Forum

Escaped NY Prisoners Hoping to Join College Football Team

8 years 9 months ago #68313 by scooby
It is really kind of sad what college athletics has turned into.

When the coaches salaries are what they have become, and there is so much money involved in other ways, this is what you get. University's bring guys in that don't have the academic qualifications to be there and spoon feed them enough to stay eligible. The better the athlete, the more second and third chances if they happen to be thugs. Just win baby...

I am about done with it. Im going to start going to high school games again.

I'm not singling out uga. I have paid for three university educations and feel like ive earned the right to fuss about it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #68316 by Buc
scooby, one thing that bothers me is high school football has changed.

If we go back to Friday nights and high school football, not like it was some years back.

Allow me this . . . . all of the "videos" that I watch "feature" high school talent that like to present this . . . . I have 20/30/40 scholarship offers. Kiss my butt if you want me to wear your colors.

My opinion.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago #68318 by scooby
Buc, I have noticed the little private 1a high schools in my parts are recruiting, especially in basketball. I know a guy whos kid went to a private school with an 8k a year tuition. He was on the basketball team but didnt get to play much because they had "playas" on the team with scholarships. They won the state championship, but so what? I dont get it.

Im going to some good old public school football games this year. Right down the road and five bucks to get in. Hot dogs bogo in the fourth quarter. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc, yankeedawg1

More
8 years 9 months ago - 8 years 9 months ago #68321 by Buc
Scooby, it was actually further back than two years when the "stuff" concerning youth football and gambling was posted on this board.

Latest update . . . .

www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/30/south-...footb_n_2044854.html

Small wonder by the time many of these young men are recruited to play college football that there are problems . . . . such as what is going on in Tallahassee the past couple of years.

It is not just FSU, I watched many of the goings on with other Florida teams that were doing the same.

Edit . . . . Notice in the Huffington Post article the "timeline".
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds