Forum

SEC Winning Teams Have a Punter

8 years 7 months ago #68632 by Buc
SEC Winning Teams Have a Punter was created by Buc
“Last year was just one of them years where you don’t even wanna look back on,” Barber said. “With my back and everything I didn’t put in the work that I needed to, and the outcome showed.”

Nuff said.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68633 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic SEC Winning Teams Have a Punter
Rodrigo Blankenship did not hesitate to accept the scholarship to play for Georgia. Like that, especially when I watch him on film in different situations.

If the new way of getting playing time as is the case with the defense, meaning putting forth effort, feel this young man will see the field early and often in 2015.

Another part of the Special Teams that has on occasion been less than what some of us have come to expect watching SEC football.

Video below offers a serious look at a very talented kicker/punter.

www.hudl.com/athlete/1851342/highlights/202030377/v2
The following user(s) said Thank You: stevedawg, DAWGtm

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68656 by growl
Replied by growl on topic SEC Winning Teams Have a Punter
If he keeps that up will have no problems

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68657 by Buc
Chief Growl, I really like the attitude of Blankenship. From where I sit, would refer to Rodrigo Blankenship as a winner. Have not seen this young man in SEC competition, just have this feeling that he has the "stuff" that makes our "Special Team(s)" better. Lord knows that has to be worth at least one win during the season.

Have said before, I try not to say too much about players wearing the Red and Black. Recently have gotten away from that . . . . Believe the saying is . . . . "It is what it is".

Effort is one thing . . . . reluctance to work, another.

A repeat of what our punter said above . . . .

“Last year was just one of them years where you don’t even wanna look back on,” Barber said. “With my back and everything I didn’t put in the work that I needed to, and the outcome showed.”

growl, feel that much has changed with UGA and "scholarships". Meaning that we have young men that want to play between the Hedges. Playing between the Hedges in my mind is a very special thing. Called "team play".

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68658 by growl
Replied by growl on topic SEC Winning Teams Have a Punter
I have to admit Buc that I was getting tired of watching half efforts on the field, such as giving up on the play, or playing at half speed(for a kicker it means a blocked or shanked kick) , and just plain lack of concentration and allowing a missed block or assignment. I hope that issue has been addressed. GO DAWGS

The sun shines on a different Dawg every day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68667 by Buc
growl, lifted this from the AJC this morning. Appears that the coaches are trying to get Colin's attention. Guess he is one of those that has to have "fire" built below his belt buckle.

Richt had good things to say about his senior kickers: Place-kicker Marshall Morgan, with the exception of a missed field goal, had a good scrimmage, but his job isn’t in jeopardy. Punter Collin Barber was competing with walk-on Rodrigo Blankenship, but it appears Barber is getting some separation.

Curious comment from the reporter about "separation". One live scrimmage and there is "separation"?

Haven't been able to separate the quarterbacks at this point . . . . as far as we know. Players were told not to give away practice "secrets". Understandable.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DAWGtm, growl

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.029 seconds