The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 7 months ago #68453 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Buc, the way Harris throws down the hammer while blocking I would no doubt utilize him as a H back in the power! He will more than likely NOT miss a block and it could be the one that breaks the run for a TD. I would have him blocking zone, lining up in the backfield catching dump passes and flexing out wide, going in motion all in one drive. The H back if utilized correctly can cause SO much havoc on a D coordinator because of the possible mismatches it can cause. I think Harris is fast enough to give linebackers trouble and for sure big and physical enough to make a DB avoid full contact with him so yea I would use him as an H back and I'm sure Shotty will.

Bobo needed to get out from under CMR's wing to continue to grow. Shotty isn't under anybody's wing and I think he comes in with a lot more control over the O than Bobo left with. That's just my opinion on it Buc.

Like I've stated several times before the QB situation doesn't bother me at all this year. We are 7 days away from a battle between what I believe to be 3 very talented and more than capable play callers and the cream will rise to the top. Mason was a DGD and I have tons of respect for him but these 3 guys are all on another level so right there put's us in a better spot than last year, again my opinion.

I will say it again, the pieces to the UGA puzzle are all on the table. We are loaded with talent all over this roster and we have the right coaches to coach that talent up. It's going to be a fun season to watch that's for damn sure! I see us right in mix for a SEC and NC run.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 7 months ago #68460 by sflanagan21
Replied by sflanagan21 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Charlie Woerner is going to wreck havoc too!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

More
8 years 7 months ago #68461 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
sflanagan21, I really like the fact that Charlie Woerner first off chose Georgia.

Another plus in my opinion is that Charlie let it be known that he wants to play on the outside. Know you have to like that also. Watching his film, really has soft hands and catches the ball away from his body. Another thing he does that I really appreciate is looking for someone to hit downfield. Much like his Uncle Scott, likes contact.

You and I had some conversation about Jackson Harris 6-5, 240 lbs. playing "some" in the H-Back position. You mentioned Jackson Harris throwing blocks with "accuracy" freeing up the backs that we have that only need "one extra block" to bring folks to their feet in both Sanford and living rooms.

The more I look, the more I like some of what I am seeing. Getting back to the tightends, that is a plus when I read and look at some of the ways Schottenheimer likes to distribute the ball.

Friend, keeping my fingers crossed that we never, ever forget what offensive line play means to our football team. Too long that was a forgotten piece of the puzzle. Really pulling for Rob Sale.

The following article is one of several that I have read. There are always variables when discussing past, present and future. I have always tried to remember those three things.

For those that have not read a lot about Brian Schottenheimer, might want to read the article, could give some insight into what may or may not be expected. That has yet to be answered in Athens about our offensive coordinator. Soon we will get a good look at our offense without Mike Bobo.

cover32.com/rams/2014/12/31/an-examinati...-offensive-variable/
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

More
Time to create page: 0.070 seconds