The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, swampdawg, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68513 by swampdawg
Replied by swampdawg on topic Show Me The Money
YD1... Spot On. I see them as Row level and above. They have never walked in the pee at the stadium.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 7 months ago #68514 by NC_Dawg
Replied by NC_Dawg on topic Show Me The Money
YD1 Wrote:

...Folks who pull the puppet strings want him to. Money flows and grows. Hit the 9 win average for any four years and HC is gold. Drop in revenue and then the grumbling grows louder...

^^^^^ #THIS^^^^^ has certainly been the "MO" since the arrival of the Saintly One. Major stadium expansions, lucrative endorsement contracts, appalling increases in contribution cut-offs and ticket prices, reduction in tailgating spots, all signal that greed is GOOD for Mahogany Row....However, Captain Rainbows and Unicorns can ONLY keep the coffers full so long as he doesn't drop one of his seasonal bed-wettings to the likes of UF, Allbarn and the NATS. He went 1-3 last season and it got the attention of the media bobbleheads!

Now, along with the annual Sunshine Pumping from Mahogany Rows PR crew, we are treated to articles from outside the "arena" comparing the Anointed One to a perennial "Bridesmaid" among several conference "Brides". I grew wary of our internal PR bloviations somewhere between 2006 and 2008,.......Now I just ignore them.....!

The "twist", however, is the acknowledgement from those media outlets outside "our" control, basically echoing what most, herein, have been posting for years!....This is certainly and perception change that may have ramifications, should we embarrass ourselves like last season.

Yes,....new and talented players,......new, exciting and talented subordinate staff,.....Been here, done this, had drinks, the t-shirt is old and stained.....Like the title of this thread,......

SHOW ME THE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!

"My advice to you is to start drinking heavily." - Bluto

More
8 years 7 months ago #68519 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Show Me The Money
A while back this board was the beginning of the M&M chatter.

Always at the end of a post or thread it would be said . . . . "Ain't Seen Nothing Yet, More To Come".

As Steve mentioned along with Bill King and others . . . . wading through pp, not enjoyable.

Now there is a new "cash cow" and it is larger than the universities. SEC Network was far more successful than even Mickey and Minnie had thought. Surprising actually, M&M are extremely good with numbers.

Sooner rather than later we will see moves like the one mentioned below in place. As some on this board and others have said . . . . big screen televisions, living room comforts, toilets not surrounded by pp and all the beverages one wishes to chug.

Mickey and Minnie recognize when there is an opening, much like running backs that can find a hole.

This type of posting never grabbed a lot of attention here, but the attention that was paid to the talk was very good.

College football is a business. NFL football is a business. More to come.

blutarsky.wordpress.com/2015/08/04/would...-per-month-for-espn/

More
8 years 7 months ago #68528 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic Show Me The Money
Having just read this, no doubt in my mind that Greg Pyke could play the left side, and probably will in the NFL.

Greg understands where the money is, and Pyke is definitely an athlete.

Would not surprise me if Greg Pyke is a left tackle in the NFL. For sure he is going high in the draft. Will not get past the "early second round". My thoughts. Pro team that gets this young man is getting a "special offensive lineman".

As far as playing guard in the NFL, that is a "shut case".

Bet this . . . . our running backs and quarterback(s) understand just how good Pyke is.

www.ledger-enquirer.com/2015/08/04/38425...could-play.html?rh=1
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds