic of concern. Seems every year we went through a high level of hamstring pulls, injuries. Some of the players never really got over the “hammie problems”, followed them around for years.

So far under Mark Hocke have not seen the same amount of problems with hamstrings.

Thought about that for a month or so, and while I am by no means a person that understands all of the S&C work, have come to this conclusion.

All of the players from the beginning of Mark Hocke taking over have said one thing . . . . Hocke has us running, running and more running. My theory on this is that the running is stretching the muscles that are under constant strain when lifting and doing other heavy workouts.

Just a thought . . . . you?
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68722 by stevedawg
Makes sense to me.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

8 years 8 months ago #68724 by yankeedawg1
As I have posted before big fan of Coach K

He says he learned from his mentor Bobby Knight... You need to be able to run and run
To be able to play basketball

The stronger your. Legs are at the end of the game the better you are able to play

IMO. Same applies to football... Need the wheels to play...

Great point Buc....

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 8 months ago #68725 by Buc
Guess I sound like a broken record yd1.

The changes that I see in Georgia Football made a big swing to the positive side when Coach Will Friend held court.

I can appreciate that some members have a hard time with some of the posts made by "some" of the older folks. Seems the boards with some a bit younger following do not understand what Georgia Football was like for many years.

Easy enough to count the number of coaches hired since the early 2000's as S&C Coordinators.

Have not heard the players become as indoctrinated and accepting to any coordinator as the current group has with Mark Hocke. Seniors and Freshmen alike. Every positive statement made by the players referring to the coaches is a much needed step forward.

yankeedawg1, seems the entire program is moving in the direction of playing hard for 4 quarters, not just the first half.

Soon we will see where the rubber meets the road.

:)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68729 by yankeedawg1
As you have correctly pointed out CWF was the point of the spear of change...

First in the Bama gang..... Would not be surprised to see him return at some point to the SEC...he is learning and adding to his resume..

Rubber hitting the road... I worked around the trucking business for 30 plus years

Still hear the sounds... Big diesel matched to a Fuller tranny. A skilled professional driver who knows how to slip gears without using the clutch. Power shear power... Power football
Played for complete game ....relentless

Go. Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68731 by Buc
I played semi-pro baseball after returning from the Navy in the 60's. Team belonged to Overnite Transportation. Played in the Atlanta area. Duluth, Welcome All, Coca-Cola, Jonesboro and many others, hard to recall all of the teams. Had a great time with many of the over the road "Cowboys". Memories. :)

Spent some time in my early years watching the Atlanta Crackers. Teams like Chattanooga, Nashville, Birmingham and others. Grandfather as I have mentioned before was an engineer on the Gainesville Midland, rode that switch engine in Gainesville. Swerved there a bit, train used to run beyond the outfield of the old Cracker Ball Park, behind the gig Magnolia Tee in centerfield. Been around yd1.

Sorry, sometimes the gray matter slips back into the past. Find that happening more and more these days. Had a good stay on Earth for the most part. :)

growl think of you often.

Edit . . . . Might have mentioned this before. Also pitched "inside" the Atlanta Federal Penitentiary. Interesting to say the least hearing the Iron Gates closing behind us as we moved further into the AFP. That was a big deal to the inmates.

Life is good . . . . ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, scooby

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.044 seconds