Forum

From Athens- Friday Thoughs

8 years 8 months ago #68281 by Buc
Replied by Buc on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
DWS, Lorenzo Carter is exceptional, all of us know that. This group of defensive coaches believe in "bringing the heat" and we have the personnel to do just that.

I am still on board with a player that ogredawg has liked from the beginning, Reggie Carter, "the other Carter". Kimbrough is no slouch. Every reason to believe that we have a very good linebacking corps for 2015.

The middle has to be much better than previous years. Tennessee has running backs as does Alabama, not sure about Auburn at this point.

Appears for the first time maybe ever that we are two deep or better on the defensive front seven. For sure Pruitt and Company are not going to allow this group to be sucking air in the fourth quarter. Many times in the past, sucking air in the second half. There have been some positive changes defensively since the arrival of the Alabama Gang. JMHO.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1, growl

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
8 years 8 months ago #68284 by yankeedawg1
Replied by yankeedawg1 on topic From Athens- Friday Thoughs
Totally agree that CJP has had an effect on the

Offense....recruiting and work ethics. No slack in the

Chain From any of the Bama gang. In one word Nasty

In all areas...... Got coaches who want to win

Got ballers wearing the R & B. News flash from the

Classic City..... You may think it is quite but far from

It...... Dawgs making noise. Soon the rest of the world

Will hear....Saturday in Athens...Boys of the South

Go Boom...... Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Buc

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago - 8 years 8 months ago #68285 by Buc
yd1, while I don't buy into the much used phrase that we are "two years away" . . . . I do believe and maybe know that the changes made in the second year of the new coaches coming in and replacing many that were here, but not filling out the entire sheet of "what and who were needed" to get our program in the area of "believing" we had a chance to "think" we could reach the Final Four.

Yes I realize the paragraph above ran on and ran.

Back on the talent issue. We have talent. Every team in the SEC has talent. Not to forget that every program has only x number of players that they can bring in each season. Young men want to play . . . . right away, that can move many young men to "forget" who they "wanted to play for" at one point in their young lives.

Anyone that believes that College Football is the same today as it was yesterday, not so. When head coaches started making millions, it changed the way many NFL coaches approached football. Now they can return to the college game, make more money in some/many cases than they did in the NFL. The same coaches can add on the recruiting trail that they know how to get young players to the NFL. Big selling feature, and most or many colleges are moving in that direction. Peddlers, peddle.

This 2015 Season is going to come down in my opinion to . . . . coaching. Most teams have talent. That bothers me if we don't have recognizable changes in Athens. Not just me saying that, those that make their livings question Saturday tactics and calls made from those in charge. More and more we hear the "same things" being repeated from outside sources.

I have this hope for the 2015 Season.

I sincerely hope that Pruitt and Schottenheimer can move our "goals forward".

growl, thoughts of you and family.
The following user(s) said Thank You: yankeedawg1

More
8 years 8 months ago #68286 by yankeedawg1
Going to be a flurry of hype coming from the heads

Who are basking in their self importance covering the

Hoover D & P. Lovefest with the pumpkin people

In the east...... Don't see us napping players know

What the Bama gang wants And. Expects.

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!

• yankeedawg1
  • yankeedawg1's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junk Yard Dawg
More
8 years 8 months ago #68287 by Buc
As a Georgia player it has to be enlightening for them to spend time with Mark Hocke. Another weapon I might add that we plucked from a very successful S&C unit. The Seniors and those that spent time under a different set of S&C rules seem now to understand that there is a better way.

S&C area of UGA football is not a lot different than some other areas of the recent past. Seems there was always something missing after all of the public relations jabber had played out. Not saying that those in charge prior to Mark Hocke did not put in effort, they did. Will Mark Hocke be another in the long list of folks that have passed through the S&C area? Can't say, but there is definitely a change in leadership, a leader from a "much different culture" . . . .

Couple of quotes from Natrez Patrick . . . .

“Oh my God, I can barely feel my legs now,” said Natrez Patrick, a freshman linebacker and midyear enrollee from Atlanta. “I barely made it here. But that’s what it takes. We’ve got a goal we want to reach and it’s going to take work to get that goal.”

“I feel like I’m getting a head start and everything, but after some workouts I feel like I want to go back to high school,” Patrick, a 4-star prospect from Mays High, said with a laugh. “But seriously, I feel blessed to get the opportunity.”

Think there were eight that made it to Athens early. This also could be a blessing for all of these young men. Start out under a very intense trainer, sets an example for those that come after them.

All part of "team coaching". Come Fall practice, these young men will be ready to get after it, after all they have worked under a very intense coach throughout the Summer.

Pound the "G".

More
8 years 8 months ago #68289 by yankeedawg1
Coach Locke has made a large footprint going forward

I don't see him getting to a point and saying well we have reached our goal.

He works on purpose with a moving upward bar

Our position coaches have a better conditioned

Player to work with. Pound the G .....and

Nobody in football is going to out work us today

Many think nothing in Athens has changed

Same stuff packaged in different words spoken by different coaches

Change will play on Saturday wearing the "G"

Go Dawgs

Go Dawgs!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sflanagan21

• yankeedawg1