Forum

Closing the Borders

8 years 8 months ago #68715 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic Closing the Borders
I listen to most of the talking heads McElroy included and laugh at some of the crap that spews out of their mouth! That fool has no idea what he's talking about but 98% of the people that listen to the talking heads have no idea either so that's their source of info for their college team regardless how misinformed it is. Now don't get me wrong these guys know football but they do NOT study every University like a hard core fan does so what they say should be taken with a grain of salt.

FB should have started last season if you ask me but no one did haha.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68717 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Closing the Borders
sflanagan21, like you, I get a chuckle at some of the things the talking heads put out for fans to read.

If ever there was a quarterback to play for Alabama that was, think the term is . . . . managing the team. Greg McElroy is the cover dude for that. Now he is all about "arms" . . . . He should stop and take a look at the National Championship Ring that he has . . . . did not get there on his arm strength.

Says to me that there is more to winning championships than one player. Seem to remember Tim Tebow also doing well with a "noodle" for arm strength.

Sometimes it comes down to coaches that understand what it takes to win football games.

We have an offensive line, great running backs, tightends better than most in D1 football.

Talking heads also say that we are lacking in the wide receiver department . . . . I don't buy that. Still have high hopes that Shakenneth Williams gets a fair shot. Still want to see Keith Marshall lining up in the slot. Would love to see Quayvon Hicks play up to his talent level.

One thing that has to happen with our schedule is have a punter that can be consistent. My opinion, this is a tough schedule, pinning folks inside their 20 yard line, this defensive group can and will play balls to the wall. I don't doubt that for one minute.

Teams will score points, don't care which team is being discussed, SEC teams in particular. What the talking heads also are missing or don't understand is this group of defensive players wearing the Red and Black will being the "heat" for four quarters. Has not been that way for years. Damn right I like depth. Also like the fact that we have coaches that not only know how to teach, that is what they live for.

Big get today with Jaleel Laguins choosing UGA. He will not change his mind.

Fix the bathrooms McGarity, or come walk in the puddles. See where the busses were loaded to take the players to the Falcon camp. Pruitt told anyone that would listen what was needed to get the ball rolling in Athens. Pruitt and Company are doing their part on the recruiting trail, could get even better with "management" getting their heads out of the rears.

Talent "ain't" the problem in Athens with players, it is the lack of "talent" in other areas that live along Mahogany Row. Truth.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68718 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic Closing the Borders
Rico McGraw glad CJP got him got this from 247 sports:

A four-star cornerback from Nashville, Tennessee, McGraw adds needed depth for Georgia's defensive backs. He also serves as another impressive get by Georgia defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, who also serves as McGraw's position coach.

It was Pruitt's pitch that led McGraw to sign on as the future of the Bulldogs' defense.

"Coach Pruitt sold us a dream, and we all bought into it," McGraw said. "We're learning as a unit, playing as a unit and working as a unit."

The challenge to begin his tenure as a Georgia player has been a difficult one. Leaving home to come to a new place with unfamiliar people can get to even the most talented freshmen. Then comes the challenge of adjusting to tempo level unlike anything they have seen before. The first days of camp forces players like McGraw to mature rapidly while also displaying the skills that helped them reach the collegiate level.

McGraw has also had to adjust to life with Pruitt. It's no secret the former Florida State defensive coordinator is demanding with his players with the intent of outstanding results in the season. That creates plenty of tough love handed down from Pruitt, which is a style that some players struggle with.

It's a motivation tactic McGraw sometimes gets annoyed by but always understands.

"He does a great job of getting the best out of everybody," McGraw said. "Some days you may not like him and you may bust heads with him a couple of days. He just wants the best for us."

Despite the obstacles of being a freshman, McGraw's play leaves the door open for anything. Standing six-foot tall and weighing 190 pounds, McGraw has the size for playing cornerback and safety. He made his name in high school for his instincts in pass coverage, jumping routes and picking off passes with his quickness and ability to recognize routes.

McGraw has started fall practice with looks at the corneback and star positions, roles that look to be a good fit for the 18-year-old. He can make a great impression on the coaching staff if he shows his play-making tendencies as camp moves forward.

It's not been an easy transition to college, but McGraw contends his learning curve hasn't been too steep. He sees his progression on a daily basis. Based on his own observations, he sees starting against UL-Monroe on Sept. 5 as a real possibility.

"Your playing time reflects how hard you've worked," McGraw said. "I've been really trying to focus on learning my plays and having a really high mental intensity. Hopefully I can start the first game."

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68719 by Buc
DWS, the one thing that really stands out to me is this . . . .

"Your playing time reflects how hard you've worked," McGraw said. "I've been really trying to focus on learning my plays and having a really high mental intensity. Hopefully I can start the first game."

Much has been said by the young men on the practice field with Pruitt and Company about "practice and playing time". Regardless of how all of this turns out, Pruitt and Company have the respect of this group. Some coaches talk "tough love" others "teach it".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68720 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Closing the Borders
I would like to see FB named the starter but just don't see it. Does not fit the mold that CMR and CBS want for their QB.

In retrospect Buc sez Ramsey, SF21 sez Bauta and I say Lambert...at least one of us will be right

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago #68726 by Buc
LMAO ogredawg.

Hit Exit 18 recently. :)

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg