Forum

BS Comes In Different Colors

8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68595 by Dawg With Style
Replied by Dawg With Style on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Got this from dog bytes:

"On Friday, Sterling Bailey said he shouted at practice to defensive teammates on another field on the second and fourth teams about running to the ball.

“It’s our team,” said Bailey, a senior defensive tackle who has played in 29 games at Georgia. “He’s not the one who’s going to be out there playing. He leaves it up to us to jump on them about the loafs.”

So if a teammate like Leonard Floyd, Josh Dawson and John Atkins think a veteran like Bailey needs to pick it up, they’ll tell him: “’Come on. Run after the ball.’ They expect it out of me so I’m going to expect it out of everyone else.”

this is the whole article:

dogbytesonline.com/uga-defensive-players...small-details-88921/

How Bout them Dawgs!!!!!!!

Ride it like you stole it

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Dawg With Style
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68596 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
DWS during the bowl game in Orlando against Nebraska, watched players like Ramik Wilson and others on the sideline talking with each other and shaking their heads. Of course the next season Ramik proved that he could play.

On the far sideline the Nebraska players were having to be kept back from the playing field, not sitting on the bench or just milling about. Something to be said for or about that.

The article that you posted along with others goes to show that it was "high time" :whistle: . . . . that changes were made. Much is being said now about the offense and the QB situation, maybe as slanagan21 and one or two others have posted, changes are in store for the offense.

I have no doubts that the defensive side of the ball is in good hands now, opposed to those that were not qualified for many years, referring to the "Leadership or lack of Leadership".

If our defense shines in the 2015 Season, it will without fail show that Leadership from the top is the main reason.

Player talent in Athens was not a "serious problem" prior to Nick Saban leaving the NFL and planting himself and his hand chosen assistants in Tuscaloosa. Like Saban or not, even with the loss to Ohio State, he and his team are always in the game.

Hell yes we are playing catch up . . . . about damn time those in the Classic City opened their eyes to the "TRUTH".

I like this defensive coaching staff . . . . apparently the young men that played for grantham like the new group better.

Those that don't understand what is going on in Athens right now, not hard to figure. Public Relations will continue to heap praise on the head coach, but those that are in the "know" understand what "appears" to be a change for the good is happening by coaches that truly understand what it takes to move forward.

The defense that will play in Athens this season will not be intimidated by Alabama or any other team. Might lose, might not, but for sure changing uniform colors will not be the reason for either the win or loss.

Year two with Pruitt's defense, looking forward to a different group, both coaches and players. Player might start against one team and the next week might not. Speaks volumes. Matching personnel to what film breakdown shows, not the same marching order every game. This is good.
The following user(s) said Thank You: growl, Dawg With Style

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68597 by Buc
Like what Pruitt had to say about the incoming group. DWS there is no doubt that Pruitt coaches one way, that can be said for the entire group of coaches on the defensive side of the ball.

After reading the article, leaves little doubt that those wanting playing time will "earn it" during practice. As the article states, there were many who arrived in Athens with size, skill and wanting to learn the game.

Pruitt's door is never closed and he does not waste time with BS. These young men understand and will produce.

247sports.com/Bolt/Jeremy-Pruitt-managin...ldogs-frosh-38645377

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68598 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Back in the day men like CJP were referred as being grounded.

He has surrounded himself with a coaching staff that have similar qualities

That imo it is why we have a compatible group which carries over to the offense staff also

BS left with the coaches and players who

Departed our program.....ME has been been

Replaced with. WE.....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68606 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic BS Comes In Different Colors

scooby wrote: I've said this before, Ill say it one more time...

In any given year there are probably 20 programs that have any chance at all of being the natty champs. UGA is definitely on the list. LSU, Bama, Auburn, Florida, FSU, OSU, Mich moving forward, Miami in the past, Oregon, Southern Cal, etc, etc, etc. Lots of others trying to get on the "big 20" list...Tennesee, South Car, Klimpson, GaTech,Louisville, Kentucky, Ark, UCLA, VT, etc, etc, etc.

Of those "big 20" id say you could circle 5 teams in any given year and have a 50% chance of picking the winner.

You guys who are disapointed when you don't win enough games just need to keep in mind how competitive it is. I surf around a lot of forums and apparently lots of teams want to win the NC. :ohmy:

Will Muschamps found out how hard it is. Look at the resume, coached at bama under BS, lsu i think, Texas. He looked like a cant miss and he flopped big time. He was head coach at UF for 4 years and you cant blame the last guy when you get 4 years.

Now you guys might very well be right that MR will not win a NC. That is another issue. His personality is not nasty enough and his religion will not allow him to get a little sneaky, ie cheat. And while this is a problem if you want to win NC's, its part of the reason he is making $4m a year in his 15th season.

Hey, Im pulling for you guys this year like always. I dont think Id circle UGA in the top five, but i wouldnt have circled OSU last year.

A lot of good points and facts in your statement my man. After the Bama game you and a lot of others will have us circled in their top 5. We are going to be that good this year. The pieces to the coaching puzzle are finally there and it will show on Saturday's. The talent has been there for the past 8 plus years but some key pieces were missing but not anymore...

GO DAWGS

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #68625 by Buc
sflanagan21, believe your statement about the coaching pieces being in place are more than spot on.

Put it this way . . . . Different than the recent past, and for that matter for many years prior to the last 7 or so.

I believe that we were far ahead of many SEC teams in the early 2000 years, player talent wise.

Would be damn hard for anyone to convince me that our "downfall" was because we lacked player talent.

Nick Saban for example left the NFL for Alabama and right away with the talent Georgia had at that point beat Saban on their field with NS as head coach. That ended soon thereafter. Think most of us understand that the inner workings of coaching talent lifted Alabama over Georgia. Records and coaches speak for themselves.

Much to like with the changes made in Athens.

• Buc
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
Time to create page: 0.031 seconds