Forum

Pound The "G"

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68681 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Pound The "G"
Simple things get my interest.

Example.

College football has changed "big time".

What are the changes that "I" have noticed . . . .

Players are bigger, faster, better prepared by high school coaches to make the move up to college football easier.

Erk understood that. Pruitt and Company understand that.

Young men moving to Athens "soon understand" what is "demanded" and "required" of them. Want a shot at the NFL and the "big bucks", chances improve when BMOC spit is left at the entry gate. Finally we have a "different code" if a player wants to play between the Hedges. Took fourteen (14) years, but we are closer than ever.

The only piece of serious change that I can say has happened in Athens is . . . . We got through the Summer months without much of the "stuff" that we were faced with in the not too distant past.

Here is a question for those that read and don't post.

What has been the difference in "bad summer conduct" in the Summer of 2015, looking back at previous years? Did UGA not have the reputation of being a "bad boy school"? Easy for me to pull up past conduct, prior to 2015, it is there in black and white.

Erk in the video above explains the difference. Gone but not forgotten Erk.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68682 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Pound The "G"
Remember the last 4 or 5 years listening and reading what our defensive players had to say about looking forward to the season.

Hearing the same again in 2015, seems however to have a different tone than what I have read in the past.

I look back at some of the things being said for the most part by the players. I am reminded that since BVG left there has not been a lot of depth (being used). That continues right up until now, or up until the 2014 Season.

2015 will allow us to look closer at what is "being said".

Remembering what Lorenzo Carter said recently. Not playing every down protects my body. We can take that any way we choose, but if there is solid depth behind Carter . . . . why not?

Cannot win the SEC without a solid defense. Saban and Alabama have known that for a long time.

With the depth/talent that I see on our defense, we have stronger possibilities than we have had in the recent past.

South Carolina and Steve Spurrier between the Hedges, Mark Richt get out of the way, paybacks are hell. Some of us still remember the way SS has shown his butt when it comes to UGA.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68683 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic Pound The "G"
Erk and CJP. All business as the players know

Best come to give your best on each play or

You will get corrected quickly. Ask LC

Go Dawgs