Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 8 months ago #68665 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
One thing that I do understand, looking at the posts on this board for a long spell, football is understood HERE.

Happy to be a part.

A statement that sflanagan21 made soon after coming to this board and posting . . . . Dude coaches high school football this day and time, understands what old folks like me are still trying to get a grip on.

I read every thing that is posted here, can read 99% of the posts elsewhere concerning UGA football, comes down to this . . . .

Folks like myself can say what we think will work, but might be we(I) have lost touch with "the GAME".

I Post here exclusively. I do however read "everything" that I can find "elsewhere".

However, when I read what some members on this board post, takes a bit of time for me to digest what those posting are trying to get across. Probably my bad.

Many times on this board I have said to every member choosing to read my "stuff", this old fart goes back and reads what the members have to say. Yes, I do that,

I am retired, totally wrapped up in the Red and Black and, that did not start in 2015. Don't always please everyone, but that is not for me to decide.

Easy for me to say this is a good board. Much like trying to figure out UGA Football . . . . that comes down to the individual.

End with this and a couple of statements afterwards . . . . Looking forward to watching the "current player talent, and the coaching talent" in 2015.

Some say that we (UGA) will lose 3 or maybe 4 games this season.

Allow me this . . . . South Carolina and Alabama will "visit" us "Between the Hedges". Care less about the schedule being "tougher this season". In my mind it is SEC Football and we can "either win or . . . . "

Something that I have not said thus far . . . . I have not forgotten what Muschamp said to the fans in Florida (Ilive here). I do not like Florida, Tennessee or Auburn. Win those three(3) games and I will look in another direction when the "media" starts their BS.

;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, DAWGtm, sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68666 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc your last post...raise my glass of Jack and toast your accurate thoughts

Just two kinds of people in the world

Those who are Dawg fans and those who are

Not.....their loss......Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, sflanagan21

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68668 by Buc
Found Pruitt's "attention" getting move on Lorenzo Carter satisfying. Pruitt knows what he has in #7, also intends to have his full and undivided "attention".

Seem to remember Spurrier not being satisfied with Jadeveon Clowney not giving full effort. That story also hit the media prior to Clowney being chosen #1 in 2014 NFL Draft.

Not sure that I like the answer that Carter gave in his interview. Mentions getting "sacks". That is a good thing, but he has to do more than "sack" quarterbacks. Single biggest issue facing UGA in 2015 in my opinion, stopping the run. ogredawg has mentioned that more than once. Lorenzo Carter, sir, did like hearing you say that Coach Pruitt will not accept "garbage" from any on the defense. Tells me that you understand, if not, Pruitt will not be side swiped by those that play on defense. Bet that.

Lorenzo, everyone understands how talented you are. Many of us that don't get into the "arena" know what we see on game film replays. Your dollar value will increase in the NFL if you can do more than rush the quarterback. Bet that also.

www.macon.com/sports/college/sec/univers...article31161392.html

More
8 years 8 months ago #68669 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
For me the key is LC got the message...

That CJP is business.....all business...

Bet my moon pie and RC. Cola that LC

Won't be eager to repeat. Fact everyone on

The defense leaned from this episode....

A very good thing making sure the helmet size

Does not grow....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68670 by ogredawg
Replied by ogredawg on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Read what LC said and just shook my head. His head is in the money and will continue to be in the money. Keeping it there and guys like Derrick Henry will run right by him.

thecountrynation.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago #68671 by Buc
Still trying to get a grip on the running back position.

Nick and Sony were front and center in the scrimmage.

That takes me back to something that has been mentioned on this board . . . . Keith Marshall lining up in the slot. Still believe that is going to be a part of our offense this season.

There is little doubt that Jeb Blazevich will have a great 2015 if he remains healthy.

Still have a problem with Jay Rome. Great talent, somehow think his press clippings coming from high school hindered his potential. Tried basketball along with football, not sure that plays out too well. Jay Rome was really suited to enter the NFL as a tightend, not the NBA.

Seems to me that we are hearing more and more about Schottenheimer utilizing his tightends . . . . Georgia has more than one or two, really like Jackson Harris a lot. He is going to be a linebackers nightmare. Just for kicks and giggles, going to post a video featuring Harris. What say you folks?

www.hudl.com/athlete/1908773/highlights/158366379/v2

What is not to like about Harris? Catches the football with his "hands". Bad to the Dawg Bone. No way does this young man redshirt if I am the coach making that decision. NFL bound for sure.

Sure would like to see Harris lining up against South Carolina, Alabama, Tennessee and Auburn, to name a few. Jackson Harris does things that I have yet to see Jay Rome do. Bet this, our "toss sweep" with several of our running backs, odds move up several percentage points if Jackson Harris is on the offensive line.

Really glad that Butch Jones was not able to land this young man.

Not being ugly just calling it like I see it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.035 seconds