Forum

Winners in the SEC . . . . Offensive Lines Make the Difference

8 years 7 months ago #68702 by Buc
sflanagan21, we have had some really good tightends pass through Athens. Passing through is not meant to mean so-so.

Schottenheimer signing on with the Red and Black was not and did not have anything to do with being "left out".

Schottenheimer is a smart football coach. I say that looking at what he has said and you say sf21.

Appears this way to me. Schottenheimer said in his recent interview with the press that he "will be calling the plays in 2015". That is a "HUGE STATEMENT" for any assistant to make for public consumption. Do not believe that he would have taken the job in Athens if that was not a guarantee. My opinion.

Schottenheimer's statement in my mind closely follows what Pruitt said about the Indoor Practice Facility. From where I sit . . . . another positive coming from the assistants in the Classic City.

Boils down like this to me . . . . There comes a time when as others on this board have said . . . . Change was needed, and I see change. Change on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

Sometimes, have said this before as have others . . . . coaches get too "comfortable" and that can be a "very good thing" if you believe in x number of wins each season.

I am on board with what sadlerdawg has said for "years". He believed that Mike Bobo had become too comfortable with what he was doing.

Allow me this . . . . Schottenheimer said recently, last few days . . . . we are playing "fast". That says to this old fart . . . . I came to coach, will coach the way I know how . . . . Not for a second do I "buy into coach speak" about the offense will be the same, only changes will be in the way the "same plays" will be "labeled". BS.

Pruitt came to Athens with a "hands off attitude". Believe the same to be true at this point from Schottenheimer. Offensive Coordinator will be a breath of fresh air. Of course he is not in the same position he was in with the JETS, or the RAMS.

Schottenheimer has "live ammo" both coaches and players. What is not to like about his assistants? I look at the names of the coaches on the offensive side and every one of them were very good players in their day. Players see that and it will get and hold their attention in 2015.

Best group of coaches on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball ever. If there has been a better group, someone needs to clue me in.

Will say this again . . . . Every coach on the UGA Football Staff, top to bottom, if there is a bottom. Do your job and a new version of "history" will be written.

End with this . . . . SEC Football is a tough conference. Those that sign on to play on Saturday's know coming into the Classic City understand that the "BAR HAS BEEN RAISED". Speaking for myself, I think I see more players looking closer at the "IMPROVEMENTS IN ATHENS". Have to say this . . . . I am totally in the camp that Mark Hocke has pitched his tent in. Hocke is as important to Georgia Football as any coach, that includes Pruitt and Schottenheimer.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68703 by sflanagan21
Buc, Roquan Smith is one of the freshman that I think makes a huge impact before the year is over. The football instincts that this kid has is on another level my man!

I'm expecting big things as most are from Thompson as well.

On the other side of the ball we have an freak of an athlete with Godwin. I've been on this kid's bandwagoon for a couple of years now and I think by the end of week 2 we are all going to be saying WOW.

I have 2 sleepers one on each side of the ball that when given the opportunity they will not let the team down. On O I really like Jackson Harris and before his college career is over he will be a household name. He has a lot of talent in front of him at TE but he is just too damn good to not get playing time. On the D side is a kid that will be very hard to keep off the field and when he is on the field he will look like he is playing in a different gear than most and reckless, and that would be Natrez Patrick.

So much talented depth on this roster and so much more coming in!

More
8 years 7 months ago #68704 by sflanagan21
Buc what you said below both you and I are on the same page! Our O will be primarily in a Pro Style Formation and that's where it STOPS when saying it will be the same as what Bobo ran. I'm not knocking Bobo because he has a great offensive mind but his biggest hiccup is that he was way too conservative and his plays were too vanilla for this day and age of college football. My point is that Shotty see's the ammo that he has and you better believe that it will be used in ways we have NEVER seen at UGA. As an OC I droll of the thought of having I Mac, Michel and Marshall and what can be done with those two in open field, not to mention Mitchell and his deep threat ability, all the talent at TE and Chubb (no explanation needed)! Trust me Shotty know's what's up and as fans we are going to be getting really giddy on Saturdays when our O takes the field.

Not for a second do I "buy into coach speak" about the offense will be the same, only changes will be in the way the "same plays" will be "labeled". BS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds