Forum

Closing the Borders

8 years 7 months ago #68705 by Buc
Closing the Borders was created by Buc
I really believe signing Jaleel Laguins means a lot to our program. Too often in the past we would watch players like Jaleel leave the State of Georgia. Many of us think that something has changed, and it has. Back to the group of defensive coaches that "recruit".

Looking at the film below, Jaleel Languins reminds me of Roquan Smith. Size, weight and speed. Pruitt and Company are consistent in the type players that are needed for their defense. Not the shotgun approach anymore. Mike Ekeler has to be beside himself with Languins heading to Athens. Could be that Kevin Sherrer will be his linebacker coach. Jaleel has the same talents that Roquan has, can play inside or outside.

Good job, keep the young men home.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1636042/highlights/210054402/v2

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68706 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Closing the Borders
Keeping our borders closed is a very big deal.

Moving across state lines and bringing in talent is also a very big deal.

AJ Turman I have mentioned several times on this board. AJ is from the Orlando, Florida area. Very talented young man, feel sure some watched him in the Spring Game.

Looking around, beginning to get a feel for the fact that Schottenheimer is "changing" the way we play offense. Offensive lineman Long says that the new game plan is to run as many plays as possible.

In order to run more offensive plays also requires players to be in great condition. Takes me back to Mark Hocke, apparently he is doing an outstanding job. Most players say that they are in the best condition they have been in their football lives.

Film below of AJ Turman, worth watching. Turman is a force and I believe that Schottenheimer will run "sets" that will be totally new to the offense. More than saying that Nick Chubb and others are getting a breather.

Jumping around a bit, this thread I feel should be open to whatever anyone wants to post. There is a lot that can be said.

bulldawgillustrated.com/2015/08/19/aj-tu...ence-after-injuries/

Edit . . . . Never hurts to show the film below. I have posted it more than once in the past, had the privilege to watch AJ Turman. He is a force and he is healthy.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68707 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Closing the Borders
Buc shortly after the first pressed that CMR and CBS held where HC stated not much
But terminology would change with our O

I posted that this was a poker statement

I have always felt why in the small hell

Tell the world what our plans were...game day

Is soon enough. We won't see much until

The chickens come to visit. Both CJP and CBS will save plays depending on the opponent. Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago #68708 by stevedawg
Replied by stevedawg on topic Closing the Borders
YD1... that about sums it up.

For winning the Natty give every Dawg a bone AND prime rib steak.

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68709 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Closing the Borders
Thoughts on the upcoming starter at quarterback for Georgia.

End of the 2014 Season, Ramsey was the young man that was called on to finish up the season after our starting quarterback was injured. Coaches chose Ramsey because he was the one that they liked the best at that point.

For that reason, I believe that Ramsey will start the 2015 Season. My way of thinking, it would be a demotion if someone else started. Even though we should win the opening game, there is something to be said about being named the starter, regardless of the competition. Football players are like that.

Continue to read that Bauta is having the best 2015 practices, and it has/is being said that Bauta gets a lot of respect from the players. Players like his attitude and the hard work he has put in since his arrival in Athens. Some of us on the "outside" like those qualities also.

Continue to hear Richt saying that the competition is too close to call. That alone makes me think that Ramsey will start.

Picked up the italicized below from Classic City post.

If you've been reading my practice reports, you'll maybe feel like I'm being paid by the Bauta family to lobby for quarterback Faton Bauta to start. Today was no exception, as he continued to look like the best quarterback on the field. Particularly, on a rollout play, Bauta had two options downfield running right with him, and he threw to the deep option (20 yards or so) downfield on the run. He hit his receiver, freshman Shaquery Wilson, right in his extended hands with maybe a toe left in-bounds - a spot where only his receiver could have caught the ball. It was perhaps the most impressive throw I've seen from any quarterback this camp.

Speaking of me saying Bauta has looked the best, I am not the only one. While watching drills today, I was talking with two other very well known beat writers about the topic, and they both agree with me that in terms of hustle, work and doing the small things to keep a team from getting in trouble, Bauta has so far been the guy. So I am not crazy.... I don't think.

On the board chirping again. Figure that the starter will probably be named after the next live scrimmage.

Something else . . . . Mentioned back when we were recruiting Isaiah Wynn that he was a very good offensive lineman from St. Petersburg, Florida. Another one of the young men coming from Central Florida that plays the game for "keeps". If you haven't watched the video below, you get to see the "friendlier side" of Isaiah. On the field he is all about "business". Going to pull and knock a lot of linebackers on their butts in 2015.

Edit . . . . Another small read about Isaiah Wynn. Pulled the paragraph from 24/7.

Isaiah Wynn: From coaches to defensive players to his position mates, almost everyone you talk to raves about Wynn's natural ability up front. They also speak highly of his work ethic. When you combine the two, you have a guy who could be ready to break out in his first year as a starter. He pushed Kublanow to the wire a year ago in the competition at left guard and that's where he'll begin Fall camp.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68710 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic Closing the Borders

QB Greyson Lambert

After a rough first week that saw him struggle with timing and his release, Lambert has had a strong second week of practice. He's been on target during the media viewing period for a few practices in a row now and appears to be getting more and more comfortable. His arm strength also appears to have improved with that added confidence. He's stepping into his throws and delivering them with accuracy and some zip rather than letting the ball sail on him as it did in the first week. If anyone was getting ready to count Lambert out of the race after the first seven days, they might want to reconsider.

2 weeks from now he will be under center for the first offensive set against ULM. It was posted that he had a great day with the wet football also.

thecountrynation.com

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds