Forum

Winners in the SEC . . . . Offensive Lines Make the Difference

8 years 8 months ago #68692 by sflanagan21
Buc I have noticed the same thing with Richt this year. He seems way more relaxed and very confident to the point that he even has a little swag about him. I sense that he realizes how special what he has under him with the coaching staff and players. Sometimes surrounding yourself around believers like every coach on this team will rub off in a good way. I also think he has a chip on his shoulder from all of the hate that he has received from both the fans and media for underachieving over the years.

A HUGE part about being a good coach is making the players buy into what your selling them. Pruitt is one of the best at getting every ounce of blood, sweat and tears from his players. He has every single one of them believing that they are the best or that they are on the path to becoming the best if they put in the work. This is NOT the same team or program that we have been accustom to seeing take the field. Pruitt has brought a level of FIRE to UGA that we haven't seen in a long while and from top to bottom with coaches and players they all believe they can win it all.

I've never spoke as highly of DAWGS football as I have this season and from where I sit i think we are on the verge of some GREAT years ahead of us as fans. I will say it again and I firmly believe this, all of the pieces to the puzzle are finally there...

GO DAWGS

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68693 by sflanagan21
I was a QB from the age of 5 all the way through HS and I still play the position on my traveling flag football team. My Dad was an offensive lineman in HS and played on the O line at Jack St. He made sure I understood at a very young age how important those big guys in front of me were. He use to say that the least appreciated and the most important position players on offense were the lineman. It all starts up front and if you don't have a good O line then you will not have a good running game and you will not have a deep passing game at all.

The "big nasties" often get over looked but they will be the reason why we will be jumping up and down many times this year when Chubb, Michel, Mitchell, Douglas and Thurman are running down the sidelines for a TD. When all is said and done I think we are going to look back at this O line as one of the best we've ever seen at UGA.

GO DAWGS

More
8 years 8 months ago #68694 by sflanagan21

Buc wrote: Last time that I heard this name being mentioned on this board or others . . . . Penn Wagers.

NC_Dawg has more than once pointed a finger, and correctly so.

A lot goes into winning and coming up short in the SEC.

Penn Wagers really liked himself.

Let the young men play . . . . want camera time, move to "Hollywood".

Bouncing around my friends . . . . much goes into winning in the toughest D1 Conference.

Second season under what "I believe" to be a solid group of coaches. Don't jump on me for this . . . . minus 1.

Totally "amped" for September 19th, 2015 and South Carolina between the Hedges".

"Turn about is fair play". Mark Richt, never forget what some of us "old timers" have put up with for many years.

Steve Spurrier gets the chance, he takes care of business. Might be time for you (MR) to remember this . . . . Bobby Bowden would put points on everyone that he lined up against. Think about that, Sir.

Too many areas of "football on the field" that you don't seem to have a grasp on. Turn the Dawgs loose, means a lot when the "committee" gets together to decide the "Final Four".

Just a "suggestion" from someone that is "outside the arena".

:)

More than ever we have to put up BIG points with the new 4 team playoff's. Every team knows and understands that and I hope Richt get's on board as well. i think Bobo had a lot to do with playing vanilla when we should have went for the jugular. Not making excuses for Richt but Bobo was calling the plays the last several years. Regardless though I hope Richt see's that we have to win and win BIG if we want to get "in'.

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68695 by Buc
sflanagan21, have a small confession to make . . . . :whistle:

After reading a recent post that you made in another thread, my friend it stuck. I often go back and read comments from everyone that posts here. What you said in part led me to say some of what I have said in this thread.

You mentioned this below in italics. We can only speak for ourselves, but anyone that will take the time or has taken the time to review some of the way Erk's players felt about him, same is being said about Pruitt.

Pruitt has brought a level of FIRE to UGA that we haven't seen in a long while and from top to bottom with coaches and players they all believe they can win it all.

Truth.

Will carry it a step further . . . .

Pruitt over a short period of years has been a coach, and comparatively speaking, this young man has built many friendships in a "short time".

He recognizes coaching talent(s) along with players abilities on the field. You coaching football understand that many coaches can not do both . . . . Something like chewing gum and walking at the same time.

UGA has gone down that path on the defensive side since BVG left town. Before that, Erk in my opinion was a step better than BVG. ALL of Erk's players still to this day, have never forgotten the "total package" that Erk brought to Georgia. I haven't.

It was no accident that Pruitt brought coaches in that he "knew" were first off player coaches, himself being one. More than once it has been said on this board that Tracy Rocker is one of the "great hires" ever at UGA. Been here a short time, but when I see Trenton Thompson doing this with Rocker and Pruitt, again takes me back to Erk.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68696 by sflanagan21
Erk and Pruitt both have a lot of coaching similarities! Pruitt is a true leader that can really coach and he WILL get the best out of you or you will transfer (Wiggins). In any sport at any level you are only as good as your leader teaches you to be. Pruitt is a man of honor that is being paid to get the best out of the talent that he has recruited and you better damn believe that's what he is doing. The Nation will see this year just how good Pruitt and company really are.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68697 by Buc
Not to be political, saying this for comparison.

Trump is out among the people and the press, yes there is a difference between the two groups.

Pruitt much like those similar to Trump and others says just exactly what is on his mind.

Players, especially football players this day and time can read through the BS. Much more involved with players decisions when it comes to the "money". That takes us to "recruiting".

Small wonder that Nick Saban year after year has top five recruiting classes. These young players walk through the "football factory" in Tuscaloosa and see what it is that they "want".

The recruit of today is different than the recruit back in the day. Money is a "hot issue" and it will get "hotter" now that the SEC has joined forces with Disney.

Most or maybe I should say, many of the young men that play or want to play in the SEC have the "facts" to fall back on. The group in Tuscaloosa understand how to "recruit" . . . . have known since Nick Saban's arrival.

Takes me to this.

We now have a young coach (Pruitt) that not only coaches well, he "listens" to those that are successful. That is one trait that many coaches never fully understand. Nick Saban "understands". He has listened to many and continues to listen to those that can make "his game as a coach better".

Too often in today's world and market place there are those that have not been down in the dirt. Pruitt/Rocker and Company "understand" and if all factors are considered and respected, Georgia football will compete.

Compete in the 2015 Season with South Carolina, Alabama and Auburn . . . . time passes quickly. Conversations on this board and others will change quickly in 2015 . . . . one way or the other. Some still seem to think that we are a 3 or 4 team loser in 2015. Hard for me to say, just want to see improvement and most of all "Leadership" from all involved with the Red and Black.

Realize that I get into areas that many don't want to discuss, but . . . . it is football at the "grass roots". Understood by some, hated by others. This is football in 2015, not 1950/60/70/80/90. Game has "changed".

Enjoy chatting with you sflanagan21. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds