Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 8 months ago #68646 by yankeedawg1
From Athens- Friday Thoughs was created by yankeedawg1
Good Morning All,

Good week in Athens…… Ramsey Day….pool time….brothers bonding…..

Have a few Dawgs dinged up one that concerns me is Imac’s hammies

I am sure the medics are trying to find what else can be done to avoid any further repeats……

This week’s Blue Plate Specials……CBMA5…HHTBAG…WWBTYSP…

Coach Bmac adds 5…. We knew from CBmac’s time as RBC he was a recruiting machine….no reason to think any differently when he took over the receivers ….. since Dawg Night we have had 5 WR’s commits to the “G”……..impressive but money says he is not done….expect some big names to commit soon….. recruits learning that if you snooze you may get passed over for the next player up…….who already knows he wants to wear the R & B……will done CBmac…… love it….

Heads hedging their bets about Georgia…..

As we get closer the heads are talking about how we now very well may win the SEC East and even the SECCG.

Less talk about not having a starting QB named and as I and several others here have posted we have the type offense that can win with a good quarterback playing smart…….still there is those speaking about how win always seem to give games away that we should win easily…

Can remember how the same heads spoke about AM not being able to win the big games…never understood how he had to shoulder the fact our sorry defense could not make a stop…we had to score tons of points just to stay close……

Sterling Bailey and Jordan Jeknins spoke to this issue…..one word Nasty… CTR has brought the word into the conversation….we will have a Nasty defense……..not some plays…..every play ….all game….

We will chase them all the way off the field at the half and again at the end of the game….. snap the ball and you release the GATA wave….that will sweep over you…….relentless…..

Who will be this year’s surprise players??

Will we be treated to another group of players like NC,SM,LC,IM and others….. no question in my mind….coaches on both sides of the ball not afraid to play freshman who have talent…which we are blessed to have at several positions…..we are not talking mop up but real time important plays…..in SEC games…..we may not know their names and numbers…..bet by the end of the USC game we and the world will….

Sidebar….. CMR says he may use two QB’s in our first game…. We were talking about that being a possibility shortly after the G-Game…..IMO why not…..see what they can do in a live game…. Seems once again this board was ahead of the curve…..

Pause and give thanks

Have a great weekend and a safe week….

As always “GO Dawgs”

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, DAWGtm, dawgs_fans_dad

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68647 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Good morning yankeedawg I read that about the 2 QB play anyway enjoy the weekend.

Growl if you need anything just let me know.

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68648 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Impressive video when looking at plays made in 2014 and the Spring Game 2015.

Many returning to the defense in 2015, plus some prized recruits. Depth in 2015 could make the defense even better than previous years.

Other teams will be loaded also. Alabama has beat us and most universities on the recruiting trail for "years".

For sure what I saw on the video was "speed".

The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68649 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Speed .....size....strength....relentless...nasty.....

Very very nasty....... Junkyard Dawgs back....

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68650 by dawgs_fans_dad
Replied by dawgs_fans_dad on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Been out of pocket for quite a while and missed the board. I feel like I'm almost caught up just reading this one Friday post. lol

Really looking forward to seeing this year's defense.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68651 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
DFD. Welcome back....yes. Our D will be

Better. No plays. No games off....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • Junk Yard Dawg