Forum

BS Comes In Different Colors

8 years 8 months ago #68597 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Like what Pruitt had to say about the incoming group. DWS there is no doubt that Pruitt coaches one way, that can be said for the entire group of coaches on the defensive side of the ball.

After reading the article, leaves little doubt that those wanting playing time will "earn it" during practice. As the article states, there were many who arrived in Athens with size, skill and wanting to learn the game.

Pruitt's door is never closed and he does not waste time with BS. These young men understand and will produce.

247sports.com/Bolt/Jeremy-Pruitt-managin...ldogs-frosh-38645377

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68598 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Back in the day men like CJP were referred as being grounded.

He has surrounded himself with a coaching staff that have similar qualities

That imo it is why we have a compatible group which carries over to the offense staff also

BS left with the coaches and players who

Departed our program.....ME has been been

Replaced with. WE.....Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68606 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic BS Comes In Different Colors

scooby wrote: I've said this before, Ill say it one more time...

In any given year there are probably 20 programs that have any chance at all of being the natty champs. UGA is definitely on the list. LSU, Bama, Auburn, Florida, FSU, OSU, Mich moving forward, Miami in the past, Oregon, Southern Cal, etc, etc, etc. Lots of others trying to get on the "big 20" list...Tennesee, South Car, Klimpson, GaTech,Louisville, Kentucky, Ark, UCLA, VT, etc, etc, etc.

Of those "big 20" id say you could circle 5 teams in any given year and have a 50% chance of picking the winner.

You guys who are disapointed when you don't win enough games just need to keep in mind how competitive it is. I surf around a lot of forums and apparently lots of teams want to win the NC. :ohmy:

Will Muschamps found out how hard it is. Look at the resume, coached at bama under BS, lsu i think, Texas. He looked like a cant miss and he flopped big time. He was head coach at UF for 4 years and you cant blame the last guy when you get 4 years.

Now you guys might very well be right that MR will not win a NC. That is another issue. His personality is not nasty enough and his religion will not allow him to get a little sneaky, ie cheat. And while this is a problem if you want to win NC's, its part of the reason he is making $4m a year in his 15th season.

Hey, Im pulling for you guys this year like always. I dont think Id circle UGA in the top five, but i wouldnt have circled OSU last year.

A lot of good points and facts in your statement my man. After the Bama game you and a lot of others will have us circled in their top 5. We are going to be that good this year. The pieces to the coaching puzzle are finally there and it will show on Saturday's. The talent has been there for the past 8 plus years but some key pieces were missing but not anymore...

GO DAWGS

More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68625 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
sflanagan21, believe your statement about the coaching pieces being in place are more than spot on.

Put it this way . . . . Different than the recent past, and for that matter for many years prior to the last 7 or so.

I believe that we were far ahead of many SEC teams in the early 2000 years, player talent wise.

Would be damn hard for anyone to convince me that our "downfall" was because we lacked player talent.

Nick Saban for example left the NFL for Alabama and right away with the talent Georgia had at that point beat Saban on their field with NS as head coach. That ended soon thereafter. Think most of us understand that the inner workings of coaching talent lifted Alabama over Georgia. Records and coaches speak for themselves.

Much to like with the changes made in Athens.

• Buc
  • Buc's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68626 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic BS Comes In Different Colors
Buc, all anyone has to do is take a look at the recruiting that's going on at UGA and you can see a big change is happening with this new staff. Yes I realize we have always recruited really good but you have to look a little deeper at the recruits that we are landing to see the difference I'm talking about. One good example is Devonta Smith that kid is a game changer with his speed and Sam Pettito had a lot to do with landing Smith. And I will not be surprised if we see Shyheim Carter commit to UGA pretty soon as well. It's really mind blowing at how deep we are right now with talent and how deep we are going to be for the at least the next 4-5 years. The movement that is going on at UGA right now reminds me of the movement that we saw at Bama starting in 07 when Saban arrived. From my perspective our program has made a huge shift in the right direction. And I think we may have the best coaching staff in college football and that's damn right scary with the talent on our roster...

GO DAWGS
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
Time to create page: 0.047 seconds