Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 7 months ago #68654 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
So far so good. A few minor injuries, no one in any trouble, the "me" attitude seems to be gone and the coaching staff are doing and saying the right things...with this talent should be a great year...all the pieces are in place except for the QB, and if this team plays to its potential the QB situation should not be much of a factor, and counting on the new OC to see that it is not...

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68655 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
DWS, here is a comment coming from an incoming freshman. Like it. Young man all for competing and competition.

Rodrigo Blankenship, the preferred walk-on from Sprayberry, on his competition with Marshall Morgan for the kickoff job: “It’s just going to be whoever the coaches think is going to be the best guy hitting the ball the furthest , whoever is hitting the ball the highest and can put it in the right spots to try to eliminate returns,” he said.

Blakenship believes he can do all of the things he mentioned above. Watching his videos, young man very confident.

In the past believe that too many players were rewarded with jobs that they believed they deserved because . . . . promises made and kept.

Seems to me that this new group of coaches don't make promises. They recruit and the outcome for playing time and positions fall squarely on the players ability to produce.

I am curious about the upcoming scrimmage at Sanford Stadium. Think most of us will get a "better picture" of what we might see when the 2015 SEC Season starts. Regardless of the opponent.

DWS have said before, would love to see Keith Marshall return to the "Checkerboard" and play at 100% for the entire game. Still believe he is going to line up in the slot when the season starts. Not every play, many plays.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl, Dawg With Style

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68659 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Ogredawg your post# 9. Touched all the

Bases sir exactly... Time to drop the leash

Getting shorter. This group of Dawgs

Know how to hunt..... Russ going out to

Retirement in style..... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68660 by Buc
DWS went back and read some of your posts about running backs. Think you were one of the first members here to mention Tae Crowder.

Also looked at some film on Alabama running back, Derrick Henry #27. Once committed to Georgia. We will see a lot of Henry when Alabama comes to Athens.

Tae reminds me of Derrick. Size, speed, and is quick to run North and South. Both are strong, use stiff arms. Close to the same size.

Back when I wondered just how effective Derrick Henry would be in the SEC. He did not play against a lot of competition in high school. Henry has done well in the SEC, scary back with good hands.

wlayton was the member that brought our attention to Derrick Henry. wlayton was talking about Henry on this board when he was still a freshman/sophomore in high school.

If we go through a portion of the 2015 Season without serious injuries at running back, would not be surprised to see Tae Crowder wearing a redshirt. Depth is building my friend.

:)

www.hudl.com/athlete/1556793/highlights/210201411/v2

www.hudl.com/athlete/372585/highlights/16573388/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dawg With Style

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68661 by Buc
Much has been said about Georgia football from the end of the 2014 Season up until now.

Actually, much has been discussed about Georgia player talent for years.

Below is one of the best articles that I have read, maybe ever. It includes much of what is said on our board and other sites as well.

Take some time, copy the article and paste it in your favorites if you don't have the time to read it in one sitting.

Cuts to the chase. My opinion. Have the time, check the comments out.

www.sbnation.com/college-football/2015/8...view-schedule-roster
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68662 by Buc
Head coach said this . . . .

Richt also had this to say in evaluating the passing game:

“We probably threw the deep ball better today than we have all camp. And they all, every one of them, had a deep ball thrown that was on the money, had a score or a long gain.

Just saying . . . .

Leaving everything I have said about QB play alone, was glad to read this from MR.

With the three (3) able bodies that are being discussed, UGA is probably in better shape than many SEC teams.

Offensive line and defensive line will make the difference for the Red and Black in 2015.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

More
Time to create page: 0.036 seconds